<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   Next >  Last >> 
  • December 05, 2017 7:30 PM | Jessica L Grant (Administrator)

    LAS VEGAS JAM BAND SOCIETY

    Members’ Meeting Minutes

    Tuesday, December 5, 2017

     

    Meeting Begins: 7:40PM @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill

     In attendance:   Johnnie, Paige, Jessica, Kathy, Dan, Jeffrey T., Michael A.

     Called to order (JT):  So…the meeting comes to order!

    President’s Report (Greg: absent):  (At the meeting….from the box: the TV overhead…GO KNIGHTS GO!)

    Vice President’s Report/Production Report (Johnnie): Had a call from Greg regarding the Production Report.  We discussed having KUNG FU in town, late January, the 27th.  Venue:  HideAway. The had concerns are the amount the band is requesting—add the $500 for the ‘opening band’ (either MOKSHA, GLASSES, or MEFASCOPES) and the $300 ‘gear’ rental fee.  This would require a $15-$20 cover charge to cover the amount.  The group feels there wouldn’t be enough ‘support’ for this show and it would be a ‘loss’.

    *The Chris Robinson Brotherhood show is Thursday, December 7th at the Brooklyn Bowl.  Our friends at the Brooklyn Bowl provided the LVJBS with 10 tickets, to ‘raffle’ off to our members.  There was also a bowling lane, offered to our group.  There were 15 ‘friends & family’ who registered for a chance to bowl. JT had asked if possibly TWO lanes could be held for us and the ‘Bowl approved this, with the agreement to purchase appetizers throughout the night. (The Officers decided to celebrate the Holidays, and each other, by providing these snacks during the show.)    *4 the Appetizers!*

    Treasurer’s Report (Paige): A link was added to last month’s meeting notes for the ‘instructions’ to utilizing the LVJBS ‘AmazonSmiles’ ordering process.  (Jessica to copy & paste that link for future monthly minutes reporting.  (See below)

    Gift cards for the Holiday party raffle-donations discussed:  $100 towards a 2018 Membership, $50 for the Brooklyn Bowl Gift Card, $25 (x2) to other businesses (TBD).

    Secretary’s Report (Jessica): Thanks to Paige & JT for getting the November meeting minutes posted, due to my absence.

    *JT to utilize the ‘box of found Holiday cards’ and send our ‘Friends and Family-of LVJBS’ a Holiday card on behalf of the LVJBS.  We will send to venues and those who have helped the LVJBS throughout the year.  (Thanks, JT!)  J

    *ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY clean-up was decided to be held on SUNDAY, JANUARY 7th @ 10am.  Details and a Facebook invite to be created soon!  Mark those calendars! J 

    Mayor’s Report (Sub:  Michael Andrieu): 

    COLOR:  Mauve

    ----------------------------------------------------------

    2018 Nominations & Voting for Officers/Committee Heads

    (There were a few positions with double nominees.  Due to the nominees not wanting to ‘run against’ another member/losing the ‘Board of Directors’ status, the Officer positions will remain the same.

    Elected 2018 OfficersPresident=Greg Serentsis,  Vice President= Johnnie Tolson, Secretary:  Jessica Gant, Treasurer:  Paige Tolson, Mayor= Eric Fromhold

    -----------------------------------------------------------COMMITTEE REPORTS:

    *Membership Committee (JT):  A new 2018 (single) Membership was purchased today.   Be sure to get your 2018 dues in.  (List of those who attend the LVJBS meetings was created and those attendees can get $5 credit (up to $20) towards the next year’s tax-deductible dues.)  Contact JT for your discount information.    

    OPEN FLOOR:    

    *Register at Smile.Amazon.com  –
    Shop for everyone on your gift list this holiday at
    http://smile.amazon.com/ch/43-1987776 and Amazon donates to Jamband Society Of America. #YouShopAmazonDonates

    LVJBS Holiday Party, FRIDAY, DEC. 15th @ The HideAway:

    *3369 Thom Blvd. in Las Vegas, NV 89130.  SuperStar Bingo at 9pm and Moksha should play until 1am.

    *Bring cash for Raffle Tickets. They will be $2 each, $5 for 3, and $10 for 7.  Kathy has the Raffle Tickets, the collection buckets, posters.  Paige to make the signs for the prizes.

    *Check out the Facebook event for more details! 

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    *A personalized card was ordered (thank, Paige!) for Keith A. to help send him some ‘healing vibes’ from his LVJBS family.  Card sent around to be signed by those in attendance.

    *Keith A.’s ‘ONE LOVE’ Fundraiser was discussed.  The discussion (led by JFree) was to delay the event a bit so Keith can feel his best and attend when ready.  Discussion for fundraising and collaborating was had with those who support our friend during this rough time.  We will get together with the 3 bands that Keith is currently a part of.

    Friends & Family Event Holiday Party (adults only), Friday, December 15th @ the HideAway.

    Next Meeting:  Tuesday, January 9th (SECOND Tuesday, due to the New Year.)

    Meeting Adjourned: 9:00PM

  • November 22, 2017 7:36 AM | John Tolson (Administrator)

    Las Vegas Jam Band Society meeting

     

    Date: November 14th 2017            Time: 7:52pm

    Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill 8540 S Maryland Pkwy LV 89123

    President’s Report – Greg Serentsis:

                    Nominations for 2018 – the email is out, send in your choices for next year’s LVJBS Officers. November 25th is the deadline to nominate anyone for any position. Please send an email to besoljess@aol.com  if you did not receive the email and want to cast your vote. Only paid members can nominate & vote for next year’s Officers.  December 1st is the deadline for the nominees to accept or deny the nomination. There will be an email going out to cast your vote prior to the December 5th meeting. December 5th at the meeting – anyone that hasn’t voted online will get a chance to cast their vote and final notification of 2018 Officers will be announced.

                    Tecopa Takeover 5 – Was a musical success! Great fun bands and all had a blast! Looked to be about 300 or so people – we will await any numbers that the Takeover Team shares with us.

    2018 bookings seem to be coming in. Details to be gone over in the Production Report

                    Holiday Party 2017 – Hideaway has offered up some dates that we need to run by the band we are looking to book. I will be getting with both to coordinate what works for both (Band TBA)

                    Hard Rock Live (on the Strip) wants to do more with us.  We will be looking into that as the new year approaches.

    Vice President’s Report – Johnnie Tolson:

                    Email for 2018 nominations went out – see above for deadlines and details. A follow up email will go out around Dec 2nd to start getting votes in.

                    Calendars for 2018 – We will not be doing calendars for 2018 – we give away too many to make any money on them and the desire is not there from the members. We will look into it for 2019.

    Treasurer’s Report – Paige Tolson:

                    Attendance list for 2017 meeting attendees will be complete for December’s meeting and we will let you know if you get a discount for next year’s Membership Fees.

                    Smith’s donation was $4.63 for 3rd quarter 2017. Register your Smith’s number and get more than great discounts, you also donate to LVJBS all throughout the year. To sign up go to SmithsCommunityRewards.com – sign in or create an account – scroll to the bottom under Community click on - Smith’s Inspiring Donations” – Find and select your organization and click “Save” – Non Profit Organization #79348.

                    To Register at Smile.Amazon.com  –
    Shop for everyone on your gift list this holiday at
    http://smile.amazon.com/ch/43-1987776 and Amazon donates to Jamband Society Of America. #YouShopAmazonDonates

    Secretary’s Report – Jessica Grant:

                    Adopt a Highway for the 4th quarter – Date options will be sent out via email and Facebook. The time will be a little later due to the cooler temperatures. Come on out, it is always a good time for a good cause!

     

    Stand in Mayor’s Report – Dan Rugotzke:

                    Color O’ the Month – Healing Orange for our Brother Keith Alcantara

    Fund Raising – Kathy Gutzat via text:

                    Fund Raising ideas for the Holiday Party

    Production Report – Greg Serentsis:

                    Sat Jan 27th - Kung Fu looking for support from the LVJBS – venue ideas – Hideaway/Hard Rock Live??

                    Sat Feb 17/Sun Feb 18 –The Routine – Venue suggestions??

                    Thurs Jan 25th/Fri Jan 26th John Kadlecik Band looking for dates/venue

                    Sat Feb 17/Sun Feb 18/Mon Feb 19 – Dusty Green Bones – bluegrass – looking for a venue

    Open Floor:

                    Jammin’ on Main – When is the Grand Opening – looked it up, possibly in Dec – look for upcoming information regarding the opening on their website.

                    Phriends & Phamily – Volunteers for ideas or organizing. An idea came up for a day at the Mountain – Mt. Charleston, of course.  Anyone wanting to help organize or if you have another ideas please send an email to besoljess@aol.com.

     

    Meeting adjourned: 8:22 pm

  • October 03, 2017 7:30 PM | Jessica L Grant (Administrator)

    Las Vegas Jam Band Society

    Memebers’ Meeting Minutes

    October 3, 2017

    Location:  Rocky’s Bar & Grill

    Meeting Begins:  7:48PM

     

    President’s Report (Greg):

    “Wear a cup or you literally take your future children’s life in your…..” 

     *BenJammin’ contacted us regarding having the LVJBS being a part of the new Jammin’OnMain store.  There will be a DECEMBER ‘First Friday’ event on December 1st.  There will be a ‘free’ Friday event/fashion show and a possible ‘George Porter Jr. & Papa Mali’ event, the next evening.  (Thoughts:  Hard Rock Live and possibly a smaller event with bands such as ‘Shakey Feelin’ or Catfish John, etc.) 

    --During this/these event(s), bringing back a 50/50 raffle to benefit a Hurricane affected area or the Las Vegas tragedy.  Thoughts were to do a ‘Craigslist ad’ asking for possible donations to go to a certain location/group by having them “Tell their story and we will randomly generate which to give to.

     

    *2018 Officer Nominations & Elections are coming up!  JT to send an email out, reminding members to NOMINATE Officers vias email, by the November 14th meeting, so the ‘accepting of the nominations’ can be done at the meeting and the ELECTIONS would be held the following LVJBS meeting, Tuesday, Dec. 5th.  More info TBA.

     

    Vice President’s Report (JT):

    *TECOPA TAKEOVER is coming up.  Shall we participate with an LVJBS table (We still have SoundTest & 15th anniversary T-shirts.)  Group decided to set up a table/vending booth to display our name, have goods for sale, etc. 

     

    *Meeting attendance (annual membership cost-discounts) will be provided soon (by Paige) to help the 2018 Membership costs be known to those who attend the monthly meetings.

