March 2020 Minutes
Date: March 3, 2020
Time: 7 pm
Location: Jackson’s Bar- Flamingo and Jones 6020 W Flamingo 89103 (Teah’s Bar!)
Attendees: Megan Bichsel, Ian Zeitzer, Jessica Grant, Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Dan Rugotzke, Ellen Skiba, Tiffany Belcher, Fred Guzat, Kathy Guzat, David Shapiro and Audrey Kennedy
Item I: Meeting called to order at: 7pm
Item II: Presidents Report:
1. Relix Table for Ween- registration is open
a. If you volunteer- you get a ticket for that night
b. Two bowling tournaments- Friday and Saturday
c. There will be a wait list for all Relix table shifts
d. If you volunteer for a bowling shift you get a ticket for that night
2. Lottery’s approaching-
b. Ween show lottery
c. Galactic show lottery
Item III: Treasurers Report:
Item IV: Secretary’s Report:
Item VI: Mayor’s report:
Item VII: Production Report:
Item VIII: Committee Updates:
Item IV: Open Floor
Meeting adjourned at: 7:53pm
February 2020 Minutes
Date: February 4, 2020
Location: The Bichsel’s house
Attendees: Megan Bichsel, David Bichsel, Richard Stewart, Matt Alexander, Jimmy Cressy, Basia Yakaitis, Steve Yakaitis, Jessica Grant, Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Dan Rugotzke, Greg Serensits, Ellen Skiba, Tiffany Belcher
Item I: Meeting called to order at: 7:15pm
1. Interest in exploring member t-shirts
2. Harrison Ezratty- Marketing Manager at Relix- Interested in having a Relix table at the Ween show. Any other minimum or 2 night runs we can set up a table for volunteers to run.
Item III: Vice Presidents Report:
1. Develop member surveys and get feedback from our members. For example: bands people would like to see, venues they prefer to see shows, suggestions for meeting locations, suggestions from members in general about how to add value to being a member.
Item IV: Treasurers Report:
Item V: Secretary’s Report:
Important Upcoming Dates:
Next LVJBS meeting: Tue February 4th 7:00pm- 3220 Mason Ave, LV, NV 89102
Sat Jan 11th- 9:30PM Catfish John and The Alligators- Sand Dollar Lounge
Fri Jan 17th- 8PM The Wailers- Top Golf
Sat Jan 18th- 12PM Bluegrass Jam- Lovelady Brewing
Sun Jan 19th- 10PM Dan Fester- Sand Dollar Lounge
Sun Jan 19th- 8PM The Black Keys- Chelsea
Sat Jan 25th 11AM Music of David Bowie for kids- BBLV
Thurs Jan 30th- 10PM Chris Tofield- Sand Dollar Lounge
Sat Feb 1st- 10PM FLUX with Debbie Stewart- Sand Dollar Lounge
Sat Feb 1st- 8PM Unwieldies and Pitchfork- Gold Mine Tavern
Tue Feb 18th- 7PM Steel Pulse- BBLV
Thurs Feb 20th – 7PM Dweesil Zappa- BBLV
Fri Feb 21st- 8PM Delta Nove- Garage Ma Hall
Sat Feb 22nd- 11AM Music of Prince for kids- BBLV
Tue Feb 25th-8PM MarchFourth- Top Golf
Fri Feb 28th- 8PM Dave Matthews Band- Chelsea
Fri March 6th- 8PM G. Love & Special Sauce- Top Golf
Thurs-Sat March 19-21 WEEN- BBLV
Wed March 25th- 7PM Galactic- BBLV
Sat April 4th- 6:30PM Wilco- BBLV
Sat April 4th 8PM Spafford- Bunkhouse
Fri-Sat April 10-12th Garage Ma Hall Takeover
January 2020 Minutes
Date: January 7, 2020
Time: 7:30 pm
Location: Cheeba Hut- 4550 S Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Attendees: Johnnie Tolson, Jenny Minucci, Paige Tolson, Megan Bichsel, Jessica Grant, Ian Zeitzer, Kathy Guzat, Frad Guzat, Tiffany Belcher, Ellen Skiba
Item I: Meeting called to order at: 7:30pm
Happy New Year!
1. Welcome to all new officers- Look forward to the new year, with new ideas and concepts. Website has been updated with new officer’s contact information and new administers appointed on website.
2. Will follow Roberts Rule and keep side conversations to a minimum.
3. Yearly Music Events (quarterly)- Lets bring the music.
4. Motion to appoint Greg- Production and Entertainment Coordinator, passed. We will follow up to see if he accepts.
5. Press Releases- We will send events sent to TV and radio for press releases. Hoping to join the air to promote our events.
6. Term Limits- Looking to explore the options of term limits. Goal to will keep things fresh and forward moving, 2-4 years for all positions except treasurer which should have a longer term limit. We are starting a discussion and open to suggestions. We are not a rush to push through the bylaws, rather begin a focus on succession planning.
7. Business Cards- New format presented at meeting. Fiverr is another source of freelance graphic designers; we are currently exploring new logo/ business card design. Jenny suggested a more minimalistic modern design.
