November 2020 LVJBS Meeting Minutes
Date: November 10, 2020 (second Tuesday, due to Election Day Tuesday)
Meeting Start: 7:18PM
Location: Virtual via Zoom
Attendees: Johnnie T., Jenny M., Paige T., Jessica G., Tiffany B., Adam P., Ian Z., Greg S., Daniel R., Jay M., Doug S.
Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie)
· A. Sending hugs to the Bichsel family.
· B. Our Secretary is unavailable tonight. Jessica is covering the Secretary’s minutes for tonight.
· C. The discussed ‘gathering in the park’ didn’t come together & due to the weather getting colder, we may ‘table’ this until the Spring. More info TBD.
· D. We discussed a ‘small, 20 person’ movie theater gathering to view a movie of our choice, but with the recent Covid Governor ‘caution’, may arrange something for December’s end, prior to Xmas. More info TBD.
· E. NOMINATIONS for 2021 LVJBS Officers will be being accepted (via a sent GoogleForm Link OR by replying to the LVJBS email) through Nov. 20th. Nominees can accept/deny their Nomination through Nov.25th. VOTING will take place from 11/25 through 12/5.
· F. The DECEMBER MEMBERS’ MEETING will take place on Tuesday, 12/8, instead of the ‘first Tuesday, 12/1’, so ballots/email results can be tallied.
· G. Will be sending an LVJBS email with the information and/or links to the ‘possible’ upcoming Park Event (Tiffany), the Annual Pet Drive (Jenny), and the 2021 Officer Nominations (Megan).
Item 2: Vice President’s Report (Jenny)
Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)
· A. While researching grants for personal job, came across the “PETS Grant Program” & applied for a $20K grant:
The Pandemic Emergency Technical Support (PETS) Grant Program makes $20 million in Corona-virus Relief Funds available to provide operational support to small businesses, non-profits organizations, arts and culture organizations, and local Chamber of Commerce impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Payments will be made directly to applicants for selected eligible expenses they would like to cover with requested funding. Award of Funds Businesses and non-profits can receive up to $10,000 for any eligible expenses; Chambers of Commerce: • serving less than 10 businesses can receive up to $10,000; • serving more than 10 businesses can receive up to $20,000; Arts and Culture organizations can receive up to $20,000. Eligibility Eligible applicants are those businesses with less than 50 employees with gross annual revenues less than $4 million, non-profits, Chambers of Commerce and arts and culture organizations located in Nevada with an active business license prior to March 1, 2020 that experienced and can demonstrate financial hardship due to COVID-19.
Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Megan: absent)
Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Tiffany)
Item 6: Open Floor
· A. (Jenny) One of our local supporters, Mia Quinn, works at ‘The SportingLife Bar’ (Robindale & Jones) which, 2x/month, gives complimentary drinks to those who deliver ‘pet supplies’ to their ‘Pet Drive’ and has collaborated with our mission in the past.
· B. (Jessica) Thanks to those who helped with our ‘Fall Adopt-A-Highway’ event last month, at Lake Mead (Jessica, Johnnie, Paige, Kathy, & RJ). Our LVJBS sign was again vandalized (tagged) and will be reported to the Adopt-A-Highway’ organizers for future repair.
· C. (Johnnie) Thanks to Paige for making up some ‘Winner SwagBags’ for the LVJBS Golf Outing. The winning team was Fred G.’s group & a celebration was had afterwards at the ‘Crown & Anchor’ bar.
· D. (Johnnie) Will look into the ‘LV National Golf Course’s’ program of $5 of each Tee-time, making its way back to a local non-profit.
· E. (Tiffany) Thoughts of a future 5k walk that the LVJBS finds sponsors for and then, walks together to raise funds.
· F. (Dan R.) Our LVJBS.org domain is up for renewal. It is currently a 1, 3, or 5 year commitment at $20.99/year. Dan to take care of the 5 year renewal at $104.95 and submit reimbursement to Treasurer Paige.
· G. (Jay M.) On November 28th @ 3pm, the SAWTOOTH VIRTUAL GATHERING (from Idaho) will have a ‘Virtual Live Music Event’ via Facebook, as a benefit for the ‘Sawtooth Valley Rural Fire Dept.’(featuring Fruition, ShookTwins, & more!) LVJBS to share the ‘Stream’.