     

    Secretary’s Report (Jessica): 

    *Our next ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY roadside clean-up will now be on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 15th, to help out our Lake Mead’s roadside, when the weather cools down!  9am….Please mark those calendars to help out an hour or two.  It’s a feel-good project!  J

    Treasurer’s Report (Paige):

    *Received some ‘give backs’ from our ‘store-purchase’ cards:  Amazon gave back $6.66 and had some return from Smith’s groceries, as well.

    *We will have the table, money box, and raffle tickets at Tecopa.

     

    Mayor’s report (Eric F. stepping in):

    Color:    WILDFLOWER SCARLET  (Love for Tom Petty & UNLV)

     

    PRODUCTION REPORT (Greg):

    *Received an email with the subject “Trippy Hippie Classic Rock” from a SoCal “premiere” Classic-rock coverband, ACOUSTIC GENERATIONS who are interested in playing our city. 

     

    *POLYRYTHMICS are still interested in the Nov. 30- Dec. 2 time frame.  (We will connect them with BenJammin’ & JamminOn Main store for a possible trio-band show with George Porter Jr. & Papa Mali.  (More info TBD.)

     

    *THE HIDEAWAY has asked if the LVJBS wanted to do our HOLIDAY PARTY at their site.  We want to ensure there is some type of ‘collection’ to help with fees.  Last year’s ‘pass the hat’ thought didn’t happen when ‘no one wanted to take the reigns’ during the party.  This year, we are hoping to come up with something to raffle which will draw attention/gain cash.  (Paige to look into her work’s offers and Jessica to inquire with the Brooklyn Bowl for some type of package—shows/food, etc. –If you know of any donations to help with the raffle-excitement, please let us know!)

    MARK YOUR CALENDARS for the HOLIDAY PARTY date:  SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9th.

    COMMITTEE REPORTS:

    *(Kathy) Fundraising Committee needs some “Fa-La-La-La-La” and hoping upcoming Tecopa raffles can help with this.  Ideas?  Please contact Kathy G. or any Officer.

     

    OPEN FLOOR:

    *September’s ‘Friends & Family’ Event was the GREENSKY BLUEGRASS, Friday, Sept. 15th show at the HENDERSON PAVILION.   It was a great event.  (Thanks to Kathy & Paige for helping our group to enjoy it altogether!)        

    *(Kathy) THE ALLTOGETHERS  will be doing a benefit for the Vegas Tragedy at the HUNTRIDGE BAR on Saturday, October 7th.   

    *(Dan) The LVJBS.org and LVJBS.com email domains are up for renewal.  Dan to purchase another year and be reimbursed for the fee.

    *(Shelly H.) ‘Paint-your-Parasol’ art-activity for ‘Tecopa kids’ to work on at the event are purchased.  She has kindly purchased a 24 pack to have an activity for interested families to partake in.  J           

    *(Lisa M. text via Shelly H.)  Lisa wanted to know, as a paid LVJBS member, WHY the LVJBS isn’t doing the TURQUAZ show (…which is this weekend, October 6th at TOP GOLF) and wonders “what is up with ‘late night’ WSP nights?   (Max Adler promoted the Turquaz show with Top Golf.)  We are looking into having something for the Saturday evening, late night, possibly at the Hard Rock Live since it is in-between the Brooklyn Bowl where the ‘Trey Anastasio Band’ show will be and The Park Theater, where ‘WSP’ will be.  More details TBD.

    *(Kathy) Another meeting location option has been offered:  MULLIGANS Bar & Grill, on Boulder Hwy and Russell Rd., has offered their location/meeting area, when interested.  (The group is thankful for their offer, yet, when we have meetings on the ‘Southeast’ side of town, we’d rather give the business to our fellow musicians/LVJBS supporters, at Rocky’s Bar & Grill.)       

    *(Eric Frommhold)  The band PITCHFORK will be playing the Tecopa TakeOver and again, the following weekend, (November 18th) for the ‘Mojave County Music Harvest’ event near Kingman, AZ.  It’s a 3 day event, Nov. 17-19, for $20.  (Icicle Tricycle will be playing that weekend, as well.)                                                                                                                            

     

    Next Meeting:  Tuesday, November 14th for Officers/Committee-heads (NOTE:  This is the second Tuesday due to a ‘Blues Traveler’ event that evening, which many might attend.)

     

     

    Meeting adjourned:  8:56PM

  • August 02, 2017 7:30 PM | Jessica L Grant (Administrator)

    Las Vegas Jam Band Society

    Memebers’ Meeting Minutes

    August 2, 2017

     

     

    Location:  Aces & Ales Tenaya

    Meeting Begins:  7:56PM

     

    President’s Report (Greg):

    “Quick meeting, ‘cuz I don’t have much!”

     

    *The DIRK QUINN BAND has once again contacted us.  Due to not much attendance at unknown band’s shows recently, we have to hold-off on any booking.

     

    *The POLYRYTHMICS (from Seattle) are interested in Nov. 30-Dec. 2 window.  We will have to see how the Fall shows go before any booking Winter shows.

     

    Vice President’s Report (JT):

    *There are a few upcoming Brooklyn Bowl shows that might be of interest to our members.  We will contact them, inquiring if more advertising help is needed for Friday, August 4th’s THIEVERY COOPERATION.