8. Everyone who has a meeting discount from last year has been updated in the wild apricot system. Pay your dues! Even if you weren’t a member last year your account is credited with a discount for this year. Hooray!
9. Vegas Inc Business List- Magazine that includes all information about businesses in the Valley, may be a great resource for donations. Available for all members.
1. Celebrate successes- Christmas Party was fun for all! Glitter Fairy success! Scottie and Casey with Vegas Prop House donated all decorations for party. Please leave them an amazing review on Google Reviews. Talk about the Mushroom props and they offer a variety of props for parties going forward.
2. Concerns were expressed about voting not being secret. Suggest looking into private ballot for next year.
3. Need someone to take over Instagram. Instagram can be linked to Facebook, all posts on Instagram can be shared on both platforms. Post must be initiated from Instagram.
4. Would like a group platform for member communications. Private Facebook group for members only for communication.
5. Social media concerns- Collective consciousness about getting everyone involved. Encourage engagement from all members.
6. Venues- Megan started folder in new LVJBS google drive to start doing research for ongoing database.
7. Camping and day trips- Let work on this too.
1. Budget check in- we have assets.
2. Pay your dues- discounts end March 31st.
3. Membership card- New cards not needed. Research stickers to add to current card for updated members. We discussed not ordering new cards for new members.
4. State of Nevada annual list will be updated with the new officers.
5. Discussed renewing PO BOX- consider changing to the Bichsel’s new address.
6. There is an interest in every paid member get a yearly tie dye logo shirt. 50/50 blend material requested. We will explore cost and options.
7. Different ways to pay bands in 2020- Zelle vs Venmo. Will ask bands if they accept other forms of payment when booking bands.
8. $51 raised form Christmas party raffle.
9. Johnnie will make FB video/ go live for membership to pay dues.
1. Looking for clearly defined positions with roles and expectations- could be sent out at election time. We discussed also allowing room to make the position your own.
a. Facebook monthly meeting reminder- Jessica Grant will continue to send out.
b. Johnnie will send out wild apricot monthly meeting reminder.
2. Agenda and minutes plan- seeking approval for new process.
a. Board Agenda additions 2 weeks prior to meeting.
b. Agenda to be sent to membership 1 week prior to membership
3. Meeting time change vote- Change to 7pm. Vote was passed.
4. Google Drive- Started for digital filing and reference. Available for all interested.
5. Venue database started in google drive- We are encouraging all add contacts and info. We can also add details about the venue, like costs and limitations and best person to contact.
6. Yearly Donor Thank You Letters- that can be used for tax purposes. Send to all members and donors from the year.
7. Add Takeover committee- I nominate Dave to be the Takeover Committee head. Passed.
8. Website Research- We are looking into a new website platform before April when Wild Apricot needs to be renewed.
a. Vistaprint – They Design for free then $35.00 per month to host ($420 per year)
b. Wildapricot – Design is outsourced.
c. NeONBRAND – Providing a proposal for what they can do to enhance our website presence. Local Las Vegas business.
d. Wix.com – Free website design templates that can be used with existing host
e. Squarespace- currently used to host Tecopa Takeover's webpage.
f. WildApricot is up in April- look for options before then.
Item VI: Mayor’s report: Rainbow slice- new year, so many possibilities.
1. Bring more community outreach to our community- highway cleanup, scholarship for musicians, explore going into the nursing homes and bring music. AIDS walk type happenings.
2. Discussed exploring options to get people to sign up for Amazon smile and Smiths Rewards.
a. Screenshot that you signed up and you get a raffle entry after your first purchase and you will be entered into a raffle for a prize. Promote use and sign ups.
1. Delta Nove- seeking 2/21- Garage ma Hall Confirmed. 8PM show- Please promote and support this LVJBS event.
2. David Gans- seeking 2/18- Conflicts with Steel Pulse, group declines at this time.
3. Moonalice: THC Revue: Featuring Lester & Dylan Chambers & the T-sisters) Seeking: 4/29 – 5/2
a. This band features former members of Jefferson Starship, Jerry Garcia Band, Hot Tuna, Phil Lesh & Friends, David Nelson Band, John Fogerty, Rod Stewart
b. We would like to further explore booking this band. Find out how much they want and explore venue options.
4. Grateful Bluegrass Boys- seeking 3/22- from Santa Cruz/ Sonoma- members from Hot Buttered Rum
a. booked at Winston’s (in San Diego) 3/21, Possibly house party at Basia’s- not confirmed. Group agrees that early poolside show would work. This is a Sunday following a long Ween weekend. Sunday day show would be best option.
1. Fund Development- We are looking for a committee head.
2. PR/ Marketing- Looking for a committee head.
a. We will put it out to membership that we are looking for help for both committees.
3. Archive- Fred Gutzat
4. Takeover committee- David Bichsel
5. Volunteer coordinator- Jessica Grant
Item IV: Open Floor
1. Saturday Jan 25th Chronic Classic- 15th Annual Poker Tournament
2. Charra Post donated guitar books and guitar for our scholarship. Dave will polish up and put new strings on, will be raffled off at the Garage Ma Hall.
3. Sunday January 12th Highway cleanup at Noon- afterparty Rusty Putter.
4. Savers donation- 20 cents per pound for soft item 10 cents for pound for hard items.
Kathy will explore a drop off day at Savers in the near future and a drop off day following the Garage Ma Hall.
Next LVJBS meeting: Tue February 4th 7:00pm- 3220 Mason Ave, LV, NV 89102, Megan and Dave’s
Meeting adjourned at: 9:03pm
Next LVJBS meeting: Tue February 4th 7:00pm- 3220 Mason Ave, LV, NV 89102
Las Vegas Jam Band Society
Members’ Meeting Minutes
December 3, 2019
Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill
Meeting Begins: 7:38 PM
In attendance: Greg, JT, Paige, Jessica, Ian, Dan, Kathy, Fred, Megan
President’s Report (Greg): “Let’s get this December meeting started!”
*Upcoming 2020 Officer Nominations have all been in. (There were 2 Offices needing a Vote: President/Secretary). Yet, the current Secretary (Jessica) does not want to risk her status of a “Tribal Member/Charter Member” due to how the LVJBS’s ‘Bi-laws’ are written: “Officer at least one year/Committee Chair for at least two years/NO loss of any held Election for Office”, she has removed herself from the 2020 Ballot, for the 2020’s Office of Secretary.
Megan Bichsel will be the Secretary for 2020.
Other 2020 Officers:
Vice President: Jennifer Minucci
Treasurer: Paige Tolson
Mayor: Tiffany Belcher
Paid (current/up-to-date) Members are able to place their vote for 2020 PRESIDENT, through December 11th and the elected President will be announced on December 15th.
Nominees: Current President GREG SERENSITS & current Vice President JOHNNIE TOLSON are the two Presidential candidates needing a vote.
*After seeing BLUE OYSTER CULT in Moapa, NV recently, there is another possible venue that could host a great event. (Stage area with a large grassy area for the audience). Discussion had of a Halloween event on Saturday, Oct. 31st, 2020. Our friends, SPAFFORD, are willing to help us celebrate this 20 year milestone, if date allows. More details TBD.
--Discussion held of our past anniversary shows and dates were reviewed: New Riders of the Purple Sage was our 2015, 15th Anniversary show, Grey Boy Allstars was our 200th show in 2013.
Vice President’s Report (JT):
*We have 65 current paid members (including the monthly, individual, & couple memberships)
--In order to VOTE for an Office, the Member must be a paid dues-DECEMBER member, for that year.
*Have been taking WILD APRICOT Webinars to help make the site more user-friendly, etc. Possible viewing changes TBD.
--Greg discussed Kevin Dold’s past website work for LVJBS and will inquire about future upgraded website assistance, as well.
Secretary’s Report (Jessica):
*Thanks to our Treasurer, Paige, for taking care of the November minutes, due to my prearranged absence.
*The next ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY Clean-up weekend will be in JANUARY. Thoughts: SATURDAY or SUNDAY, January 11th or 12th @ 9am. The preferred date will be confirmed at the January Members’ meeting.
We will gather for brunch afterwards at THE RUSTY PUTTER Lounge, where we get 25% off our tab with our Membership Cards.
*It’s been wonderful being a dedicated LVJBS Secretary for these many past years. Congrats to Megan for getting to take over the duties for 2020.
Treasurer’s Report (Paige):
*Dues are now ‘monthly’ payments. $10/month. The 2020 Annual memberships can now be paid for this upcoming year. An email will soon be sent with any earned meeting ‘credits’ for a discounted membership and ‘due’ dates.
*HOLIDAY PARTY monies will be ready for the performers’ payments.
Costs: Pitchfork $300, DJ $75, & the requested $175 for Ice, Propane, & Light projection.
Total of $550. Officers decided that $650 will be given to the hosts for payments and any miscellaneous needs. (Other Officers and Members have been graciously buying/donating goods/decorations for this event without needed reimbursements.)
* Don’t forget that attending monthly meetings can get you $5 credits for the next year’s dues. (up to $20max). Attendance is noted each month and an email is sent your way each December, letting you know the needed dues to keep current.
*Be sure to add your SMITH’S GROCERY card and your AMAZONSMILES account, to the ‘Jam Band Society of America’ non-profit help, to ensure a portion of your purchases comes back our way! Tell your friends/family! (We will look into posting an ‘easy’ ‘click here’ link for others to get started.)
Mayor’s report (Jenny M. absent via Ian):
Color: 8-Crazy Golden Knights
Fund Development Chair (Megan B.): The announcement of the awarded Scholarship monies will be done soon. More details and winners TBA.
Archive Committee Chair (Fred G.) says that the LVJBS archive is “still safe & secure” under piles of the Gutzat garage. D.A.T. (Digital Audio Track) are there as well.