· H. (Jessica) Will Follow-up on the ‘Custom Guitar Pick Keychains’ order for 2021 Membership.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 8th via Zoom
Meeting adjourned: 7:55 PM
October 2020 Minutes
Date:October 6, 2020
Location:Jackson’s Bar and Grill and Zoom: 6020 W Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89103
Attendees:Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Megan Bichsel, Jessica Grant, Ellen Skiba
via zoom: Jenny Minucci, Tiffany Belcher, Greg Serensits, RJ Fuqua, Ericka Ziegelmaier, Dan Rugotski
Item I: Meeting called to order at: 7:00pm
Item II:Presidents Report:
We would like to remind people attending live events to maintain protocols in place. Wearing masks and social distancing is important for these events to continue.
We want to consider having a BBQ in the park and getting everyone together in an outside setting.
Item III: Vice Presidents Report:
Look into camping sites: Valley of Fire vs red rock group camping site
Bootleggers possible venue for events in the future- Windmill and LV Blvd
Continue exploring new venues
Consider sending a survey that will see what type of events members are interested in attending:
Wild apricot vs facebook survey vs google form?
Considerations to be made on how large we want the event to be and the audience we want to reach with the survey.
BBQ in the park
Sat Oct 24th afternoon party in the park
Parks with other amenities- like disc golf might be nice
Park across from Rocky’s
Desert Bloom Park- 8405 S Maryland Pkwy- confirmed first come, first serve
Plan is to arrive early on October 24th and claim a gazebo
Valley of Fire group camping spot
Jenny checked availability but booked through the rest of the year.
Maybe something to consider earlier in the year for next year.
Item IV: Treasurer's Report:
Cinemark movie theater has a “rent your own theater” for $99 and bring your own blu ray. This would be for 20 people.
Discuss options to bring your kids to a kid friendly movie.
The Cinemark theaters is hosting this event, this includes The Orleans and Southpoint.
LVJBS sponsored vs ticketed event, we can decide how much we want to sponsor.
We discussed that we could send a survey to see what membership is interested in seeing.
Bank balance currently: $8,718.35, $1,837.53
This Saturday, October 10th is our golf outing. So far we have collected $200. More discussed in Open Floor.
Don’t forget to sign up on Amazon Smile and for Smith’s giveback program.
Item V: Secretary’s Report:
Hi to everyone.
Item VI:Mayor’s report:
Color: Orange- Going into fall and happy to be outside. Excited to be outside for safety.
Want to encourage more outside friends and family events. Especially now that is cooling down.
Can't wait to see you at the park.
Item VII:Committee Updates:
Volunteer coordinator- Jessica Grant
Highway cleanup- Saturday October 24th- looking for volunteers 8AM
Clean up takes about an hour.
Jess will send out a post and invite.
Item IV: Open Floor
Guitar Picks- moving forward with ideas and design.
Plan is for this to be your membership gift when you sign up.
Plan to use the 2020 logo and the lvjbs.org on the back.
Golf Tournament This Saturday October 10th
We have tee times and prices for the LVJBS Golf Outing on 10/10/2020, Saturday for up to 4 foursomes. 1. Desert Pines Golf Course Tee Time 10:40am $66.00 per player includes lunch. 2. The National Golf Course Tee Time 12:00pm $50 per player no lunch.
Golf should be approximately from 12-4:30PM.
Golf after party- Crown and Anchor patio- 4:20PM
Paige and Jess will be at the Crown and Anchor at 4:20 PM
Crown and Anchor- 1350 E Tropicana.
Discussion around term limits
New leadership every 1-2 years, consider putting limits in place.
Elections according to the bylaws are yearly.
Officers meeting to review bylaws and consider changes.
Ericka- Presents an idea that is moving forward for putting together a documentary about the LVJBS by Rob Schuder.
Ericka will be collecting all of the pictures, videos, stories, the good bad and ugly of the LVJBS.
Gritty dirt, difficult conversations, love stories and everything that tell the story of the LVJBS.
Send all pictures, videos and stories to Ericka: firstname.lastname@example.org
Option to have another virtual golf outing
There is very little to do on our part, anyone can joint virtually on a specified day.
The money will be donated to the LVJBS.
6. Thank you to Amanda for donating a violin to the organization.
Violin will be donated to Miss Grant’s orchestra.