     

    *Be sure to support our local friends/members’ band, PART TIME CRIMINALS on Monday, August 7th, 8pm-10pm @ Aces & Ales,

    CATFISH JOHN & Grateful Shred will play Brooklyn Bowl on Sunday, Aug. 6th.....

    Also, check out PITCHFORK (Aces & Ales)  Sunday, August 13, 

    which will be a mid-day brunch.

     

    Secretary’s Report (Jessica): 

    *Thanks to Paige and JT for helping cover the July meetings’ minutes and their posting while I was venturing ‘round the world.

     

    Treasurer’s Report (Paige):

    *Email from Smith’s Grocery about our quarterly ‘values card’ give back.  A total of $11.64 was earned for those using their card, in our name.  (The card system will need renewal soon, so we will continue on!)

     

    Mayor’s report (Kathy—absent):

    Color:  Aces & Ales Brown

     

    OPEN FLOOR:

    *Thanks to KUNV, 91.5, The Lyons Den and Dead.net for the 7th Annual Grateful Dead Meet-up at the Movies tickets, for our August’s Friends & Family event.  Those who went, enjoyed the 1989 concert on the big-screen. 

    *Our next ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY roadside clean-up will be on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 8th, to help out our Lake Mead’s roadside, when the weather cools down!  Please mark those calendars to help out an hour or two.  It’s a feel-good project!  

    *September’s ‘Friends & Family’ Event will be the GREENSKY BLUEGRASS, Friday, Sept. 15th show at the HENDERSON PAVILION.                                                                                                                                                                          Kathy Kathy G. and Paige T. have a group-area reserved, with $21 tickets on hand.  Please contact one of them for yours!  

    Next Meeting:  Tuesday, September 5th.

    (All members & friends welcome! @ ROCKY’S BAR & GRILL)

     

    Meeting adjourned:  8:45PM

  • July 12, 2017 11:02 PM | John Tolson (Administrator)

    LOCATION: ROCKY’S

    START TIME: 7:54 PM END TIME: 10ISH

    NEXT MEETING: AUGUST 2 2017 THE PHOENIX – SEE ADDRESS BELOW

    MEETING OPENER: TOAST TO THE BIG DAUNCH – GREG’S DAD

    PREZ REPORT:  GROOVE SESSION FRIDAY JULY 21ST AT VINYL  - FREE!!!–

    THIS IS AN LVJBS SPONSORED EVENT AND WE NEED TO GET THE WORD OUT. IT IS A LATER SHOW AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR A LOCAL OPENING BAND THAT HAS A FOLLOWING AND WILL PLAY FOR EXPOSURE AND A FEW FREE DRINKS.  IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW WANTS THIS OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY AT VINYL, INSIDE THE HARD ROCK HOTAL & CASINO, PLEASE CONTACT GREG AT LVSMOJOE@YAHOO.COM ASAP. OFFICERS WILL POST THIS ON THEIR SOCIAL NETWORK TO GET THE WORD OUT.

    A SURVEY WILL BE GOING OUT THAT WILL CONTAIN A FEW QUESTIONS, WE WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK – WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO IS FIND OUT THINGS LIKE: WHAT VENUES YOU WILL COME OUT TO WHEN WE SPONSOR A SHOW? WHAT LOCAL BANDS DO YOU WANT TO SEE AT THOSE VENUES? WHAT BRINGS YOU OUT TO A SHOW/WHAT KEEPS YOU AWAY? –

    IDEA TO REVAMP FRIENDS & FAMILY TO MAKE IT MORE OF AN APPEALING OUTING FOR MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF. POSSIBLY TEAMING UP WITH OTHER LOCAL NOT FOR PROFITS, ETC.

    VP REPORT: ADDING EVENTS TO THE WEBSITE AS THEY ARE ANNOUNCED

    GETTING LOCAL VENDORS TO OFFER A DISCOUNT TO ALL LVJBS MEMBERS THAT PRESENT THEIR MEMBERSHIP CARD

     

     MICHAEL MULLADY – IS OFFERING 15% OFF AUTOMOTIVE WORK

     

     

     

    JAMMIN’ ON MAIN IS OFFERING A 10% DISCOUNT ON THE MERCHANDISE THEY CARRY

     

    STEVE BIKARIAN – IS OFFERING 10% OFF AUTOMOTIVE WORK AND WILL BE MAKING A DONATION TO THE LVJBS TO GET HIS LOGO AND INFO ON OUR WEBSITE

    I WILL BE CONTACTING OTHER LOCAL VENDORS THAT MAY WANT TO MAKE A DONATION OR OFFER A DISCOUNT ON THEIR SERVICES.

    SECRETARY: THE SECRETARY IS ON TOUR!!

     

    TREASURER: WE ARE SPONSORING A NEW DOGGIE THROUGH JD & LONEWOOFRESCUE.ORG. HER NAME IS ROXIE AND SHE IS A BULL TERRIER.  IT IS A CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP THAT WILL LAST THROUGH THE END OF THE YEAR.  WE WILL HAVE HER PICTURE ON OUR WEBSITE AND OUR SOCIAL MEDIA. LET’S GET THIS GIRL A FUREVER HOME!!!


