• January 07, 2021 10:49 PM | Tiffany Belcher

    January 2021 LVJBS Meeting Minutes 

    Date: January 5, 2021 

    Meeting Start: 7:05PM

    Location: Virtual via Zoom 

    Attendees: Johnnie T., Adam P., Paige T., Tiffany B., Jay M., Jessica G., Jenny M., Greg S., Daniel R., Mia Q.        

                               

    Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie)

     A.    Added new officer positions to the Wild Apricot website.

    B.    Updated Paige’s new email to the Wild Apricot website. 

    C.    Invoices for adjusted members’ dues were created for 2021 membership and notification sent to members.

     D.    Contacted Network for Good about the possibility of working with them to get more donations for LVJBS (nationally and with larger sponsors). Jeffrey Schneider is the point of contact. Looking forward to hearing more.

    E.   The GoogleForm Survey, regarding our live show in February, was sent out on our Wild Apricot platform and via LVJBS Facebook page had 5 respondents so far. The information was useful, but we need a larger pool of people to make an informed decision with the data. Recommend LVJBS officers post the GoogleForm Survey on our personal Facebook pages, repost on our social media accounts, etc. then reconvene once more data is gathered.  So far Catfish John has been contacted to see their interest in playing our February show and we are in discussions. 


    Please fill out our Google Survey to give us your opinion! 

    https://forms.gle/SQYTpYHNA6zbm1pj6


    Item 2: Vice President’s Report (Adam)

    A.  The Space is closed until January 15th. Adam will be in touch with him once it reopens to discuss more details about dates in February and continue moving forward with our plans.   

    B. Looking forward to a New Year in office and new opportunities!


    Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)

    A. We have 27 current members in LVJBS.

    B. Our LVJBS keychains have been purchased. This is the first purchase of 2021. We are excited about being able to provide these to our members.

    C. Our Zoom account has been paid to provide virtual LVJBS meetings, as long as we may require in 2021. 


    Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Tiffany)

    A.  Excited about the GoogleForm survey results so far. Also, recommend sending the survey to friends through Facebook Messenger and asking them to fill it out. 

    B.  Possibility of turning the new LVJBS keychains into earrings in the future once we receive them and discuss as a team. 


    Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Jay)

    A.  Color:  “Mellow Yellow” in hopes of more mellow times to come! 

     https://youtu.be/bb3WpOJvsug

    B.  2021 is going to be a great year! 


    Item 6: Open Floor

     A.  (Mia) One of our local supporters, Mia Quinn, works at ‘The Sporting Life Bar’ (Robindale & Jones).  They have upstairs space at the bar that may be a great spot for monthly LVJBS meetings.  Johnnie and Paige are going to check out the space.  A second location is opening up soon! They have an amazing juke box with many jamband friendly favorites, including the Dead. Come on out for a food special, a tasty beverage, and a great atmosphere!  If you bring a small donation for a dog such as an old blanket or towel, you can get your first drink FREE!   

    The Sporting Life Bar 7770 S Jones Blvd, Las Vegas NV, 89139

      https://www.sportinglifebar.com/


     B. (Jessica)  She will create a Facebook event for the next ‘Adopt-A-Highway’ event. The date proposed is Sunday, January 31st at 9:00am.   

     C. (Jenny)  Let’s reach out to The Blues Society and try to network with them for future shows.    

    D. (Paige) Will contact Stellar Tickets for more information about ticketing and get back to the team. 

    E. (Jenny) Possibilities of future Cross Marketing. Let’s develop a Social Media Committee to reach out to and develop partnerships within our community. Opportunities to promote the opening of Mia’s new bar location/ The Space / Lyon’s Den, etc. 

    F. (JT and Paige)  Plan to schedule a meeting to go over Bylaws, and will reach out to current members and previous members, including elders and board members. Let’s make this all inclusive! Paige will get a copy of the Bylaws to all members for review. 

    G. (Dan R.)  Looked into our committees (Nominations, Memberships, Publications, Bylaws, Fundraising). Should we discuss perhaps changing some things such as the Publications committee into a Social Media Committee. TBD at a future meeting. Great ideas are on the horizon!

    H. (Tiffany)  Let's consider defining each role for officers and committees when we meet to discuss along with Bylaws.


    Meeting adjourned:  8:33 PM

    Next Meeting:  Tuesday, February 2nd via Zoom, subject to change
  • December 08, 2020 7:00 PM | Anonymous

    December 2020 Minutes

    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Date:December 8, 2020

    Time:7:00 pm

    Location:Virtual Zoom 

    Attendees:Johnnie Tolson, Jenny Minucci, Paige Tolson, Megan Bichsel, Jessica Grant,, Tiffany Belcher, Adam Peiken, Jay Matts, David Bichsel 

    Item I:Meeting called to order at: 7:00pm 

    Item II: Presidents Report: 

    1. Thank you to the current officers with this weird year.

    2. We had more donors and only 15 less members.

    3. Interested in exploring an email for the LBJBS and officers if needed. 

    4. Golf outing for more than just members. 

    5. Want to get the movie outing scheduled. Book a movie theater at 3 locations 

    Item III:Treasurers Report: 

    1. 8121.27 in the bank

    2. 1837.57 in the scholarship fund

    3. will send out an invoice for membership dues

    4. $5 off per quarter for attending meetings

    5. interest in updating bylaws

    6. Explore Network for Good instead of Wild Apricot

    Item IV:Secretary’s Report: 

    1. Meeting to discuss changing or helping those in need with dues will be discussed at officers meeting. 

    Item V:Mayor’s report: 

    1. Touch of Grey- survived the year together

    2. Lone Wolf Donations can be made at Sporting life. 

    3. Interested in exploring more discounts and benefits for members- Jammin On, Zia, have events with drink specials.  

    4. Have a go fund me to support kids in her class with gifts and food. Post gofund me on FB page. 

    5. Radio Stations have free events announcements.

    Item VI:Committee Updates:

    1. Next years fundraising chair go after desks for members- Brooklyn Bowl Live Streams, possible live streams where people can donate to LVJBS.

    2. Fundraising can do press releases on news stations and radio stations.

    3. Looking for someone to head a committee to rewrite the by laws- specifically to address tribal elders and term limits.

    Item VII: Open Floor

    1. Adopt a highway sign damaged- reported and will be replaced

    2. Logo tags submitted and should hear back in a few days.

    3. We can do short videos for press releases on TV. They will play clips that are already put together. 

    4. Possible walks in the future, LVJBS walks for Breast Cancer

    5. Adam works at the space and can get us a special for $1200 for the space and live streaming. 

    6. Try to book a band at the space for Jan or Feb at the space and sell 40 tickets. 

    Next LVJBS meeting: Tue, January 5th, 7PM- Zoom

    Meeting adjourned at: 8:30pm

    Important Upcoming Dates: 

    Next LVJBS meeting: Tue January 5th 7PM Virtual ZOOM



  • November 10, 2020 7:55 PM | Jessica Grant

    November 2020 LVJBS Meeting Minutes 

    Date: November 10, 2020 (second Tuesday, due to Election Day Tuesday)

    Meeting Start: 7:18PM

    Location: Virtual via Zoom 

    Attendees: Johnnie T., Jenny M., Paige T., Jessica G., Tiffany B., Adam P., Ian Z., Greg S., Daniel R., Jay M., Doug S.         

                               

    Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie)

    ·       A.    Sending hugs to the Bichsel family.

    ·       B.    Our Secretary is unavailable tonight. Jessica is covering the Secretary’s minutes for tonight.

    ·       C.    The discussed ‘gathering in the park’ didn’t come together & due to the weather getting colder, we may ‘table’ this until the Spring.  More info TBD.

    ·       D.    We discussed a ‘small, 20 person’ movie theater gathering to view a movie of our choice, but with the recent Covid Governor ‘caution’, may arrange something for December’s end, prior to Xmas. More info TBD.

    ·       E.   NOMINATIONS for 2021 LVJBS Officers will be being accepted (via a sent GoogleForm Link OR by replying to the LVJBS email) through Nov. 20th.  Nominees can accept/deny their Nomination through Nov.25th.  VOTING will take place from 11/25 through 12/5. 

    ·       F.  The DECEMBER MEMBERS’ MEETING will take place on Tuesday, 12/8, instead of the ‘first Tuesday, 12/1’, so ballots/email results can be tallied.

    ·       G.  Will be sending an LVJBS email with the information and/or links to the ‘possible’ upcoming Park Event (Tiffany), the Annual Pet Drive (Jenny), and the 2021 Officer Nominations (Megan).

    Item 2: Vice President’s Report (Jenny)

    • A.  The LONEWOOF RESCUE Annual Winter-Drive began again! Get any pet supplies, gift cards, blankets, food, etc. to any Officer to get LoneWoof's way.  (See detailed flier on our website/Facebook page)   
    • B.  Thoughts to find a supportive, local bar to have various meetings and events at, which would help support and ‘give back’ to the LVJBS. 
    • C.  While researching various info, came across some grant information. Discussed the new ‘Google Data Center’ in Henderson, who partners with various community organizations to help strengthen the technology infrastructure for non-profits.  (More info at henderson@google.com)  They provide 4 grants a year at $80k.

    Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)

        ·     A. While researching grants for personal job, came across the “PETS Grant Program” & applied for a $20K grant:

    The Pandemic Emergency Technical Support (PETS) Grant Program makes $20 million in Corona-virus Relief Funds available to provide operational support to small businesses, non-profits organizations, arts and culture organizations, and local Chamber of Commerce impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Payments will be made directly to applicants for selected eligible expenses they would like to cover with requested funding. Award of Funds Businesses and non-profits can receive up to $10,000 for any eligible expenses; Chambers of Commerce: • serving less than 10 businesses can receive up to $10,000; • serving more than 10 businesses can receive up to $20,000; Arts and Culture organizations can receive up to $20,000. Eligibility Eligible applicants are those businesses with less than 50 employees with gross annual revenues less than $4 million, non-profits, Chambers of Commerce and arts and culture organizations located in Nevada with an active business license prior to March 1, 2020 that experienced and can demonstrate financial hardship due to COVID-19.