PRODUCTION REPORT (Greg):
*Spoke with Michaelo Wargo (Manager Entertainment/Special Events/Fashion Show Retail) about their “Sports for Fashion” events, a kid-friendly event which allows groups to ‘tailgate’ various events/games, with 30% of the bar proceeds going to a charity of choice/non-profit of choice. More info TBD.
*’CASINO-CARES program, where a gambler’s winnings can have their ‘spare change’ or ‘coins/cents’ donated to a non-profit instead of ‘cashed out’ in their pocket. We will reach out to them to proceed. This is an excellent way for groups to earn ‘easy’ money.
*Discussion was held at a past meeting about a possible April 10-12, 2020 CUBENSIS event/Sausage Party Takeover, at Garage Mahal. More details TBD.
*A local musician, Travis, reached out to JT on our Facebook page, inquiring to play their music/possible future event: ONE TON PROJECT
*Discussion of a 20th Anniversary T-Shirt being made for the planned event.
*Brooklyn Bowl is allowing us advertising/ticket trades for the following upcoming shows:
Gregory Alan Isakov, Thievery Corporation, Marcus King Band, Dweezil Zappa, Donovan Frankenreiter, & Galactic. (Be sure to help share these events on your pages and invite your ‘friends’ to join. This helps with getting the info spread.
Question: What happens to donated Facebook ‘Donations to a Cause’ events? (i.e. JT’s recent ‘Birthday’ donations for LVJBS)
**Paige to inquire and see how/when the monies are “given back” to the donated non-profit of choice. More info TBA.
UPCOMING NON-LVJBS EVENTS
*Dec. 6 & 7: Intersect Festival (Beck & Foo Fighters headlining)
*Dec. 7: Catfish John @ The SandDollar LV
*Dec. 8: Gregory Alan Isakov @ BBLV
*Dec. 11: Modest Mouse @ BBLV
*Dec. 15: Thievery Corporation @ BBLV
*Dec. 21: The Beatles for Kids @ BBLV
*Dec. 27: Crystal Method @ TopGolf
*Dec. 31: Stick Figure @ BBLV
*Jan. 4: Jeff & the Orrganics @ Tatuado WildSide Tavern, Pahrump
*Jan. 8: Sublime w/ Rome @ TopGolf
*Jan. 17: Tool @ T*Mobile Arena
*Jan. 17: The Wailers @ Top Golf
*Jan. 30: The Marcus King Band @ BBLV
Next Meeting: Tuesday, January. 7th @ Cheba Hut (UNLV)
Meeting adjourned: 8:50PM
November Members’ Meeting Minutes
November 5, 2019 7:30pm
November 5, 2019
Location: Cheba Hut – Sahara & Rainbow
Meeting begins: 7:45pm
In attendance: Greg, JT, Paige, Jenny M, Ian, Ellen, Tiffany Belcher
President’s Report (Greg):
· Nomination notifications are out on Facebook as well as emails were sent out.
· Holiday Party December 14th – Jenny & Boris’ house – Announcement will go out after Tecopa weekend - Entertainment TBA
· 2020 Shows – “Irons are in the fire. We are Dead Set to do 4 shows in 2020”
· When an event is posted take the initiative to re-post/share and add friends from all over to get the word out – You never know who will see it and who is in town when events happen
· Tecopa horseshoes – sign-up sheet is out in the FB event – please grab a partner and sign up – Everything else is all set to go!
Nominations and Election timeline for 2020 Officers
· Nominations will be taken through November 16th
· Nominees will be notified November 17th
· Acceptance of nominations completed by November 21st
· Ballots will be made up & brought to the December 3rd meeting at Rocky’s and also put online
· Voting can be done through December 11th
· Winners of the 2020 Officer Election will be announced on December 15th
REGARDING ELECTIONS – PAID MEMBERS ONLY ARE ALLOWED TO VOTE – It pays to be a Member J
· 2020 We need to be more pro-active on finding venues that will work for what we want to do
· Clubhouse – make it a reality – we need to find a property and move on it
· Adopt-A-Highway was super-fun, a good turnout, and a beautiful day! – we discovered animal bones – found $20 – and had some large appliances to be moved. We got it all done and enjoyed pizza & beer afterwards at Rusty Putter on Lake Mead Pkwy. We were able to use our Membership Cards to get a 20% discount and the staff was very friendly and loves our group and our cause.
· Rusty Putter is a possible new venue – the stage is a good size and the room is also. They have a full kitchen and bar. The gaming license is on the way so this may be a fun new place for us to go and check out some music.
Treasurer’s Report (Paige):
· Amazon for Q3 2019 - $11.04
· Smith’s - $29.79
· Toured Area 15 – Very early stages of construction. Looks like a great space, not sure how we can/will use it in the future, but it would be nice to collaborate with other local businesses to have a function there.
· Dues are on monthly payments of $10/month – Pay your dues and you can participate in the upcoming elections!
· Don’t forget attending monthly meetings (at least 1 a quarter) you can get up to $5 off of next year’s membership dues! A total of $20 off for the whole year.