    DAN RUGOTZKE WORKED THE PIRATE FEST WITH OUR PA AND EQUIPMENT AND WE RECEIVED A DONATION FROM THE PIRATE FEST FOR OUR SERVICES – THANKS DAN!!

    WE HAVE A NEW BATCH OF LVJBS BUSINESS CARDS, SO WHEN YOU SEE AN OFFICER ASK FOR A FEW SO YOU CAN LEAVE THEM AT LOCAL BUSINESSES TO SPREAD THE WORD OF THE LVJBS IN OUR TOWN. 

    MAYOR FOR THE DAY JENNY MINUCCI SAYS THE COLOR FOR JULY IS:

    BURNT SIENNA FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN

     

    OPEN FLOOR:

    JENNY MINUCCI – WE NEED TO PUSH TO GET MEMBERS

    KATHY GUTZAT – GREENSKY BLUEGRASS – IT WAS SUGGESTED WE BUY A BLOCK OF TICKETS FOR THE SEPTEMBER 15TH SHOW AT THE HENDERSON PAVILION (THEIR 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY) – ALL THAT WERE IN ATTENDANCE VOTED AND WE WILL BE PURCHASING 20 TICKETS TO SELL TO OUR FRIENDS & MEMBERS. YOU WILL BE HEARING MORE ABOUT THIS IN THE COMING WEEKS.

    LOOKING INTO PLANNING A FAMILY PICNIC/LEGEND’S REUNION AROUND OCTOBER. MORE DETAILS TO COME.

    NEW LOCATION FOR MEETINGS – THE PHOENIX – LOCATED AT 4213 W SAHARA AVE 89102 -


     

     

  • June 06, 2017 7:30 PM | Jessica L Grant (Administrator)

    Las Vegas Jam Band Society

    Members’ Meeting Minutes

    June 6, 2017

     

    Meeting Begins:  7:50pm

    Location:  Tenaya Creek Brewery

     

    In attendance:  Greg, JT, Paige, Jessica, Kathy, Max, Megan, Ben, Anthony

     

    Called to order (Greg):  “Well, this will be a loud one….”  (Ahhh, thanks Megan, for the location spot upgrade!)

     

    President’s Report (Greg): 

    *Just announced GROOVESESSION, for July 21st at Vinyl, at the Hard Rock Hotel.  This show should be a later start to accommodate those attending ‘Hall & Oates’ at the T*Mobile.  Hoping to have a local band open the show.  (**Please contact the LVJBS is your band, or if you know of a band that would want to perform, prior to GrooveSession.)

     

    *Looking forward to the Fall, Tecopa Takeover.

     

    Vice President’s Report (Johnnie): 

    *In regards to the ‘future’ LVJBS Clubhouse:  Investors are currently being sought.  There’s an option off Dean Martin Dr., The Garden and, also, one off of Russell & Pecos (Group concern with that location not necessarily in the ‘middle of town’, so may not be a good choice.) 

    *Had a meeting with Leslie Ventura who is with the Review Journal newspaper.  She wants to do a ‘story’ on the LVJBS.  We will have to discuss this further.

     

    (Max chimed in with the SpeakEasy concept—if we want to continue the ‘Clubhouse’ location idea…..)

     

    Treasurer’s Report (Paige):

    *Membership cards are slowly getting out.  Jammin’on Main is offering 15% off with the sent email and the membership card.  We did hear back from PTs Pubs and they are inquiring more details and numbers before agreeing to any discount options--too much of a hassle, so we won’t support them, as a group.  Also, Mike (a Mechanic friend of LVJBS) is offering a 15% off of mechanic-work on members’ vehicles.

     

    *Collecting donations for JD’s LoneWoof Rescue (blankets/dog food bags).  Thinking of ‘changing’ our LVJBS sponsored dog, Angus, to another dog.  (Angus is having trouble getting adopted—had a few adoptions/returns, so He may just become one of JD’s personal pets.)  More info TBD.

     

    Secretary’s Report (Jessica):

    *Nothing new to report—Yet, thanks to Paige for covering next month’s meeting (Officers/Committee Heads) at Rocky’s.  This will be on July 11th, due to the 4th of July, the week prior. 

     

    Mayor’s Report (Kathy in for Justin):

    Color:  RED, RED, WINE

     

    Friends & Family Events:

    *Thanks, Greg, for the fun MAY event (51s game).  JUNE’s event was a mention of possibly going to the downtown, Container Park, DOME theater.  (Great sound, seats 25, all-ages.)  Greg to send email to group, asking for volunteers to ‘create the June event’, allowing others to take part.  More details TBD.

     

    COMMITTEE REPORTS

     

    Fundraising Report (Kathy & JT):

    *Spoke with Nezi & Cal about a ‘central’ room for bands to play (eg. ‘Gear & Clothing’ store--Charleston near Main)….They are ‘more than happy’ to work with us (sharing social media, fliers, etc.). 

    *Spoke with ‘Grateful Don’, who, too, shares similar interests, with his silver-jewelry sales.

     

    Membership Report (Paige):

    *Let’s get these cards out….If you see members who might not have their card yet, please help to distribute!

    *Needing to get more ‘basic’ LVJBS info cards (Jenny M. may have the unused ones….more info TBD.)