    • B. Connected with a company “Network for Good” (501c3 Nonprofit Software tool) which works with nonprofits to help raise monies, giving a ‘guarantee’ to reimburse funds IF goals aren’t met.  Was invited to watch a ‘demo’ of their site, via a Zoom meeting (similar to our current WildApricot, yet more interactive—giving us the availability to choose the settings of how information is received (i.e. text, email, etc.)
    • C.  Currently we use WildApricot, which is an annual program (paid annually April to April) & if we choose to transfer over to “Network for Good”, it is said there is a ‘seamless upload’ from current system to the new.  More details TBD.
    • D.  There were 3 new ‘SMITH’S GROCERY STORE’ sign-ups for a % of funds to the LVJBS (now a total of 6). (*Please link your account:  www.smithsfoodanddrug.com/i/community/smiths-inspiring-donations
    • E.  Also, be sure to link your Amazon account via Amazonsmile, which will also help to get funds back our way with ease: www.smile.amazon.com 

    Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Megan: absent)

    Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Tiffany)

    • A.  Color:  “Crystal Blue Persuasion” in honor of the new President’s family-positivity vibe!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDl8ZPm3GrU
    • B.  Have enjoyed helping the local band ‘THEE MESSAROUNDS’ to book their outdoor, Halloween show. Check ‘em out.

    Item 6: Open Floor

    ·       A.  (Jenny) One of our local supporters, Mia Quinn, works at ‘The SportingLife Bar’ (Robindale & Jones) which, 2x/month, gives complimentary drinks to those who deliver ‘pet supplies’ to their ‘Pet Drive’ and has collaborated with our mission in the past.

    ·       B. (Jessica)  Thanks to those who helped with our ‘Fall Adopt-A-Highway’ event last month, at Lake Mead (Jessica, Johnnie, Paige, Kathy, & RJ).  Our LVJBS sign was again vandalized (tagged) and will be reported to the Adopt-A-Highway’ organizers for future repair.

    ·       C. (Johnnie) Thanks to Paige for making up some ‘Winner SwagBags’ for the LVJBS Golf Outing.  The winning team was Fred G.’s group & a celebration was had afterwards at the ‘Crown & Anchor’ bar. 

    ·       D. (Johnnie) Will look into the ‘LV National Golf Course’s’ program of $5 of each Tee-time, making its way back to a local non-profit.

    ·       E. (Tiffany) Thoughts of a future 5k walk that the LVJBS finds sponsors for and then, walks together to raise funds.   

    ·       F. (Dan R.)  Our LVJBS.org domain is up for renewal.  It is currently a 1, 3, or 5 year commitment at $20.99/year.  Dan to take care of the 5 year renewal at $104.95 and submit reimbursement to Treasurer Paige.

    ·       G. (Jay M.) On November 28th @ 3pm, the SAWTOOTH VIRTUAL GATHERING (from Idaho) will have a ‘Virtual Live Music Event’ via Facebook, as a benefit for the ‘Sawtooth Valley Rural Fire Dept.’(featuring Fruition, ShookTwins, & more!)  LVJBS to share the ‘Stream’.

    ·       H. (Jessica) Will Follow-up on the ‘Custom Guitar Pick Keychains’ order for         2021 Membership.

    Next Meeting:  Tuesday, December 8th via Zoom

    Meeting adjourned:  7:55 PM


  • October 06, 2020 7:00 PM | Anonymous

    October 2020 Minutes

    _____________________________________________________________________________________


    Date:October 6, 2020


    Time:7:00 pm


    Location:Jackson’s Bar and Grill and Zoom: 6020 W Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89103 


    Attendees:Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Megan Bichsel, Jessica Grant, Ellen Skiba

    via zoom: Jenny Minucci, Tiffany Belcher, Greg Serensits, RJ Fuqua, Ericka Ziegelmaier, Dan Rugotski


    Item I: Meeting called to order at: 7:00pm 


    Item II:Presidents Report: 

    1. We would like to remind people attending live events to maintain protocols in place.  Wearing masks and social distancing is important for these events to continue.

    2. We want to consider having a BBQ in the park and getting everyone together in an outside setting. 


    Item III: Vice Presidents Report: 

    1. Look into camping sites: Valley of Fire vs red rock group camping site

    2. Bootleggers possible venue for events in the future- Windmill and LV Blvd

    3. Continue exploring new venues

    4. Consider sending a survey that will see what type of events members are interested in attending:

      1. Wild apricot vs facebook survey vs google form?

      2. Considerations to be made on how large we want the event to be and the audience we want to reach with the survey. 

    5. BBQ in the park 

      1. Sat Oct 24th afternoon party in the park

      2. Parks with other amenities- like disc golf might be nice 

      3. Park across from Rocky’s 

      4. Desert Bloom Park- 8405 S Maryland Pkwy- confirmed first come, first serve

      5. Plan is to arrive early on October 24th and claim a gazebo 

    6. Valley of Fire group camping spot

      1. Jenny checked availability but booked through the rest of the year. 

      2. Maybe something to consider earlier in the year for next year. 

    Item IV: Treasurer's Report: 

    1. Cinemark movie theater has a “rent your own theater” for  $99 and bring your own blu ray.  This would be for 20 people. 