7. Election Day is next month.
We discussed moving the meeting to the following Tuesday.
Get Out and Vote!
Next LVJBS meeting: Tuesday, November 10th 2020: Jacksons and Zoom
Meeting adjourned at: 7:58 pm
Important Upcoming Dates:
October 10th- Golf Tournament- Desert Pines Golf Course- Noon
October 31st- Halloween on the HillTop- Apple Valley - Cubensis campout weekend
November 3rd- Rock the Vote!
September 2020 LVJBS Meeting Minutes
Date: September 1, 2020
Meeting Start: 7:03PM
Attendees: Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Jessica Grant, Ian Zeitzer
Item 2: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)
Item 3: Secretary’s Report (Megan: absent)
Item 4: Mayor’s Report (Tiffany: absent)
A. Color- Golden Knights!
Item 5: Production Report (Greg: absent)
Jessica to continue the exploration of this and start an LVJBS Team post, for the group to add their thoughts/logos/decision of the artwork, to proceed with the order.
Jessica to create an LVJBS post about ‘Closet Clean-Outs’ to help advertise our Instrument search!
Jessica to contact the ‘American Red Cross’ to see how to proceed with a group sponsored event.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 6th. Discussion of having it at random locations (i.e. Jacksons Bar, Rocky’s Bar, & also, virtually, via Zoom.)
Meeting adjourned: 7:15 PM
August 2020 LVJBS meeting minutes
Date: Aug 4th, 2020
Location: Virtual via zoom
Attendees: Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Jessica Grant, Megan Bichsel, Adam Pieken, Dan Rugotzke, Greg Serensits
Item 1: Presidents Report
A. Condolences go out to Jenny Minucci and her family for the passing of her father, we send all of our love and prayers.
B. Johnnie is posting live stream shows on the LVJBS website, for example Catfish John this past weekend. Any shows that you think should be shared on the website, please forward them to Johnnie.
Resources that post live streams:
C. Guitar Picks continue to be explored as a membership gift and for use as promotional merchandise. Approximately $600 total with a 500 minimum order and 8 cents to print on both sides. Also, discussed adding keychain to be a more durable construct, as it comes with small "ball chain". We will further explore artwork for design.
Item 2: Treasurer Report
A. Increase in membership from 5-7 families
B. Received a beautiful thank you from Three Square regarding our quarantunes donation. LVJBS was able to provide 874 meals to people in need within our community.
C. LVJBS Account: $8,476; Scholarship Account: $1,837.50
Item 3: Secretary Report
A. Will create new scholarship application form for upcoming year, target group being music teachers or students that could utilize funds in current environment.
Item 4: Mayor report
A. Color- Glow with the Flow
Item 5: Production Report
A. No word about drive in movie at Artiface, Greg will follow up and keep us in the loop if there is plan moving forward.
A. Adam has been working with production at The Space with Mark Shunock and this could be a possible venue space for live stream events. When bars open in the future, we could even host events here with an added livestream option. Adam will look into production cost.
B. Mess Arounds at the Sand Dollar Aug 15th
C. Tecopa postponed to 2021
Meeting adjourned at 7:46PM
June 2020 Minutes
Date: June 2, 2020
Time: 7 pm
Location: Virtual Zoom Meeting
Attendees: Megan Bichsel, Ian Zeitzer, Jessica Grant, Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Tiffany Belcher, Jenny Minucci, Adam Peiken, Greg Serensits
Item I: Meeting called to order at: 7pm
Item II: Presidents Report:
A. Moment of Silence for those who have died in recent current events.
B. Thanks to Adam for setting up our youtube channel.
C. Watch party monies raised: after some research PPE needs have been filled at this time. We decided to give donations to Three Square to help meet our community food insecurity needs.
Item III: Treasurers Report:
Item IV: Vice President’s Report:
Item V: Mayor’s report:
A. Color: Black Lives Matter
Item VI: Production Report:
Item VII: Open Floor
Meeting adjourned at: 8:10pm
Next Meeting: Zoom vs meeting at a bar location- will continue to discuss possible location options.
March 2020 Minutes
Date: March 3, 2020
Location: Jackson’s Bar- Flamingo and Jones 6020 W Flamingo 89103 (Teah’s Bar!)