     

    PRODUCTION REPORT (Greg):

    *Contacted once more by Craig, from Cubensis.  Still interested in an October 13/14 date.  Max to inquire about a possible Brooklyn Bowl date, yet October is always booked/busy.  No confirmation can be given until early September.  (Max to have Nathan, @ SandDollar, make contact with Craig for a possible gig there.)

     

    OPEN FLOOR:

    *GREENSKY BLUEGRASS was booked at the HENDERSON PAVILION, on Friday, Sept. 15th.  (Kathy may advertise this as a possible September ‘Friends & Family’ event….blankets, coolers, all-ages.) 

    The opener is still being determined.  The ‘AllTogethers’ have inquired.

     

    *The Funk Jam is dealing with a TOP GOLF neighborhood ‘noise ordinance’, so may start earlier.  More info TBA.

     

    *Thanks to the LVJBS for the non-profit letter, which helped for ‘free’ beer for the Takeover event.  Also, bands are being ‘booked’ for the upcoming Tacopa Takeover. Suggestion: Shakey Feelin’

     

    *Max offering to get LVJBS advertisements out during his upcoming Boulder, CO trip. 

    --Be on the lookout for late-night WSP show announcements. 

     

    Next Meeting:

    Tuesday, July 11th (due to July 4th Holiday) @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill

    (….for Officers, Committee Heads/Board of Directors.)

     

    Meeting adjourned:  8:55PM

  • June 05, 2017 9:57 PM | Jessica L Grant (Administrator)

    Our June meeting for All Members & Friends of LVJBS will be TOMORROW, Tuesday, June 6th @ 7:30pm.  We will meet at TENAYA CREEK BREWERY.  See you there!

  • April 04, 2017 7:30 PM | Jessica L Grant (Administrator)

    LAS VEGAS JAM BAND SOCIETY

    Members’ Meeting Minutes

    April 4, 2017

     

    Meeting Begins: 7:38PM @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill

     In attendance:  Greg, John, Paige, Jessica, Dan, (Visit by Intern Robin)

     Called to order (Greg):

    “Let’s get this show on the road….”

    President’s Report (Greg):

    A concern about the LVJBS’s needed role, in exchange for the Brooklyn Bowl ‘comp’ tickets for our ‘member raffle’ is had.  Due to a past busy, few months, the will-call list has been late to the Brooklyn Bowl and not enough of our ‘promised’ advertising has been done.  (Greg, apologetically, admitted the negligence and will ensure this doesn’t happen again/ruin our ‘relationship’ with the Brooklyn Bowl team.)

    We will be selective in our ‘requests’ to the Brooklyn Bowl, ensuring they are ‘jamband’ genres, only, to avoid any ‘overkill’.

    (Upcoming shows that we will ‘NOT’ request this time around:  Gary Clark Jr. (blues genre), Pink Talking Fish (due to it being an inexpensive late night show).

     

    Vice President’s Report (Johnnie): 

    *We want to ensure our LVJBS Membership cards have ‘value’, as well as being an ‘ID’ for membership. (The LVJBS is a code for ‘LIFT’ where a portion of any Lyft-ride, goes back to the LVJBS.  Some new sought after discounts:  Jammin’ on Main (10% off), PTs Pub (various LV locations).  Details TBA.

    (JT to send email to members, asking of any leads for area businesses to provide discounts, deals, etc.)

    Treasurer’s Report (Paige):

    *No Panera Bread contact back regarding portion of funds back to the LVJBS.

    *The filing of our Non-Profit status was submitted on March 31st (due by April 18th) to the NV Secretary of State.

    *Call from Megan R. (Garage Mahal Takeover), asking for a copy of our non-profit status to help get donation to the event, from area sponsors.  Group will support this event.

    Secretary’s Report (Jessica): 

    *Checked with ‘Rocky’s Bar & Grill’, for a complimentary website ad-advertisement and/or discount, since we enjoy their establishment for our meetings/get- togethers.  The owner is fine with advertisement, but needs more information submitted to him before any discounts are offered.  More info TBD. 

    Mayor’s Report (Justin): ~absent~

    …via visiting ‘substitute’ Mayor, Ms. Robin

    COLOR:  Gold

    PRODUCTION REPORT (Greg):

    *L.A. based band, JAMERICANA (www.thealpinegroup.com) has been contacting for an upcoming event.  We will keep them on our ‘radar’ for a future show.

    *’GLOW STICK WILLY (from Indiana) will be in the area on 4/16 & 4/17 and would like to play an event.  They are willing to play for ‘free’, so we put them in touch with the Bischels, to possibly have them play on Easter Sunday, 4/16, “A Resurrection-Metal show” is a possibility.  More details on the Takeover-event.

    *Friday, May 26th, THE HIGGS, will play at the SandDollar Blues Lounge.  More details TBA.

    Upcoming shows/events:

    4/15:  Toots & the Maytals @ the Brooklyn Bowl

    4/15:  The GarageMahal Takeover @ Garage Mahal

    4/23:  Orgone & the Monophonics @ the Brooklyn Bowl

    COMMITTEE REPORTS:

    *Membership Committee (Paige/John):  3 or 4 new members have joined, since the initial ordering of the membership cards.  (Paige has cards, so be sure to connect with her, if yours is not yet had.)

    OPEN FLOOR:

    *(Dan) PIRATE FEST 2017 will be on April 21-23.  Our SoundSystem will once again be utilized for this annual event.  More details TBA.

