NOVEMBER 2022 LVJBS Meeting Minutes
Date: November 8, 2022
Meeting Start: 7:02 PM
Location: 595 Craft Kitchen/Frank’s Pizza
Attendees: Johnnie T., Paige T., Jessica G., Dan R., Jimmy C., Megan B., Bruce P., Ian Z.
Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie):
“Okay, let’s get this party started.”
- · Thanks to the Officers that are here tonight! Our VP & Mayor are unable to attend, but have checked in, getting any info our way.
- · 2023 Officer Nominations have been coming in (nominations due by 11/15). So far, there have been the following nominations:
PRESIDENT: Johnnie T. & Greg S. VICE PRESIDENT: Johnnie T. & Greg S. TREASURER: Paige T. SECRETARY: Jessica G.
MAYOR: Adam P., Shannon S., Star H., & Scott C.
- An email will be sent to the Nominees & they will have 48 hours to accept the nomination. Then, a GoogleForm will be sent out to Members for an anonymous vote to be completed prior to the Dec. 6th meeting.
- · LVJBS HOLIDAZE PARTY:
- Location: SADDLES N SPURS
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 10th (2PM-6PM) Music will start at 2:30 PM with Donzo’s Cozmos with various special guests throughout the afternoon.
- Cost: Free* for Members & Invitees (*donation link/tip jar)
- Menu: Turkey/Dressing, Calzone, Mac & Cheese, Baked Ziti w/ or w/out Meat, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Veggie Tray, and Cornbread.
- Raffle: $5 tickets for various music memorabilia
- Contest: Wear your best TieDye gear. Prize TBA.
- Gift Bag: The first 50 attendees will receive a Gift Bag with various music memorabilia from Howie Green’s collection.
- · Scott Conte’s donated beginner’s Electric guitar was autographed by Scott Rhiner (The Moanin’ Blacksnakes) and is readied to be a fundraiser for a local, Middle School Band.
Item 2: Vice President’s Report (Adam-absent):
Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)
- · A. We received the 3rd Quarter check from Smith’s Grocery Store ($27.42)
- Be sure to sign up your rewards card with ease!
B. Discussed the recent updates/research on the discussed ‘Las Vegas Jam Band Society Memorial Tree’ $500 to designate & plant our own ‘tree’ at a Las Vegas park of our choice. The tree will have a provided name plate/plaque & we will aim for a quarterly ‘Drum Circle’ at the tree to help maintain it, as needed:
Las Vegas Jam Band Society’s Memorial Tree
In Honor of our Family & Friends
- · C. JT’s part-time job (event security/ticket usher) has a ‘not-for profit’ opportunity to raise monies. We would need 10 people to volunteer at an upcoming event. The volunteers would work in pairs at a ‘validated parking’ event. (Volunteers would need to stand-guard at various areas and be present where needed.) Please contact Paige or an Officer for a release form & a background check will be made.
Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Jessica)
- · A. Thanks for getting the donated guitar readied for the school band’s fundraiser!
- · B. GRATEFUL DEAD ‘MEET-UP AT THE MOVIES’ was a fun event for the both day’s showings. There were many LVJBS representatives enjoying the tunes & the popcorn!
- Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Greg via text):
A. Color: Lunar Eclipse Blood Moon Orange
Item 6: Production Report (Greg via text):
· A. Shaky Feelin’ has made contact with the SandDollar LV for a Saturday, January 28th gig.
· B. CUBENSIS has confirmed the Legends Lounge/Grateful Family Reunion for Saturday, March 25th @ The Hideaway. We will confirm the offers/lodging soon. (Also, the Virtual Tip-Jar & Tip Jar at the event.) More details TBD.
- · JC mentioned the new restaurant-venue in the Arts District, Taverna Costera, which has a nice rooftop bar & event space: email@example.com
- · Ian Z. has a donated electric bass guitar to have us look at, repair, and u se for a future donation. Also, He sends his well-wishes our way & a farewell to the LVJBS since He is departing to his hometown of Philadelphia on Nov. 18th. Ian will be missed.
- · JC also mentioned checking out a Seattle band, CYTRUS.
- · Megan B. mentioned the PEF Scholarship Plus program which provides scholarships to students to pursue their college & career goals. https://thepef.org/scholarships-plus/
- · Jessica mentioned being sure to check out THE STORYTELLERS later in the month, for their last planned GILLEY’S Bluegrass & BBQ weekend event for a while: Friday & Saturday, Nov. 18th & 19th (5PM-8PM, no cover)
UPCOMING (LVJBS & non-LVJBS) EVENTS:
*Nov. 12th—AwolNation @ BBLV
*Nov. 18th & 19th—The StoryTellers @ Gilley’s BBQ
*Nov. 20th—Big Head Todd & The Monsters @ BBLV
*Nov. 26th—Grey Street (DMB Tribute band) @ Nellie’s MGM Grand
*Dec. 2nd—Elle King @ BBLV
*Dec. 3rd—The Lemonheads @ House of Blues
*Dec. 3rd , 4th , 7th , 9th , 10th --ZZ Top @ The Venetian Resort
*Dec. 15th- Allman Family Revival w/ Dumpstaphunk @ The Westgate
*Dec. 15th-17th –Social Distortion @ House of Blues
*Jan. 14th –George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic @ The Westgate
*Feb. 10th & 11th –The Black Crowes @ The Pearl
Meeting adjourned: 7:57 PM
Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 6th @ 7 PM
Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill