Join us TONIGHT for July's LVJBS Members' Meeting....7:30PM.....
@ Rocky's Bar & Grill.... 8540 Maryland Pkwy (@ Wigwam)
All are welcome! :)
Las Vegas Jam Band Society
Members’ Meeting Minutes
May 3, 2016
Meeting Begins: 7:36pm
Location: Tenaya Creek Brewery
President’s Report (Greg): “Alright—Guess we’ll start this thing—yea?”
· Our ‘Friends & Family’ events have been successful. Thanks, Jessica, for getting this started.
· We have our ALO, after Widespread Panic, late nights confirmed (Saturday/Sunday), at Vinyl, and are selling tickets. Tell your friends!
· The BOOMBOX late night for Friday, late night offer was accepted. If it is a ‘sell –out’ event, we will have a 60/40 split.
Vice President’s Report (Johnnie):
· Wondering if there is a need for a RELIX volunteer table at the Umphrey’s McGee show or not. Email inquiry has been sent. More info and details regarding volunteers TBA.
· The ‘Google Grant’ has been signed up for. This will help our members to ‘stay connected’—similar to the former Yahoo! Group page.
· The website has been updated. Thanks to Tim & Stacey for working on this. Check out the ‘new, fancy’ button-links. (….seems to always be under construction—like our fabulous city!;)
Secretary’s Report (Jessica):
I did my ‘homework’ inquiring about a possible group rate. Fathom Events declined any assistance, and pointed me in the direction of ‘local theaters’. No response.
So, our ‘May’ Friends & Family event will be the ‘6th Annual Grateful Dead’s Annual Meet-up at the Movies’. Movie starts at 7pm. It is 190 minutes in length. It was decided that the group will gather at the SOUTHPOINT’S ‘XD’ Theaters (I-15 and Silverado Ranch). Bring your family & friends!
Show: Sullivan Stadium, Foxboro, MA on 7/2/1989.
Treasurer’s Report (Paige):
· Trying to get ahold of Rae, at the Brooklyn Bowl, to ask about getting a noted list of names of those on our LVJBS comp’d shows list, who are no-shows and have had no luck in responses/emails getting sent back. (We will soon, be removing names of members, who are taking advantage of the ‘lottery’ and not using the tickets, from future drawings.)
· Our 2016 Membership cards are now in! (& they look great! Thanks, Paige!) Paige will always have the box of cards with her/in car at our future events/gatherings, so be sure to ask for your card. They will NOT be mailed out this time. (We are also providing cards to some of our ‘friends’ of the Society, since they are helpful in our endeavors: Max, Erik, Paul, AJ, and the card’s artwork artist, Stephanie.) Be sure to check our website for the list of discounts this card will get you around town!
Mayor’s Report (Justin): ~absent~
Color (via JT): PURPLE RAIN
Production Report (Greg):
· THE JEFF AUSTIN BAND (from Yonder Mtn. String Band) is available Aug. 8-18 or 20-26. Group suggests connecting with the Brooklyn Bowl to ensure more attendance.
· The 10th Annual ‘Jam at the Barn’ in Blue Diamond. Saturday, June 4th. They asked us to assist again in advertising, emails, fliers. Group will be glad to help, yet wonder if they need help with local bands, if we can set up an LVJBS table, and/or have some ticket comps to raffle amongst our members. More details TBA.
· TALIA KEYS (looping-musician--Vegas raised/now in Utah) was suggested by Leslie Evans for Tuesday, May 31st. We mentioned a possible gig with Donzos Cosmos (possibly after an LVJBS meeting, a week early?) More details TBD.
· DUSTY GREENS BONES BAND contacted again for a possible Sept. 20th /21st gig. Group is unsure of the popularity of them and unsure if a weeknight show would have much success. Maybe a future event?
· JOHN KADLECIK BAND may be through Vegas again, Sept. 22-29. Group will contact Vinyl or suggest a Brooklyn Bowl event again.
· THE RAIL SPLITTERS from Boulder, CO (a bluegrass/strings/harmonies) are interested in coming through mid-June, the 15th. Group is unsure about the weeknight show, with summer events taking place.
· THE DAVID NELSON BAND will not take place in early June, as thought. A possible September date may occur. More details TBD.
· Fundraising Report (Kathy):
Have been trying some ideas, with no luck in sales: garage sale and a 50/50 for the Dead Winter Carpenters show. The autographed drumheads that were given to Indigo (via Stella) are now in Kathy’s possession. The next event will be a table at the ALO/Boombox late night events.
· PR Report (Jenny): --absent--
Friends & Family Events:
*May (Jessica): Wednesday, May 11th @ 7pm-- ‘6th Annual Grateful Dead’s Annual Meet-up at the Movies’. Location: ‘Southpoint 16’.
*June (Consalvos): A mid-late June DRIVE-IN MOVIE. Details announced SOON!
*(Upcoming October (Kathy): The LVJBS Dam-Canoe Trip: Sept.30/Oct. 1: More info TBA.)