    Friends & Family Event:

    *APRIL’s event will be a community ‘NO PLACE FOR HATE’, Springtime family walk through the ‘Springs Preserve’ on SUNDAY, APRIL 30th, 9-11am.

    LVJBS has been given a discounted rate/50%off, for those who sign-up/pre-register, using the ‘code’ JAMBAND50A (for adult price of $10) and JAMBAND50K (kid’s price of $5).  Wear those tie-dyes & LVJBS shirts!  Look for the Facebook/WildApricot info invite soon!  J

    *MAY’s event will be a 51s Baseball Game, planned by Greg.  MONDAY, MAY 15th vs. IOWA is the thought date!  Mark those calendars, but wait for a detailed event invite! 

    Next Meetings:

    Tuesday, May 2nd @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill  (Officers’/Board of Directors’ Mtg.)

    Tuesday, June 6th @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill (for all LVJBS members, officers, & friends!)

    Meeting Adjourned: 8:45pm

     

  • March 07, 2017 7:30 PM | Jessica L Grant (Administrator)

    LAS VEGAS JAM BAND SOCIETY

    Members’ Meeting Minutes

    March 7, 2017

    Meeting Begins: 7:45PM @ Tenaya Creek Brewery

     In attendance:  John, Paige, Jessica, Kathy

     Called to order (JT):

    *The relationship with RELIX magazine and our volunteer table has been positive.  We are now working with RELIX’s Bradley T. (& Brian H.).

    Mr. Peter Shapiro came by, during the WEEN table, thanking the LVJBS for our service and help.  He took a photo of the table and of an outdated clipboard/sign-up sheet—instructing his people to correct it. 

    President’s Report (Greg):

     ~absent~

    Vice President’s Report (Johnnie): 

    *List of potential investors for the mentioned, future LVJBS Clubhouse were sent.

    Recipients include:  Zappos, Relix Inc., Agassi Foundation.

    Treasurer’s Report (Paige):

    *Money has been given back to us from the AMAZONSMILES, for the 2016, 4Q ($12.64)

    *No response back from Panera Bread Co. for the ‘Friends & Family’ night.  Possible date(s)= TBD.

    *Membership cards have been ordered for paid members.  155 cards.  Same style at 2016, with different year of expiration.

     

    Secretary’s Report (Jessica): 

    *We still have to check with ‘Rocky’s Bar & Grill’, for a complimentary website ad-advertisement and/or discount, since we enjoy their establishment for our meetings/get togethers.  More info TBD. 

    Mayor’s Report (Justin): ~absent~

    …via former Mayor, Kathy

    COLOR:  Shimmering Shamrock Green

     Committee Reports:

    Membership Committee (JT):  Calendars were sent out to paid members and only 3 were sent back, due to incorrect addresses.

    Archive Committee (Kathy):    No report.

    PRODUCTION REPORT (Greg):

    ~absent~

    No report.  More details TBA.

    *Kathy still working on contacting the Bunkhouse and the HideAway to see about the mentioned SHAKEY FEELIN’, April show, allowing us to charge at door/split/venue taking care of band’s needs.  More details TBA.

    Upcoming Brooklyn Bowl shows:

    3/17:  Umphrey’s McGee

    3/23:  Donavan Frankenrieter

    3/28:  Robert Randolph

    3/31 & 4/1:  STS9

    4/15:  Toots & the Maytals

    4/15:  The GarageMahal Takeover

    4/23:  Orgone & the Monophonics

     

    OPEN FLOOR:

    *Mark your calendars for an upcoming ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY clean-up, SUNDAY, March 19th @ 9am.

    It’s quick & easy with more people!  The weather should be nice and it is a location with a ‘easy to get to’ drive and doesn’t take long!  (Grabber tools, safety vests, and the collection bags are provided!)  BRING YOUR FRIENDS!!!!  J

     

    Friends & Family Event:

     *MARCH’s event will be a Orleans Bowling event, planned by Kathy, at THE ORLEANS, Saturday, March 11th, 3:30pm. $14 for 3 games/shoe rental.

    *APRIL’s event will be a community ‘NO PLACE FOR HATE’, Springtime family walk through the ‘Springs Preserve’ on SUNDAY, APRIL 30th, 9-11am.

    LVJBS has been given a discounted rate/50%off, for those who sign-up/pre-register, using the ‘code’ JAMBAND50A (for adult price of $10) and JAMBAND50K (kid’s price of $5).  Wear those tie-dyes & LVJBS shirts!  Look for the Facebook/WildApricot info invite soon!  J

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Next Meetings:

    *Tuesday, April 4th & Tuesday, May 2nd for the Board of Directors/Officers, @ Rocky’s, 7:30pm.

    *Tuesday, June 6th @ 7:30pm, for ALL MEMBERS’, OFFICERS, and FRIENDS.

    Meeting Adjourned: 8:40pm


  • February 07, 2017 7:30 PM | Jessica L Grant (Administrator)

    LAS VEGAS JAM BAND SOCIETY

    Board of Directors'/Members’ Meeting Minutes

    February 7, 2017

     

    Meeting Begins: 7:46PM @ Rocky’s.

     

    Board of Directors/Officers/Committee Heads in attendance:

    Greg, John, Paige, Jessica, Dan, Ian, Kathy

     

    Called to order &

    President’s Report (Greg): We’re on track for 2017!