    2. Discuss options to bring your kids to a kid friendly movie. 

    3. The Cinemark theaters is hosting this event, this includes The Orleans and Southpoint. 

    4. LVJBS sponsored vs ticketed event, we can decide how much we want to sponsor.

    5. We discussed that we could send a survey to see what membership is interested in seeing. 

    6. Bank balance currently: $8,718.35, $1,837.53

    7. This Saturday, October 10th is our golf outing. So far we have collected $200. More discussed in Open Floor.  

    8. Don’t forget to sign up on Amazon Smile and for Smith’s giveback program. 



    Item V:  Secretary’s Report: 

    1. Hi to everyone. 


    Item VI:Mayor’s report: 

    1. Color: Orange- Going into fall and happy to be outside. Excited to be outside for safety. 

    2. Want to encourage more outside friends and family events. Especially now that is cooling down. 

    3. Can't wait to see you at the park. 


    Item VII:Committee Updates:

    1. Volunteer coordinator- Jessica Grant

      1. Highway cleanup- Saturday October 24th- looking for volunteers 8AM 

      2. Clean up takes about an hour. 

      3. Jess will send out a post and invite. 

    Item IV: Open Floor

    1. Guitar Picks- moving forward with ideas and design. 

      1. Plan is for this to be your membership gift when you sign up. 

      2. Plan to use the 2020 logo and the lvjbs.org on the back. 

    2. Golf Tournament This Saturday October 10th

      1. We have tee times and prices for the LVJBS Golf Outing on 10/10/2020, Saturday for up to 4 foursomes. 1. Desert Pines Golf Course Tee Time 10:40am $66.00 per player includes lunch. 2. The National Golf Course Tee Time 12:00pm $50 per player no lunch. 

      2. Golf should be approximately from 12-4:30PM. 

      3. Golf after party- Crown and Anchor patio- 4:20PM 

      4. Paige and Jess will be at the Crown and Anchor at 4:20 PM

      5. Crown and Anchor- 1350 E Tropicana.


    1. Discussion around term limits

      1. New leadership every 1-2 years, consider putting limits in place. 

      2. Elections according to the bylaws are yearly. 

      3. Officers meeting to review bylaws and consider changes. 


    1. Ericka- Presents an idea that is moving forward for putting together a documentary about the LVJBS by Rob Schuder. 

      1. Ericka will be collecting all of the pictures, videos, stories, the good bad and ugly of the LVJBS. 

      2. Gritty dirt, difficult conversations, love stories and everything that tell the story of the LVJBS. 

      3. Send all pictures, videos and stories to Ericka: jimithing702@yahoo.com

    2. Option to have another virtual golf outing 

    1. There is very little to do on our part, anyone can joint virtually on a specified day. 

    2. The money will be donated to the LVJBS. 

    6. Thank you to Amanda for donating a violin to the organization. 

    1. Violin will be donated to Miss Grant’s orchestra. 


    7. Election Day is next month. 

    1. We discussed moving the meeting to the following Tuesday. 

    2. Get Out and Vote! 



    Next LVJBS meeting: Tuesday, November 10th 2020: Jacksons and Zoom


    Meeting adjourned at: 7:58 pm




    Important Upcoming Dates: 

    October 10th- Golf Tournament- Desert Pines Golf Course- Noon 

    October 31st- Halloween on the HillTop- Apple Valley - Cubensis campout weekend 

    November 3rd- Rock the Vote!



  • September 01, 2020 7:00 PM | Jessica Grant

    September 2020 LVJBS Meeting Minutes 

    Date: September 1, 2020

    Meeting Start: 7:03PM

    Location: Virtual via Zoom 

    Attendees: Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Jessica Grant, Ian Zeitzer

    Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie)

    • A.    Still sending our condolences to Jenny Minucci and her family.
    • B.    Our VP, Secretary, and Mayor are not present.  Jessica Grant is covering the Secretary’s minutes for tonight.
    • C.    Our VGK, game 5, is on!  GO KNIGHTS GO! 
    • D.    There are few ways to raise funds during the Pandemic, so another request for donations will go out to charities and our members to help look for community support.
    • --Some private events and Livestream events have been helping to provide some live music for communities, but it’s not the same. (Spoke with friends in CO who had an event at a Drive-In theater, but with the need to ‘stay in/near vehicles’, it seems the ‘live music aspect seems to be left out’.)