· Be sure to add your SMITH’S Grocery ID# onto their website www.smithsfoodanddrug.com, look for The Jam Band Society of America and click on it to add them as the not-for-profit you wish to donate to.
· Smile.Amazon.com is the website to get your donations into The Jam Band Society of America – look up the “Charity List”, find us and start donating while you shop!!! Tis the Season
Mayor’s Report (Jenny): Color – Tecopa Teal
· Looking for NYE possible venues – have been checking out options – Ex. Artifice/Mandt home/Jammin’ On Vegas
· Idea for $10 from every membership to get a LVJBS t-shirt tie-dyed at Jammin’ On as a membership gift
· Revising the logo – needs an update trying to get new idea from some of our artistic friends
· Start planning a 20th Anniversary show
· We need to define the Officer’s roles to make it more intriguing to others to nominate & run
· Going to start posting on Facebook page/Social Media – Bands we want to see in 2020 – to get ideas of where people are at with who and what they want to see come through Las Vegas
· Yak Attack for Dec 6th Electronica Band – was a possibility to host but there has been no word back from them
· Spafford – Bunkhouse residency – potentially still out there but no updates have been given to the JBS
Fund Development Chair (Megan):
· Looking to showcase the winners of the Scholarship in early 2020 – More info to come J
· Looks like we will have $2000 to donate to the 4 candidates
· Delta Nove book for next year possibly - cannot play Holiday party
· Fundraising – Savers stores have a program for not-for-profits, where you collect clothing and donate it to them. They pay by the pound or by the piece is some of the clothing is a little nicer/designer, etc. We can try to figure out a location to have people drop off clothing and we can get them to the Savers store.
· Fashion Show mall has a program on Saturdays & Sundays called “Fashion & Football – Tailgating” – People come in, watch the College or NFL football games, eat, drink, be social and 30% of the bar goes to the not-for-profit they are supporting that day/weekend. Looking into getting more information and heading down there on a weekend to check it out
· Desire to work with the Blues Society, the Bluegrass Society and all other local music societies/clubs to have a bigger and better event than we can all do separately
· TECOPA TALK…….
November Friends & Family event:
TECOPA TAKEOVER – HOPE TO SEE ALL YOUR SMILING FACES THERE!
Tuesday December 3rd – Rocky’s Bar + Grill 8540 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89123
October 1, 2019
Meeting Begins: 7:40 PM
In attendance: Greg, JT, Paige, Jessica, Ellen, Dan, Jimmy, Megan
President’s Report (Greg): “Bummer about Hunter!”
*Upcoming 2020 Officer Nominations/Elections will be happening within the next couple of month’s meetings: October: Nominations will be gathered this month (via email)
November: Acceptance of Nominations, & December: 2020 Elections.
*The Tuesday, November 5th Members’ meeting a ‘TECOPA BRIEFING MEETING’ to get any last minute details regarding the ‘Takeover’ finalized.
*One of our Members (Rodney) contacted us after our ‘request’ for ‘bands of future interest’ for our GOAL of 4 Shows/Year.
WISE MONKEY ORCHESTRA was a suggestion. Their price for a booking would require 200 people paying $20. (*Side discussion of what funds are in the LVJBS account/available venues & what they offer/what a ‘reasonable price’ ticket vs. the many comp-tickets many of us receive was had.)
*BBLV’s list of the upcoming member-comp tickets: The Motet, Tower of Power, Thievery Corporation, Tauk & Jazz is Phish.
Secretary’s Report (Jessica):
*The ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY Clean-up day for the Fall season will be on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26th @ 9am. We will gather for brunch afterwards at THE RUSTY PUTTER Lounge.
*(”THE RUSTY PUTTER”, on East Lake Mead (near Lake Las Vegas and our Adopt-A-Highway spot) had its re-Grand Opening. They have a great stage for music and welcome our Members. Show your VALID LVJBS Membership Card and get 20% off your tab.)
*Paige to cover the meeting’s minutes for November due to my absence.
*We earned $11.04 from AmazonSmiles along with additional Smith’s Card Rewards
*Dues are now ‘monthly’ payments. $10/month.
Mayor’s report (Jenny M. absent via Greg):
Color: “Sky was YELLOW and the sun was BLUE”
*PINK TALKING FISH is available Friday, January 31st. The Hard Rock Hotel will be closing after the Feb. 2nd SUPERBOWL party for it’s remodeling/renaming. Awaiting on Andrew, from the HRH to let us know if that can be our ‘final’ HRH event. If not, possibly the ARUBA, the BUNKHOUSE, or the PLAZA. More details TBD.
*JACOB JOLIFF BAND –a mandolin quartet, is available Dec. 4, 5, or 7. (Jacob Joliff is a member of the Yonder Mountain String Band). We will pass on their info to the SandDollar.
*Ian Z. had an email from Ryan (at the Bunkhouse) in regards to SPAFFORD having interested for the first week of April, or April 10th-12th. Possibly Garage MaHall. More details TBD.
Fund Development Chair (Megan B.):
-Scholarship info is going out. Please help spread the word & help get additional Sponsors. Google Form on website.