Attendees: Megan Bichsel, Ian Zeitzer, Jessica Grant, Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Dan Rugotzke, Ellen Skiba, Tiffany Belcher, Fred Guzat, Kathy Guzat, David Shapiro and Audrey Kennedy
1. Relix Table for Ween- registration is open
a. If you volunteer- you get a ticket for that night
b. Two bowling tournaments- Friday and Saturday
c. There will be a wait list for all Relix table shifts
d. If you volunteer for a bowling shift you get a ticket for that night
2. Lottery’s approaching-
b. Ween show lottery
c. Galactic show lottery
Item IV: Secretary’s Report:
Item VI: Mayor’s report:
Item VII: Production Report:
Item VIII: Committee Updates:
Item IV: Open Floor
Meeting adjourned at: 7:53pm
February 2020 Minutes
Date: February 4, 2020
Location: The Bichsel’s house
Attendees: Megan Bichsel, David Bichsel, Richard Stewart, Matt Alexander, Jimmy Cressy, Basia Yakaitis, Steve Yakaitis, Jessica Grant, Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Dan Rugotzke, Greg Serensits, Ellen Skiba, Tiffany Belcher
Item I: Meeting called to order at: 7:15pm
1. Interest in exploring member t-shirts
2. Harrison Ezratty- Marketing Manager at Relix- Interested in having a Relix table at the Ween show. Any other minimum or 2 night runs we can set up a table for volunteers to run.
Item III: Vice Presidents Report:
1. Develop member surveys and get feedback from our members. For example: bands people would like to see, venues they prefer to see shows, suggestions for meeting locations, suggestions from members in general about how to add value to being a member.
Item IV: Treasurers Report:
Item V: Secretary’s Report:
Important Upcoming Dates:
Next LVJBS meeting: Tue February 4th 7:00pm- 3220 Mason Ave, LV, NV 89102
Sat Jan 11th- 9:30PM Catfish John and The Alligators- Sand Dollar Lounge
Fri Jan 17th- 8PM The Wailers- Top Golf
Sat Jan 18th- 12PM Bluegrass Jam- Lovelady Brewing
Sun Jan 19th- 10PM Dan Fester- Sand Dollar Lounge
Sun Jan 19th- 8PM The Black Keys- Chelsea
Sat Jan 25th 11AM Music of David Bowie for kids- BBLV
Thurs Jan 30th- 10PM Chris Tofield- Sand Dollar Lounge
Sat Feb 1st- 10PM FLUX with Debbie Stewart- Sand Dollar Lounge
Sat Feb 1st- 8PM Unwieldies and Pitchfork- Gold Mine Tavern
Tue Feb 18th- 7PM Steel Pulse- BBLV
Thurs Feb 20th – 7PM Dweesil Zappa- BBLV
Fri Feb 21st- 8PM Delta Nove- Garage Ma Hall
Sat Feb 22nd- 11AM Music of Prince for kids- BBLV
Tue Feb 25th-8PM MarchFourth- Top Golf
Fri Feb 28th- 8PM Dave Matthews Band- Chelsea
Fri March 6th- 8PM G. Love & Special Sauce- Top Golf
Thurs-Sat March 19-21 WEEN- BBLV
Wed March 25th- 7PM Galactic- BBLV
Sat April 4th- 6:30PM Wilco- BBLV
Sat April 4th 8PM Spafford- Bunkhouse
Fri-Sat April 10-12th Garage Ma Hall Takeover
January 2020 Minutes
Date: January 7, 2020
Time: 7:30 pm
Location: Cheeba Hut- 4550 S Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Attendees: Johnnie Tolson, Jenny Minucci, Paige Tolson, Megan Bichsel, Jessica Grant, Ian Zeitzer, Kathy Guzat, Frad Guzat, Tiffany Belcher, Ellen Skiba
Item I: Meeting called to order at: 7:30pm
Happy New Year!
1. Welcome to all new officers- Look forward to the new year, with new ideas and concepts. Website has been updated with new officer’s contact information and new administers appointed on website.
2. Will follow Roberts Rule and keep side conversations to a minimum.
3. Yearly Music Events (quarterly)- Lets bring the music.
4. Motion to appoint Greg- Production and Entertainment Coordinator, passed. We will follow up to see if he accepts.
5. Press Releases- We will send events sent to TV and radio for press releases. Hoping to join the air to promote our events.