    Item 2: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)

    • A.    The Southpoint Theaters have advertised a ‘private theater’ rental for $99, up to 20 people ($5 per person), with half-price concessions.  More info and a hopeful LVJBS movie night TBD.  (Possibly the new ‘Bill & Ted’ movie OR another feature that could get the group ‘socially distanced’ & together safely.)

    Item 3: Secretary’s Report (Megan: absent)

    Item 4: Mayor’s Report (Tiffany: absent)

                A. Color- Golden Knights!

    Item 5: Production Report (Greg: absent)

    Item 6: Open Floor

    • A.    Follow-up on the ‘Custom Guitar Pick Keychains’.  Last month: Guitar Picks continue to be explored as a membership gift and for use as promotional merchandise. Approximately $600 total with a 500 minimum order and 8 cents to print on both sides. Also, discussed adding keychain to be a more durable construct, as it comes with small "ball chain". We will further explore artwork for design. 

    https://www.logotags.com/military-dog-tags/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9fDxja3S6gIVxRd9Ch254QdwEAQYASABEgJ5Q_D_BwE&fbclid=IwAR0Jdp__nXChcmdWlza4kvgM0GQbrP2dGNFT5S5Spt2N3k2vKRHn8Bjsma0

    Jessica to continue the exploration of this and start an LVJBS Team post, for the group to add their thoughts/logos/decision of the artwork, to proceed with the order.

    • B.    Ian Z. mentioned the thoughts of our Community of musicians and music fans, possibly having unused, instruments/music accessories that could be sent our way and donated to schools, since the need for these items is quite high, due to students around the valley being unable to share instruments, etc.

    Jessica to create an LVJBS post about ‘Closet Clean-Outs’ to help advertise our Instrument search!

    • C.    Discussion of an LVJBS hosted “Community Blood Drive”.  Thoughts that acoustic musicians can play, as donations are being ‘pumped’.  Date thought:  middle to end of October

    Jessica to contact the ‘American Red Cross’ to see how to proceed with a group sponsored event.

    Next Meeting:  Tuesday, October 6th.  Discussion of having it at random locations (i.e. Jacksons Bar, Rocky’s Bar, & also, virtually, via Zoom.)

    Meeting adjourned:  7:15 PM


  • August 04, 2020 7:00 PM | Anonymous

    August 2020 LVJBS meeting minutes 

    Date: Aug 4th, 2020

    Time: 7PM

    Location: Virtual via zoom 

    Attendees: Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Jessica Grant, Megan Bichsel, Adam Pieken, Dan Rugotzke, Greg Serensits


    Item 1: Presidents Report

    A. Condolences go out to Jenny Minucci and her family for the passing of her father, we send all of our love and prayers. 

    B. Johnnie is posting live stream shows on the LVJBS website, for example Catfish John this past weekend. Any shows that you think should be shared on the website, please forward them to Johnnie. 

    Resources that post live streams: 

    https://liveforlivemusic.com; 

    https://www.jambase.com; 

    https://fans.com; 

    https://relix.com/streamguide/

    C. Guitar Picks continue to be explored as a membership gift and for use as promotional merchandise. Approximately $600 total with a 500 minimum order and 8 cents to print on both sides. Also, discussed adding keychain to be a more durable construct, as it comes with small "ball chain". We will further explore artwork for design. 

    https://www.logotags.com/military-dog-tags/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9fDxja3S6gIVxRd9Ch254QdwEAQYASABEgJ5Q_D_BwE&fbclid=IwAR0Jdp__nXChcmdWlza4kvgM0GQbrP2dGNFT5S5Spt2N3k2vKRHn8Bjsma0

    Item 2: Treasurer Report

    A. Increase in membership from 5-7 families

    B. Received a beautiful thank you from Three Square regarding our quarantunes donation. LVJBS was able to provide 874 meals to people in need within our community. 

    C. LVJBS Account: $8,476; Scholarship Account: $1,837.50

    Item 3: Secretary Report

    A. Will create new scholarship application form for upcoming year, target group being music teachers or students that could utilize funds in current environment. 

    Item 4: Mayor report

    A. Color- Glow with the Flow

    Item 5: Production Report

    A. No word about drive in movie at Artiface, Greg will follow up and keep us in the loop if there is plan moving forward.  

    Item 6: Open Floor

    A. Adam has been working with production at The Space with Mark Shunock and this could be a possible venue space for live stream events. When bars open in the future, we could even host events here with an added livestream option. Adam will look into production cost. 

    B. Mess Arounds at the Sand Dollar Aug 15th 

    C. Tecopa postponed to 2021


    Meeting adjourned at 7:46PM


  • June 02, 2020 7:00 PM | Anonymous

    June 2020 Minutes

    __________________________________________________________________________________­­­­­­­­___

    Date:                June 2, 2020

    Time:               7 pm

    Location:         Virtual Zoom Meeting

    Attendees:       Megan Bichsel, Ian Zeitzer, Jessica Grant, Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Tiffany Belcher, Jenny Minucci, Adam Peiken, Greg Serensits

               

     

    Item I:              Meeting called to order at: 7pm

    Item II:             Presidents Report:

    A.     Moment of Silence for those who have died in recent current events.

    B.     Thanks to Adam for setting up our youtube channel.

    C.    Watch party monies raised: after some research PPE needs have been filled at this time. We decided to give donations to Three Square to help meet our community food insecurity needs.