-We have 3 applicants so far. Discussion of a ‘match an applicant’ had. (e.g. If there was $1,700 raised in scholarships, the LVJBS would add $300 to make it $2k.)
(email will be sent by week’s end for the Officers to make the ‘decision’ on which nominee will be this month’s recipient.)
-Jenny & Megan went around to various downtown locations in search of donations. They received $150 in gift cards thanks to the EUREKA casino (6th & Fremont)
*In lieu of the 2019 Holiday Party, maybe focus “our vision” on a 2020 CUBENSIS show. More details TBD.
*Saturday, October 19th will be the DeltaNove Memorial gathering for their drummer, Dominick. The LVJBS wants to send a gift of support and care to his family. We will be sending our LVJBS attendees with a $150 check to offer to Dominic’s family for the ‘cause’ of their choice.
*‘Friends & Family Event’ for October: CATFISH JOHN @ JamminOnMain @ 6pm. Lone Woof Rescue benefit.
*Oct. 2nd -- Calexico @ House of Blues
*Oct. 2nd—US & THEM (Pink Floyd) movie.
*Oct. 3rd—The Motet @ BBLV
*Oct. 5th—CATFISH JOHN @ JamminOn Main
*Oct. 5th-- Pink Floyd THE WALL EXPERIENCE @ The Smith Center
*Oct. 5th-- Stabbing Westward @ BBLV
*Oct. 6th —US & THEM (Pink Floyd) movie.
*Oct 6th—Stone Temple Pilots (w/ Rival Sons) @ The Joint
*Oct. 6th-- The Cult @ The Chelsea
*Oct. 11-13th –Viva Las VeGrass @ Spring Mtn. Visitors’ Center (Mt. Charleston)
*Oct. 13th—Scott Pemberton @ The SandDollar
*Oct. 19th-- HomeCookin’ @ The Bunkhouse
*Oct. 26th—Thom Yorke @ The Chelsea
*Oct. 26th—Catfish O ‘ Ween (Catfish John) @ The SandDollar
*Nov. 1st-- Tower of Power @ BBLV
*Nov. 2nd-- Yachty by Nature @ Top Golf
*Nov. 3rd -- Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine/ Prophets of Rage) @ BBLV
*Nov. 3rd-- The Moves Collective @ The SandDollar
*Nov. 7th-- Nahko & Medicine for the People @ BBLV
*Nov. 7-10—The Tecopa Takeover @ Tecopa, CA
*Nov. 12th-- Tauk & Jazz is Phish @ BBLV
*Nov. 16th—Fleetwood Mac @ T*Mobile Arena
*Nov. 21st-- MGMT @ The Pearl
*Nov. 27-- Slayer, Primus, Ministry, ‘Pantera’ @ MGM Grand
Next Meeting: Tuesday, Nov. 5th @ Cheba Hut (Sahara/Rainbow)
Meeting adjourned: 9:10 PM
September 3, 2019
Location: Cheba Hut (UNLV)
Meeting Begins: 7:36 PM
In attendance: Greg, JT, Paige, Jessica, Ellen, Ian, Jenny, Keith, Julie
President’s Report (Greg): “Alrighty…..So….”
*Last month, we discussed the given dates of GRATEFUL SHRED, who wanted to come to Las Vegas, the first week of December. The group was on board for this. We just got notification that the line-up has changed (no longer with Jay Lane) and the date can only be Sunday, 12/1. Concerns: It being a weeknight and, also, the Sunday after Thanksgiving (many might be travelling, etc.)
(Greg to contact a possible stage/location in Moapa to see if their area can be reserved/camped in.)
More details TBD.
*Upcoming 2020 Officer Nominations/Elections will be happening within the next couple of month’s meetings: October: Nominations, November: Acceptance of Nominations, & December: Elections.
*Hoping to make the Tuesday, November 5th Members’ meeting a ‘TECOPA BRIEFING MEETING’ to get any last minute details regarding the ‘Takeover’ finalized. (More info TBD)
*BBLV gave us a list of the upcoming member-comp tickets: The Motet, Tower of Power, Thievery Corporation, Tauk & Jazz is Phish. (We will ask about Xavier Rudd)
*Discussion of a 20th LVJBS Anniversary Event (which will occur in 2021). Members like the idea of giving out of town, previous Members & Friends’ notice of the event/date of the event, so airfare and time can be requested. Group also thinks a music/camping/festival would make a great anniversary event. More details TBD.
*Thanks to Pres. Greg for arranging the August ‘Friends & Family’ Event at the Aviators’ Baseball Game. We won 18 to 4.
*”THE RUSTY PUTTER”, on East Lake Mead (near Lake Las Vegas and our Adopt-A-Highway spot) had its re-Grand Opening. They have a great stage for music and welcome our Members. Show your VALID LVJBS Membership Card and get 20% off your tab.
Mayor’s report (Jenny M.):
-The Tecopa Takeover is coming along!
-Be on the lookout for the Volunteer calendar.
-More donations have been received and the LVJBS to match-up some donations. Jenny and Megan are going to be on the lookout for additional sponsors. Any ideas? Please get them our way ASAP!