6. Term Limits- Looking to explore the options of term limits. Goal to will keep things fresh and forward moving, 2-4 years for all positions except treasurer which should have a longer term limit. We are starting a discussion and open to suggestions. We are not a rush to push through the bylaws, rather begin a focus on succession planning.
7. Business Cards- New format presented at meeting. Fiverr is another source of freelance graphic designers; we are currently exploring new logo/ business card design. Jenny suggested a more minimalistic modern design.
8. Everyone who has a meeting discount from last year has been updated in the wild apricot system. Pay your dues! Even if you weren’t a member last year your account is credited with a discount for this year. Hooray!
9. Vegas Inc Business List- Magazine that includes all information about businesses in the Valley, may be a great resource for donations. Available for all members.
1. Celebrate successes- Christmas Party was fun for all! Glitter Fairy success! Scottie and Casey with Vegas Prop House donated all decorations for party. Please leave them an amazing review on Google Reviews. Talk about the Mushroom props and they offer a variety of props for parties going forward.
2. Concerns were expressed about voting not being secret. Suggest looking into private ballot for next year.
3. Need someone to take over Instagram. Instagram can be linked to Facebook, all posts on Instagram can be shared on both platforms. Post must be initiated from Instagram.
4. Would like a group platform for member communications. Private Facebook group for members only for communication.
5. Social media concerns- Collective consciousness about getting everyone involved. Encourage engagement from all members.
6. Venues- Megan started folder in new LVJBS google drive to start doing research for ongoing database.
7. Camping and day trips- Let work on this too.
1. Budget check in- we have assets.
2. Pay your dues- discounts end March 31st.
3. Membership card- New cards not needed. Research stickers to add to current card for updated members. We discussed not ordering new cards for new members.
4. State of Nevada annual list will be updated with the new officers.
5. Discussed renewing PO BOX- consider changing to the Bichsel’s new address.
6. There is an interest in every paid member get a yearly tie dye logo shirt. 50/50 blend material requested. We will explore cost and options.
7. Different ways to pay bands in 2020- Zelle vs Venmo. Will ask bands if they accept other forms of payment when booking bands.
8. $51 raised form Christmas party raffle.
9. Johnnie will make FB video/ go live for membership to pay dues.
1. Looking for clearly defined positions with roles and expectations- could be sent out at election time. We discussed also allowing room to make the position your own.
a. Facebook monthly meeting reminder- Jessica Grant will continue to send out.
b. Johnnie will send out wild apricot monthly meeting reminder.
2. Agenda and minutes plan- seeking approval for new process.
a. Board Agenda additions 2 weeks prior to meeting.
b. Agenda to be sent to membership 1 week prior to membership
3. Meeting time change vote- Change to 7pm. Vote was passed.
4. Google Drive- Started for digital filing and reference. Available for all interested.
5. Venue database started in google drive- We are encouraging all add contacts and info. We can also add details about the venue, like costs and limitations and best person to contact.
6. Yearly Donor Thank You Letters- that can be used for tax purposes. Send to all members and donors from the year.
7. Add Takeover committee- I nominate Dave to be the Takeover Committee head. Passed.
8. Website Research- We are looking into a new website platform before April when Wild Apricot needs to be renewed.
a. Vistaprint – They Design for free then $35.00 per month to host ($420 per year)
b. Wildapricot – Design is outsourced.
c. NeONBRAND – Providing a proposal for what they can do to enhance our website presence. Local Las Vegas business.
d. Wix.com – Free website design templates that can be used with existing host
e. Squarespace- currently used to host Tecopa Takeover's webpage.
f. WildApricot is up in April- look for options before then.
Item VI: Mayor’s report: Rainbow slice- new year, so many possibilities.
1. Bring more community outreach to our community- highway cleanup, scholarship for musicians, explore going into the nursing homes and bring music. AIDS walk type happenings.
2. Discussed exploring options to get people to sign up for Amazon smile and Smiths Rewards.
a. Screenshot that you signed up and you get a raffle entry after your first purchase and you will be entered into a raffle for a prize. Promote use and sign ups.