    Item III:            Treasurers Report:

    • A.     $131- collected, LVJBS added an extra $10 per musician bringing total to $311

    Item IV:            Vice President’s Report:

    • A.      Youtube handle: subscribe to the channel is the most helpful for promotion
    • B.      Pictures on old website, looking to update to new website and FB page
    • C.       Letterhead updated and donation letter updated

    Item V:             Mayor’s report:

    A. Color: Black Lives Matter

    Item VI:            Production Report:

    • A.     Curbside concerts has reached out to see if any artists would like to sign up for their program- goal is keeping music alive in a physically distant world.
    •       https://www.curbsideconcerts.rocks/
    •       Any interested artists can reach out viatheir website- keep 90% of all bookings

    Item VII:           Open Floor

    • A.     a Setlist.FM would be a cool type of interface for LVJBS to create
    • 1.     Ability to track concerts attended
    • B.     Drive in concert- explore the drive in as a viable option
    • C.    Open to hosting backyard party events- start small and webcast
    • 1.     Open to members first
    • 2. Garage Ma Hall possible venue
    • D.    Explore movie theaters as a possible venue option
    • 1.     This has been done in the past to show Area 51 sound test videos
    • E.     Pinball Arcade discussed as a possible meetup
    • F.     We currently have a musician’s only group to utilize for LVJBS “house parties”
    • G.    Funk Jam discussed as a possible LVJBS party

    Meeting adjourned at: 8:10pm

    Next Meeting: Zoom vs meeting at a bar location- will continue to discuss possible location options.


  • March 03, 2020 7:00 PM | Anonymous

    March 2020 Minutes

    __________________________________________________________________________________­­­­­­­­

    Date:                March 3, 2020

    Time:               7 pm

    Location:         Jackson’s Bar- Flamingo and Jones 6020 W Flamingo 89103 (Teah’s Bar!)

    Attendees:       Megan Bichsel, Ian Zeitzer, Jessica Grant, Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Dan Rugotzke, Ellen Skiba, Tiffany Belcher, Fred Guzat, Kathy Guzat, David Shapiro and Audrey Kennedy

               

     

    Item I:              Meeting called to order at: 7pm

    Item II:             Presidents Report:

    1.     Relix Table for Ween- registration is open

    a.     If you volunteer- you get a ticket for that night

    b.     Two bowling tournaments- Friday and Saturday

    c.     There will be a wait list for all Relix table shifts

    d. If you volunteer for a bowling shift you get a ticket for that night

    2.     Lottery’s approaching-

    b.     Ween show lottery

    c.     Galactic show lottery

    Item III:            Treasurers Report:

    • 1.           Welcome new members David and Aubrey
    • 2.           Updated members list available.
    • a.     $8065 in the bank
    • b.     $1034 from Delta Nove and Ryanpalooza!         
    • c.     Excited about an amazing first quarter.
    • 3.       Amazon Smile- $15.25

    Item IV:            Secretary’s Report:

    • 1.       Ryanpalooza- raised money, thank you Ryan. 
    • 2.       CPK- applied for a giveback donation drive day. Waiting to hear back about possible meeting in the future being held here. 
    • 3.       Garage Ma Hall Takeover is cancelled until further notice. 

    Item VI:            Mayor’s report:

    • 1.       Color: Yellow- Sunshine Daydream
    • 2.       Instagram- is up and running- share pics to post on team page. 
    • 3.       Social Media ideas: Meet the members.
    • 4.       Raffle for Smith’s giveback signup.

    Item VII:           Production Report:

    • 1.     Cubensis 3/21 date inquiry- passed because of Ween conflict. 
    • 2.     Go LVJBS Go!           
    • 3.     Bobby Kingston, owner of Saddle and Spurs, would like to do a show with the LVJBS.
    • 4.     Also, Legends on Boulder Highway has sound and a stage- explore as an option for future shows. 

    Item VIII:          Committee Updates:     

    • 1.     Fund Development-
    • a.     Savers date- April 4th or April 11.
    • b.     Awaiting confirmation from Garage. 
    • c. April 4th coincides with community garage sale in Megan's neighborhood. We could solicit neighbors for donations at end of day. 

    Item IV:            Open Floor

    • 1.     Grateful Bluegrass Boys- Sunday March 22nd
    • a.     Potluck 2:30/3pmish
    • b.     4-7pm Basia’s house- 800 Kenny Way, 89107
    • c.     Aaron Redner- 415-299-0380
    • d.     Suggested donation $20
    • e.     Consider inviting Out of the Desert to open. Would be a 2pm
    • f.       Brian Burns- president of the bluegrass society
    • g.  All volunteer shifts covered, a big thank you!
    • 2.     Adopt a highway- Sunday May 3rd 9am
    • 3.     Spafford- Bunkhouse check it.
    • 4.     Delta Nove and Megascopes were amazing! Go Team.