(Thoughts/Ideas: KUNV radio/interview spot, a local news-clip for the non-profit/Keith to chat with the ‘StageHandlers’ Union)
*Wondering if the LVJBS will be supporting the LVJBS Scholarship in the same way it has supported the Lone Woof Rescue. Members and Officers support this and prefer to continue the donations ‘4 the Music’ and less ‘4 the dogs’ (since the Rescue has had recent success with its changed Leadership.) More details TBD.
*Please send any names of bands that the LVJBS would like to have a future event with.
Discussed thoughts: JellyBread, ToManyZooz, Kitchen Dwellers.
Fund Development Chair (Megan B.--absent):
-Scholarship info is going out. Please help spread the word & help get additional Sponsors. Google Form on website.
*Saturday, October 19th will be the DeltaNove Memorial gathering for their drummer, Dominick. The LVJBS wants to send a gift of support and care to his family. More details TBD.
(Those who attend the Memorial in L.A. may want to check out TOOL, the next night’s STAPLES CENTER.)
*(Tentative) ‘Friends & Family Event’ for October: FIRST FRIDAY! Details TBA.
*Next Adopt-a-Highway date will be in October. Date/Time TBD.
*Sept. 5-8: Bender Jamboree @ Hard Rock Hotel
*Sept. 10th: Cake & Ben Folds @ The Joint
*Sept. 11—Xavier Rudd @ BBLV
*Sept. 13th –Eric Clapton @ T*Mobile
*Sept. 13th—David Crosby @ Red Rock Casino
*Sept. 15th—The Doobie Bros @ The Pearl
*Sept. 17th-- Johnny Zig @ The SandDollar
*Sept. 19th—The Higgs @ The SandDollar
*Sept. 21st—Catfish John’s BBQ Bash @ Tatuado WildSide Tavern, Pahrump
*Sept. 21st—10,000 Maniacs @ Cannery North
*Sept. 20-22: Life is Beautiful Festival @ Downtown LV
*Sept. 20-22: iHeart Radio Festival (T*Mobile/MGM Grand/LV Festival Grounds)
*Sept. 27th-- The Easgles @ MGM Grand
*Sept. 28th-- Peter Frampton @ Red Rock Casino
*Sept. 29th —Get the LED out @ BBLV
Next Meeting: Tuesday, Oct. 1st @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill
Meeting adjourned: 8:38 PM
August 6, 2019
Location: Cheba Hut (Sahara/Rainbow)
Meeting Begins: 7:42 PM
In attendance: Greg, JT, Paige, Jessica, Dan, Ian, Megan B., Dave B., Jenny
President’s Report (Greg): “Alrighty!”
*Things are starting to pick-up on musicians contacting us, since the BBLV seems to be slowing down on Jamband bookings. We need to secure a variety of venue locations since the SandDollar has been our ‘direction’ when we’re contacted. (More details in Production Report)
*New Business Cards for Jenny M. & Megan B. are here with ‘write-on’ ability.
*BBLV gave us a list of the upcoming member-comp tickets: George Clinton & P-Funk, Tower of Power, Thievery Corporation, Tauk & Jazz is Phish. (We will ask about Xavier Rudd)
* A new website (perks.com) is a way for groups to get ‘credits’ for using everyday things. It is a link that would go to our website. Unsure if there is a fee, so we will look into it and have a meeting to decide if it would benefit our group.
*The 2nd Quarter SMITH’S give back gave us $29.79.
* *August event: JERRY DAY, The 9th Annual Meet up at the Movies: Giants Stadium, June 17, 1991 will be at select theaters on August 1st. Shown at two theaters this time: Southpoint & Village Square. LVJBS will have 20 tickets to provide to our Members, courtesy of KUNV Radio. This will be for the SOUTHPOINT location.
*Saddles & Spurs (bar, N. Jones & Smoke Ranch) has been hosting the LV Blues Society. They are thinking of having a monthly ‘jam’. A possible meeting would be held there to discuss future events. More details TBD.
*Michael Soli once had a similar Jam-session outside of the House of Blues and another option (via Taylor) at the Starboard Tack (Atlantic/near Sahara)
*Discussion of a possible LVJBS Holiday Party with SHREAD IS DEAD (once played at Hard Rock’s Vinyl) which now has a new line-up: Todd Stoops (RAQ, John K. band), Jay Lane (Ratdog, Primus) & Jay Burwick (RAQ). Greg to meet with The SandDollar’s Jameon to look into costs/details.
Dates: Sun.-Thurs., Dec. 1-5. Thoughts: LVJBS members to get 2 free drink tickets for a raffle and a 50/50 Cash Raffle with proceeds to the LVJBS scholarship fund.
*Pete Pigeon & Arcoda was interested in Sat., 9/14 and now available Wed., 9/18. We spoke with RIO 172, The SandDollar, & BBLV, with no replies. No one in the LVJBS meeting has heard of them.