· (Jessica) CONGRATS to Mr. & Mrs. Bischel (Megan & Dave) on their nuptials this past weekend! The ‘Officiate’. Mr. Tolson did a great job, guests say! J
· (Greg) Contact Greg for a possible campfire wood-burning event at Lake Mead next weekend, May 14 or 15. Details TBD.
· (Indigo) This Thursday night, May 5th, at Tecopa Hot Springs to enjoy the meteor showers & a nice soaking! Contact Indigo if you want to venture with her. firstname.lastname@example.org
· (Jessica) Happy Mother’s Day to all of our LVJBS Mamas out there! J
Next Meeting: (Either: Tuesday, May 31st @ Tenaya Creek Brewery IF a loop-jam event
correlates with the date OR Tuesday, June 7th @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill.)
More info TBD.
Meeting Adjourned: 8:33PM
Mark those calendars for MAY'S LVJBS MEMBERS' MEETING....This Tuesday, May 3rd...7:30pm.
@ Tenaya Creek Brewery---831 W. Bonanza Rd. Las Vegas, 89106
All are welcome!
April 5, 2016
Meeting Begins: 7:45pm
Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill
President’s Report (Greg): “Everything is going smoothly!”
*Been coordinating with Tim, our website manager, who is collaborating with Stacey F., making some cosmetic changes to our website.
John T. is planning on working with Tim, to help with these changes.
*Met with Patrick, at the Brooklyn Bowl, and the initial meeting about the LVJBS’s mission went well.
*Provided a list to Jenny M. of our paid members’ emails, phone numbers, etc.
*A Google-grant (side-note: ‘Grants are good!’) was submitted for additional member support which can help with future marketing, etc. More info and details TBD.
*Currently: 40 ‘couple’ memberships/18 single memberships/few individual month memberships are paid to date.
Our ‘May’ Friends & Family event will be the ‘6th Annual Grateful Dead’s Annual Meet-up at the Movies’. The group’s location will be announced via Wild Apricot/Facebook (many theaters show the movie). Movie starts at 7pm.
*The AmazonSmiles and Smith’s Grocery Store Rewards program information will be sent on to the Fundraising Committee to help advertise their ‘give backs’.
*Information that needs to be sent ‘Twitter’s’ way will be sent to RJ Fuqua to do so.
*The membership-push is now over (month to month payments will occur for future interests).
Mayor’s Report (Justin): Color: Desert Globe Mallow
*Spoke with a member of the LV Blues Society. The mention of a possible, future LVJBS- LVBS music collaboration event was made. More details TBD.
· The Dead Winter Carpenters is now booked at VINYL, at the Hard Rock Hotel, for Wednesday, April 6th @ 8pm. This is a free show. Tell your friends!
· Pirate Fest 2016 will be April 8-10 @ Lorenzi Park. This will be our April Friends & Family Event. The LVJBS has assisted in past years with the ‘loan’ of our Sound Equipment and our ‘sound man’ Dan (giving us $300). They would like to offer us FREE entry into the cardboard Regatta race and a booth to host the LVJBS. The regatta needs a ‘boat captain’ and the table would need to be staffed for the weekend.
Interested? Contact Greg asap: email@example.com
· ALO (Animal Liberation Orchestra) and the venue, Vinyl, have been in collaboration for the late night WSP shows, July 8-10. Original plan was Friday/Saturday, but they have changed their request to Saturday/Sunday. (LVJBS is concerned with late night, weeknight shows, so have suggested being financially ‘in’ for the Saturday show only.) (Boombox, is also a ‘thought’ for the Friday, July 8 (late night)…More details on both bands and which night(s) TBD).
· The Wes Williams Band (friends of Spafford) also showed interest in an after WSP show. Their name was given to Vinyl, as well.
· David Nelson Band were interested in the first weekend of June (Friday-Sunday, June 3-5). Thoughts: Catfish John opener at either Vinyl or the Hideaway. More details TBA.
· We were contacted by email, by Scotty Brown, who works with the DUSTY GREEN BONES BAND, who are interested in a future show, in September. Group suggests looking into the SandDollar. More details TBD.
*An idea was seen at the Greensky Bluegrass show: clear LVJBS stickers on the battery-operated candles would help with lit-up ambience and advertising.
*Upcoming ‘Dead Winter Carpenters’ table will have info cards, T-shirts for sale and a 50/50 donations bucket will be sent around.
· PR Report (Jenny):
*Angus, our LVJBS Lonewoof Rescue supported dog, has been adopted and a new LVJBS sponsorship will be announced.
*Last November, we spoke of a ‘closed’ LVJBS Facebook group, so ONLY the paid LVJBS members would have access. Be on the look out!
*The AIDS/AFAN Walk will be on Sunday, April 17th. It will be our ‘Friends & Family’ event for April. Mark those calendars.
*April (Jenny): AIDS WALK @ Town Square (Sun., April 17th) Details TBD. Contact Jenny M. for additional details.