    Meeting adjourned at: 7:53pm

    • Important Upcoming Dates: 
    •             Next LVJBS meeting: April 7, 2020 7PM Jackson's- 6020 W Flamingo 
    •             Thurs March 3rd- 7:30   Donavon Frankenreiter- BBLV
    •             Fri March 6th- 8PM        G. Love & Special Sauce- Top Golf
    •             Sat March 7th- 9PM       Mike Dillon- Mystic Hot Springs
    •             Sat March 7th 6:30PM    Billy Ray Charles and Scott Pemberton- Sand Dollar
    •             Thurs March 12th           The Higgs- Sand Dollar Lounge
    •             Thurs-Sat March 19-21 WEEN- BBLV
    •             Sat March 21st  11AM     Las Vegas Bluegrass Festival at Centennial Hills Park
    •             Sat March 21st 10PM     Catfish John- Sand Dollar
    •             Sun March 22nd 3PM     Grateful Bluegrass- Basia’s House- 800 Kenny Way
    •             Wed March 25th- 7PM    Galactic- BBLV
    •             Fri March 27th 10:30PM Psyatics- Double Down
    •             Sat March 28th 11AM     Music of the Grateful Dead for kids- BBLV
    •             Thurs April 2nd 8PM       Roots of Creation- TopGolf
    •             Sat April 4th- 6:30PM     Wilco- BBLV
    •             Sat April 4th 8PM           Spafford- Bunkhouse
    •             Sat April 18th 11AM       Reggae Rise Up Music Festival- Downtown Events Center


  • February 04, 2020 7:00 PM | Anonymous

    February 2020 Minutes

    __________________________________________________________________________________­­­­­­­­___

    Date:                February 4, 2020

    Time:               7 pm

    Location:         The Bichsel’s house

    Attendees:       Megan Bichsel, David Bichsel, Richard Stewart, Matt Alexander, Jimmy Cressy, Basia Yakaitis, Steve Yakaitis, Jessica Grant, Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Dan Rugotzke, Greg Serensits, Ellen Skiba, Tiffany Belcher

    Item I:              Meeting called to order at: 7:15pm

    Item II:             Presidents Report:

    1.     Interest in exploring member t-shirts

    2.     Harrison Ezratty- Marketing Manager at Relix- Interested in having a Relix table at the Ween show. Any other  minimum or 2 night runs we can set up a table for volunteers to run.  

    Item III:            Vice Presidents Report:

    1.     Develop member surveys and get feedback from our members. For example: bands people would like to see, venues they prefer to see shows, suggestions for meeting locations, suggestions from members in general about how to add value to being a member.

    Item IV:            Treasurers Report:

    • 1.           Members Jammin’ On Shirts for members and payments- discussed cost
    • a.     Will discuss with Spencer further detailed run down on cost.
    • b.     Interest in getting rid of current shirts and build up bank account before purchasing shirts for all members. Might look into having an option with dues to add a tshirt for minimal cost.
    • 2.     Updated members list available.
    • a.     $6706 in the bank
    • 3.     7 households are signed up for Smiths giveback
    • a.     Tiffany will run a raffle for signing up to Smiths.
    • 4.     Amazon Smile        
    • 5.     Leave feedback for the prophouse
    • 6.     Possible shuttle to Tecopa for Megascopes- need 50 people to fill current bus. Maybe a smaller van option?

    Item V:             Secretary’s Report:

    • 1.     Google Drive updated
    • 2.     Award scholarship recipients now and showcase at the Garage Ma Hall
    • a.       Award scholarship recipient’s award now- beginning of semerster
    • b.       Follow up with receipts or pictures at Garage ma Hall.
    • 3.     Ryan birthday party/Ryanpalooza/Megascopes Tecopa show Feb 29th- LVJBS was invited to have a table for donations. Ryan asked everyone in lieu of tickets or presents he is asking guests donate to one of 2 non profits that will be present at the show. Will need to coordinate volunteers for this.  
    • 4.     High Sierra is awarding $1,000 to non-profits a month. Look into how to nominate LVJBS.

    Item VI:            Mayor’s report:

    • 1.       Color: Blue- Spring is coming…
    • 2.       Instagram-  not yet created- posts can link to Facebook
    • 3.       Social Media ideas: Meet the members.

    Item VII:           Production Report:

    • 1.            Blue Society was looking to do an event with us
    • 2.             Garage Ma Hall- Delta Nove’s last gig.
    • a.     Port a potties- rent 2 potties and a sink
    • b.     Dan will run sound
    • c.     Jimmy will stop by Rich’s to look at the stage
    • d.     Decorating party- Sunday Feb 16th
    • e.     Clean up party- Sunday Feb 23rd
    • f.       Volunteers at the door
    • g.     Donation only
    • h.     Recommend Lyfting, Ubering, carpool
    • i.       Doors 6pm, Band starts at 8pm
    • 3.     David Gans looking to play a house party- Will post on Facebook to gauge interest.