     

    Vice President’s Report (Johnnie): 

    *Ticket lotteries have been going well.  The RELIX people have contacted us again for a ‘table’ for the three-nights of WEEN, Feb. 17-19.  (An email will soon go out, looking for volunteers.)

    *Meeting on Friday, with a possible ‘LVJBS Clubhouse’ sponsor.  More info TBA.

     

    Treasurer’s Report (Paige):

    *Money has been given back to us from the Facebook donations, AmazonSmiles, Smith’s groceries.

    *Panera Bread Café is another possible fundraiser.

    *Auditing has been being done on our account.  Ensuring the PayPal, Checking Account with the LVJBS checks, etc. are combined and utilized correctly.

     

    Secretary’s Report (Jessica): 

    *Noticed that ‘Rocky’s Bar & Grill’ is not one of our ‘friends-of’ on our website.  We will speak with the owner to get his go-ahead for a ‘thank you-advertisement’.

     

    Mayor’s Report (Justin): ~absent~

    …via former Officer, Ian Z.

    COLOR:  “Fatty Purple, Yellow, & Green”

     

    Committee Reports:

    Membership Committee (JT):  As of now, 59 paid members for 2017.

     Archive Committee (Kathy):  *Advanced notice is needed to help gather the needs T-shirts/posters, etc. for table set-up. 

    *The 50/50 table drawings will help ‘rid’ the extra posters, T-shirts, calendars that are had at a reasonable price.

     *More LVJBS cards with the basic info/email/website address are needed.  This will help for ‘easier’ advertisement during events or set-ups like the RELIX table.

     

    PRODUCTION REPORT (Greg):

    *High Times Magazine will have an event on March 4 & 5 @ Moapa Tribal Plaza for anyone age 21 & over.  They have offered a handful of tickets for our ‘word of mouth’/texted advertisement.  We will support this, but want to keep it ‘professional’ due to the event topic itself.

    *The Go’Arounds, who are “bits of favorite bands exploded into Rock & Roll confetti”, from Michigan, are interested in Wed., 3/29.  Due to the lack of ‘knowledge’ about this band and the ‘many’ March events around town, a weeknight event isn’t recommended, so we will have to ‘pass’ on ‘The Go’Arounds this time ‘around….

    *SHAKY FEELIN’ are interested in a weeknight show.  They gave some dates.  We know a large portion of our members enjoy this band, but are trying to inform the band that ‘weeknight’ shows are not always successful.  The only two ‘smaller’ venues that ‘could’ host them are the Bunkhouse or the HideAway.  (Kathy to inquire if those two locations would allow us to charge a small cover/work the door OR if the location will take care of the band’s needs.)  (We will mention a possible April 1st, late night, after the Brooklyn Bowl’s STS9 show, to help celebrate member, RJ’s Birthday!)  More details TBD.

    *Eminence Ensemble & JellyBread were both interested in a late night, May 27th, after Dead & Co. show.  (The Brooklyn Bowl already ‘beat them to it’, with the scheduled PINK TALKING FISH.)

    *Had contact with ‘Hunter & the Dirty Jacks’ member, Jon Siembieda.  He is looking into a future LVJBS collaboration.

    *Had contact by Little Tybee & Chon who are coming down the west coast, over the summer months.  The dates that ‘could’ work for us conflicts with the ‘member popular’ HIGH SIERRA MUSIC FESTIVAL dates, so we could possibly catch them ‘next time around.’

     

    Upcoming Brooklyn Bowl shows:

    2/14:  Galactic

    2/17-2/19:  Ween

    2/20:  Infamous Stringdusters

    2/27:  Grateful Ball

    2/28: Railroad Earth

    3/4:  Gov’t Mule

    3/17:  Umphrey’s McGee

    3/23:  Donavan Frankenrieter

    3/28:  Robert Randolph

    3/31 & 4/1:  STS9

     

    OPEN FLOOR:

    *Discussion of the definition of ‘LVJBS Charter Members, Board of Directors, and the needed ‘current on dues’ were had.  A detailed list of requirements and the opportunity to ‘make due’ on any delinquent dues will be provided soon. 

    *(Paige to get the updated spreadsheet of member info (name/addresses/phone/email) to the Officers.)

    *Mark your calendars for an upcoming ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY clean-up, SUNDAY, March 19th @ 9am.

    It’s quick & easy with more people!  The weather should be nice and it is a location with a ‘easy to get to’ drive and doesn’t take long!  (Grabber tools, safety vests, and the collection bags are provided!)  BRING YOUR FRIENDS!!!!  J

     

    Friends & Family Event:

    *FEBRUARY’s event will be  ‘Panera Café’ event (part of the proceeds go back to our non-profit.)  Paige will send more details/Facebook invite for families to go at their convenience on the chosen day.

    (**Also, Greg will choose a Tuesday, for a Drive-In movie (2for1) event. This will “happen on a Tuesday and the date will be known and shared soon!”)

     *MARCH’s event will be a Bowling night, planned by Kathy.  Location TBA and the possible dates would be Saturday the 11th or 25th.   

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Next Members’ Meeting(s):

    Tuesday, March 7th for the Members/Public guests @ Tenaya Creek Brewery.**

    Meeting Adjourned: 9:05pm

     

     

     

     

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   Next >  Last >> 
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software