*Yak Attack (recently played with STS(, Sunsquabi, Joshua Tree Music Fest) and are interested in coming through Las Vegas 10/13-10/26. We will send name/info to the SandDollar first.
-Scholarship info is going out. Please help spread the word. Google Form on website.
-The Tecopa Takeover is coming along! SO far, there are 21 bands/musicians.
-More donations have been received and the LVJBS to match-up some donations.
*Been speaking with ‘FERGUSONS (former hotel) near the downtown project, which has a ‘Grass Ampitheater’, retail shops, outdoor and family-friendly. More info TBA.
*August event: JERRY DAY, The 9th Annual Meet up at the Movies: Giants Stadium, June 17, 1991 will be at select theaters on August 1st. Shown at two theaters this time: Southpoint & Village Square.
*AUGUST 10th, at BBLV: “Prince’s Purple Party’ for kids.
*AUGUST FRIENDS & FAMILY Event: AVIATORS BASEBALL GAME. Wednesday, Aug. 21st @ 7:05pm. $13 tickets for 20 People.
*Aug. 18--George Clinton & P-Funk w/ Fishbone, Dumpstaphunk, Miss Velvet & The Blue Wolf @ BBLV
*Aug. 20—OAR @ House of Blues
*Aug. 28—Morgan Heritage @ BBLV
*Aug. 31: Rebelution @ Mandalay Bay Beach
*Sept. 1: Katchafire w/ EarthKry @ BBLV
*Sept. 27th-- The Easgles @ MGM Grand
*Sept. 28th-- Peter Frampton @ Red Rock Casino
*Sept. 29—Get the LED out @ BBLV
Next Meeting: Tuesday, Sept. 3rd @ either Saddles n’ Spurs OR ChebaHut (Maryland)
July 2, 2019
Meeting Begins: 7:48 PM
In attendance: Greg, JT, Paige, Jessica, Dan, Jimmy C., Megan B.,
President’s Report (Greg): “Alright—Let’s get this thing started, I guess!?”
*Spoke with Matt re: “The Sausage Party” (smoked meats with various events mentioned @ the last Bluegrass Fest, with Matt & Diana Stewart. Mentioned acts: Monk & the Po’Boys and Cubensis). Looking at dates, late September, early October. If not, early Spring 2020.
*Ordering Business Cards for Jenny M. & Megan B., Will be here soon!
*The ‘Scholarship’ email has been created. We are asking others to SHARE it! (Jessica to ask the CCSD High School Counselors to ensure it gets to the CCSD music departments!)
*The website now has a link to an ‘informational page’ to help people better understand our purpose of the ‘Peter Porter Scholarship Fund’, with ease. It will now have a ‘GoogleDocs’ website link, with the ability to keep data records of the scholarship’s additions.
*Our LVJBS sponsored Lone Woof Rescue dog is changing from Ash to Laverne (website to be edited soon.)
*Adopt-A-Highway bag replacements will be picked up at N*Dot this week. They had gone to our sign-location to clean up the mentioned graffiti & noticed the sign was taken off of the post and thrown into the side-brush. The sign is being saved for the LVJBS archive and a new one is being made.
Mayor’s report (Jenny M.-absent):
Color: (submitted by former Mayor Cressy)
*A recommendation by Dustin T., from Austin, TX, might swing by, Aug. 9th:
THE BOURGEOUS MYSTICS.
*The LVJBS’s 20th Anniversary is coming up next October, 2020! Thinking a Spring 2021 event with Dark Star Orchestra or Cubensis. Planning TBD…
-Scholarship info is going out. Please help spread the word.
-The Bichsels give the OC Music Fest ‘two thumbs up’!
-The Tecopa Takeover is coming along! Bands booked thus far: ‘We are the West’, Pitchfork, ‘Out of the Desert’, Knick Knacks, Psychatics, Reeves Bros. (Tickets onsale SOON!)
*Trey Anastasio documentary: “Me & My Mind” group event at Town Square, Wed., July 17th. Details will be posted!
*Friends & Family @ Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas (All Ages) July 20th: Reggae for kids, and August 10th:Prince’s Purple Party for kids.
*Future FRIENDS & FAMILY Event: AVIATORS BASEBALL GAME. More details TBD by Greg. (Looking at September) Lawn Seats are $12. Will look into group rates and select a good date!
*July 10—Moves Collective @ SandDollar
*July 11—Moves Collective @ Gold Mine Tavern (Henderson)
*July 11—Hunter & The Dirty Jacks with Groovesession @ Sand Dollar LV
*July 13—Catfish John @ SadnDollar
*July 17—Toots & The Maytals @ BBLV
*July 20—Brothers Gow @ SandDollar
*July 21--Nathaniel Rtecliff & The Night Sweats @ BBLV
*July 23—Cracker & Camper VanBeethoven @ BBLV
*July 26—The MegaScopes @ SandDollar
*July 27—The Moanin’ Blacksnakes @ SandDollar
*July 28—Streetlight Manifesto @ BBLV
Next Meeting: Tuesday, Aug. 6th @ ChebaHut, Sahara/Rainbow
Meeting adjourned: 8:45 PM