1. Delta Nove- seeking 2/21- Garage ma Hall Confirmed. 8PM show- Please promote and support this LVJBS event.
2. David Gans- seeking 2/18- Conflicts with Steel Pulse, group declines at this time.
3. Moonalice: THC Revue: Featuring Lester & Dylan Chambers & the T-sisters) Seeking: 4/29 – 5/2
a. This band features former members of Jefferson Starship, Jerry Garcia Band, Hot Tuna, Phil Lesh & Friends, David Nelson Band, John Fogerty, Rod Stewart
b. We would like to further explore booking this band. Find out how much they want and explore venue options.
4. Grateful Bluegrass Boys- seeking 3/22- from Santa Cruz/ Sonoma- members from Hot Buttered Rum
a. booked at Winston’s (in San Diego) 3/21, Possibly house party at Basia’s- not confirmed. Group agrees that early poolside show would work. This is a Sunday following a long Ween weekend. Sunday day show would be best option.
1. Fund Development- We are looking for a committee head.
2. PR/ Marketing- Looking for a committee head.
a. We will put it out to membership that we are looking for help for both committees.
3. Archive- Fred Gutzat
4. Takeover committee- David Bichsel
5. Volunteer coordinator- Jessica Grant
Item IV: Open Floor
1. Saturday Jan 25th Chronic Classic- 15th Annual Poker Tournament
2. Charra Post donated guitar books and guitar for our scholarship. Dave will polish up and put new strings on, will be raffled off at the Garage Ma Hall.
3. Sunday January 12th Highway cleanup at Noon- afterparty Rusty Putter.
4. Savers donation- 20 cents per pound for soft item 10 cents for pound for hard items.
Kathy will explore a drop off day at Savers in the near future and a drop off day following the Garage Ma Hall.
Next LVJBS meeting: Tue February 4th 7:00pm- 3220 Mason Ave, LV, NV 89102, Megan and Dave’s
Meeting adjourned at: 9:03pm
Next LVJBS meeting: Tue February 4th 7:00pm- 3220 Mason Ave, LV, NV 89102
Las Vegas Jam Band Society
Members’ Meeting Minutes
December 3, 2019
Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill
Meeting Begins: 7:38 PM
In attendance: Greg, JT, Paige, Jessica, Ian, Dan, Kathy, Fred, Megan
President’s Report (Greg): “Let’s get this December meeting started!”
*Upcoming 2020 Officer Nominations have all been in. (There were 2 Offices needing a Vote: President/Secretary). Yet, the current Secretary (Jessica) does not want to risk her status of a “Tribal Member/Charter Member” due to how the LVJBS’s ‘Bi-laws’ are written: “Officer at least one year/Committee Chair for at least two years/NO loss of any held Election for Office”, she has removed herself from the 2020 Ballot, for the 2020’s Office of Secretary.
Megan Bichsel will be the Secretary for 2020.
Other 2020 Officers:
Vice President: Jennifer Minucci
Treasurer: Paige Tolson
Mayor: Tiffany Belcher
Paid (current/up-to-date) Members are able to place their vote for 2020 PRESIDENT, through December 11th and the elected President will be announced on December 15th.
Nominees: Current President GREG SERENSITS & current Vice President JOHNNIE TOLSON are the two Presidential candidates needing a vote.
*After seeing BLUE OYSTER CULT in Moapa, NV recently, there is another possible venue that could host a great event. (Stage area with a large grassy area for the audience). Discussion had of a Halloween event on Saturday, Oct. 31st, 2020. Our friends, SPAFFORD, are willing to help us celebrate this 20 year milestone, if date allows. More details TBD.
--Discussion held of our past anniversary shows and dates were reviewed: New Riders of the Purple Sage was our 2015, 15th Anniversary show, Grey Boy Allstars was our 200th show in 2013.
Vice President’s Report (JT):
*We have 65 current paid members (including the monthly, individual, & couple memberships)
--In order to VOTE for an Office, the Member must be a paid dues-DECEMBER member, for that year.
*Have been taking WILD APRICOT Webinars to help make the site more user-friendly, etc. Possible viewing changes TBD.
--Greg discussed Kevin Dold’s past website work for LVJBS and will inquire about future upgraded website assistance, as well.
Secretary’s Report (Jessica):
*Thanks to our Treasurer, Paige, for taking care of the November minutes, due to my prearranged absence.
*The next ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY Clean-up weekend will be in JANUARY. Thoughts: SATURDAY or SUNDAY, January 11th or 12th @ 9am. The preferred date will be confirmed at the January Members’ meeting.