    Item VIII:          Committee Updates:     

    • 1.     Fund Development- checked further into the fundrive and also looked at both goodwill and Salvation Army websites. It seems that Savers is the only company that offers the cash deal. 
    • a.       Savers would only commit to the one time, but suggested that we tell our members that they have a period of 1 month to bring their items to a specific location, where they would then be transported to the Savers of our choice, at the day and time we reserve. The challenge as I see it would be that we don't have a space to store the donations for that long, so we would have to rent a truck and have people bring their donations to us at a specific location, day and time.
    • b.        Sunday of Garage Ma Hall- April 12th
    • c.       Rent a truck or see if anyone can donate a truck

    Item IV:            Open Floor

    • 1.     Bobby from Dnove head band director for a music school in California, Flea is involved in the school and Jimmy said that they could filter us some kids that play music once they get an awesome band together.
    • 2.     Grateful Bluegrass Boys- playing Winston’s in San Diego Saturday March 21st
    • a.     Potluck 2:30/3pmish
    • b.     4-7pm Basia’s house- 800 Kenny Way, 89107
    • c.     Aaron Redner- 415-299-0380- Dave will reach out regarding sound
    • d.     Suggested donation $20
    • e.     Consider inviting Out of the Desert to open. Would be a 2pm
    • f.       Brian Burns- president of the bluegrass society
    • 3.     Mark Massan- Shaky is looking for a gig at the Sand Dollar

    • Meeting adjourned at: 8:52pm
    • Important Upcoming Dates:
    • Next LVJBS meeting: March 3rd, 2020 Jackson’s Bar- Flamingo and Jones 6020 W Flamingo 89103
    •  Wed Feb 12th 7pm         Infamous String Dusters at Majestic Repertory Theater
    • Tue Feb 18th- 7PM        Steel Pulse- BBLV
    • Thurs Feb 20th – 7PM    Dweesil Zappa- BBLV
    • Friday Feb 21st- 6PM     Delta Nove- Garage Ma Hall
    • Sat Feb 22nd- 11AM       Music of Prince for kids- BBLV
    • Tue Feb 25th-8PM         MarchFourth- Top Golf 
    • Fri Feb 28th- 8PM          Dave Matthews Band- Chelsea
    • Sat Feb 29th 7PM          Megascopes- Tecopa
    • Fri March 6th- 8PM         G. Love & Special Sauce- Top Golf
    • Sat March 7th- 9PM       Mike Dillon- Mystic Hot Springs
    • Thurs March 12th -9PM   The Higgs- Sand Dollar Lounge
    • Thurs-Sat March 19-21 WEEN- BBLV
    • Sunday March 22nd        Grateful Bluegrass- Basia’s House- 800 Kenny Way
    • Wed March 25th- 7PM    Galactic- BBLV
    • Sat March 28th 11AM     Music of the Grateful Dead- BBLV
    • Sat April 4th- 6:30PM     Wilco- BBLV
    • Sat April 4th 8PM           Spafford- Bunkhouse
    • Fri-Sat April 10-12th       Garage Ma Hall Takeover


  • January 10, 2020 4:48 AM | Anonymous

    Important Upcoming Dates:

                Next LVJBS meeting: Tue February 4th 7:00pm- 3220 Mason Ave, LV, NV 89102

     

                Sat Jan 11th- 9:30PM     Catfish John and The Alligators- Sand Dollar Lounge

                Fri Jan 17th- 8PM           The Wailers- Top Golf

                Sat Jan 18th- 12PM        Bluegrass Jam- Lovelady Brewing

                Sun Jan 19th- 10PM       Dan Fester- Sand Dollar Lounge

                Sun Jan 19th- 8PM         The Black Keys- Chelsea

                Sat Jan 25th 11AM         Music of David Bowie for kids- BBLV

                Thurs Jan 30th- 10PM    Chris Tofield- Sand Dollar Lounge

                Sat Feb 1st- 10PM         FLUX with Debbie Stewart- Sand Dollar Lounge

                Sat Feb 1st- 8PM           Unwieldies and Pitchfork- Gold Mine Tavern

                Tue Feb 18th- 7PM        Steel Pulse- BBLV

                Thurs Feb 20th – 7PM    Dweesil Zappa- BBLV

                Fri Feb 21st- 8PM          Delta Nove- Garage Ma Hall

                Sat Feb 22nd- 11AM       Music of Prince for kids- BBLV

                Tue Feb 25th-8PM         MarchFourth- Top Golf 

                Fri Feb 28th- 8PM          Dave Matthews Band- Chelsea

                Fri March 6th- 8PM         G. Love & Special Sauce- Top Golf

                Thurs-Sat March 19-21 WEEN- BBLV

                Wed March 25th- 7PM    Galactic- BBLV

                Sat April 4th- 6:30PM     Wilco- BBLV

                Sat April 4th 8PM           Spafford- Bunkhouse

                Fri-Sat April 10-12th       Garage Ma Hall Takeover


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software