We will gather for brunch afterwards at THE RUSTY PUTTER Lounge, where we get 25% off our tab with our Membership Cards.
*It’s been wonderful being a dedicated LVJBS Secretary for these many past years. Congrats to Megan for getting to take over the duties for 2020.
Treasurer’s Report (Paige):
*Dues are now ‘monthly’ payments. $10/month. The 2020 Annual memberships can now be paid for this upcoming year. An email will soon be sent with any earned meeting ‘credits’ for a discounted membership and ‘due’ dates.
*HOLIDAY PARTY monies will be ready for the performers’ payments.
Costs: Pitchfork $300, DJ $75, & the requested $175 for Ice, Propane, & Light projection.
Total of $550. Officers decided that $650 will be given to the hosts for payments and any miscellaneous needs. (Other Officers and Members have been graciously buying/donating goods/decorations for this event without needed reimbursements.)
* Don’t forget that attending monthly meetings can get you $5 credits for the next year’s dues. (up to $20max). Attendance is noted each month and an email is sent your way each December, letting you know the needed dues to keep current.
*Be sure to add your SMITH’S GROCERY card and your AMAZONSMILES account, to the ‘Jam Band Society of America’ non-profit help, to ensure a portion of your purchases comes back our way! Tell your friends/family! (We will look into posting an ‘easy’ ‘click here’ link for others to get started.)
Mayor’s report (Jenny M. absent via Ian):
Color: 8-Crazy Golden Knights
Fund Development Chair (Megan B.): The announcement of the awarded Scholarship monies will be done soon. More details and winners TBA.
Archive Committee Chair (Fred G.) says that the LVJBS archive is “still safe & secure” under piles of the Gutzat garage. D.A.T. (Digital Audio Track) are there as well.
PRODUCTION REPORT (Greg):
*Spoke with Michaelo Wargo (Manager Entertainment/Special Events/Fashion Show Retail) about their “Sports for Fashion” events, a kid-friendly event which allows groups to ‘tailgate’ various events/games, with 30% of the bar proceeds going to a charity of choice/non-profit of choice. More info TBD.
*’CASINO-CARES program, where a gambler’s winnings can have their ‘spare change’ or ‘coins/cents’ donated to a non-profit instead of ‘cashed out’ in their pocket. We will reach out to them to proceed. This is an excellent way for groups to earn ‘easy’ money.
*Discussion was held at a past meeting about a possible April 10-12, 2020 CUBENSIS event/Sausage Party Takeover, at Garage Mahal. More details TBD.
*A local musician, Travis, reached out to JT on our Facebook page, inquiring to play their music/possible future event: ONE TON PROJECT
*Discussion of a 20th Anniversary T-Shirt being made for the planned event.
*Brooklyn Bowl is allowing us advertising/ticket trades for the following upcoming shows:
Gregory Alan Isakov, Thievery Corporation, Marcus King Band, Dweezil Zappa, Donovan Frankenreiter, & Galactic. (Be sure to help share these events on your pages and invite your ‘friends’ to join. This helps with getting the info spread.
Question: What happens to donated Facebook ‘Donations to a Cause’ events? (i.e. JT’s recent ‘Birthday’ donations for LVJBS)
**Paige to inquire and see how/when the monies are “given back” to the donated non-profit of choice. More info TBA.
UPCOMING NON-LVJBS EVENTS
*Dec. 6 & 7: Intersect Festival (Beck & Foo Fighters headlining)
*Dec. 7: Catfish John @ The SandDollar LV
*Dec. 8: Gregory Alan Isakov @ BBLV
*Dec. 11: Modest Mouse @ BBLV
*Dec. 15: Thievery Corporation @ BBLV
*Dec. 21: The Beatles for Kids @ BBLV
*Dec. 27: Crystal Method @ TopGolf
*Dec. 31: Stick Figure @ BBLV
*Jan. 4: Jeff & the Orrganics @ Tatuado WildSide Tavern, Pahrump
*Jan. 8: Sublime w/ Rome @ TopGolf
*Jan. 17: Tool @ T*Mobile Arena
*Jan. 17: The Wailers @ Top Golf
*Jan. 30: The Marcus King Band @ BBLV
Next Meeting: Tuesday, January. 7th @ Cheba Hut (UNLV)
Meeting adjourned: 8:50PM