*May (Jessica): Wednesday, May 11th @ 7pm-- ‘6th Annual Grateful Dead’s Annual Meet-up at the Movies’. Location: TBD
· Our ‘very own’ SHANA BACHMAN is ‘running’ for District Court #13 Judge. The election will be in November 2016. www.shanabachman.com Please join us on Thursday, April 14th at TENAYA CREEK, for a fundraiser feat. Music by PITCHFORK. Check out the Facebook page for more info/details.
· Stay tuned for a CANOE TRIP (an overnight adventure). Join Indigo, Kathy, Fred, Justin, Jenny, and others for this fun Hoover Dam/Hotsprings/Camping adventure. Price approx.: $122/canoe. Date thought: Saturday-Sunday, April 30th/May 1st. (Weekend date may change.) Kathy G. will soon share the confirmed details. Contact her for additional details.
· Discussion of keeping the ‘area51soundtest’.com domain name. We currently pay for the name-hold.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, May 3rd @ Tenaya Creek Brewery
Meeting Adjourned: 9:09 PM
April's Members meeting is tomorrow,
TUESDAY, April 5th @ 7:30pm....
ROCKY'S BAR & GRILL on Maryland Pkwy & Wigwam....
All are welcome! See you there! :)
March 1, 2016
Location: Brooklyn Bowl patio
“Oh, this is going to be an actual meeting? I just realized that….put two and two together.” --D. Bichsel
President’s Report (Greg): “We’re on the right track…”
· Like it’s been said before, the LVJBS supports the music and helps bands and fans find each other when there is a ‘lull’ of sorts.
· The ‘Friends & Family’ events have been a good addition to our goals.
March 26th: Bonnie Springs (2pm-6pm)
(Monk & the Po’ Boys play that evening, so we’ll be sure to advertise for them and try to attend.)
April 8th-10th: PIRATE FEST @ Lorenzi Park
· Things are going great for the updated website. We are able to track membership. We have 57 paid members. There are 6 brand new to the LVJBS members (2 from Pahrump, NV) and 19 of the 2015 members have not yet renewed their memberships.
· For 2016, we are looking for more involvement by all members (helping to promote/giving out LVJBS cards, etc.)
· SLOTZILLA, downtown Las Vegas, has a 10am-2pm, charity event for non-profits, where those who ride it on a certain day/time frame, help give a proceed back to LVJBS. More info and the date TBA.
JD, Lone Woof Rescue, thanks those who went to the “My Furry Valentine” event at the Bass Pro Shoppes last month. It was a successful time. The raffle monies and donations totaled $420 and Angus, our virtual adopted dog, has a great chance of being adopted. J
(The next event will be the ‘Pet-a-Palooza’ event on Saturday, April 9th.)
· AmazonSmiles has helped us to make more money with just a few clicks.
· Smith’s Grocery Stores have a similar program. Fliers were made up and distributed. Simply go to www.smithscommunityrewards.com and create an account. The LVJBS’ organization’s number is 79348 when it’s asked to be entered.
· The RELIX table at the recent Phil Lesh & Friends shows was a success.
· The IRS/non-profit paperwork is now all filed.
Mayor’s Report (Justin): “All seems well. People are happy within the LVJBS.”
Color: SCARLET RED (for our fabulous Runnin’ Rebels)
· Was pleased working the RELIX table with Relix’s Johnny, the table closer.
· Been continuing the promotion of LVJBS with random musicians and music fans by handing out cards and mentioning the website/Facebook page.
· The Higgs, an Orange County band, are still contacting us for a future date. None of our members seem to know their music, so the ‘popularity’ of having this show isn’t happening, as of yet.
· Fundraising Report (Kathy via JT): Still looking into Paul Citone’s photos for our 2017 calendar. Looking into getting more donations of guitars for bands to sign/raffle off. (Indigo has some drumheads, from Stella, to get to Kathy for future raffle prizes.)
Gwen, the owner of a local clothing store (Cheyenne/Lake mead), wants to start advertising on our website. Keep on the lookout for it.
Been thinking that May might be a good time for a ‘Til it’s Gone’ BBQ/Bounce House ‘Friends & Family’ event at a new found location. More details TBD.
*March (Jenny): Family Spring Hike @ BONNIE SPRINGS---Sat., March 26th @ 2pm (Bring the family & friends for some food, drinks, a petting zoo, and pony rides!)
*April (Greg): PIRATE FEST (April 8th-10th)
(LVJBS participation TBA)
· PART-TIME CRIMINALS will be celebrating their CD release party with a show on FRIDAY, MARCH 4th @ the SandDollar. Let’s support our LVJBS member-friends!
· Our ‘very own’ SHANA BACHMAN is ‘running’ for District Court #13 Judge. The election will be in November 2016. www.shanabachman.com Please join us on Thursday, April 7th at TENAYA CREEK, for a fundraiser feat. Music by PITCHFORK. Check out the Facebook page for more info/details.
· Shakey Feelin’ was a good time and many of the members would support them coming back to play for the LVJBS fans.
· October 3rd-13th in ITALY: The Rex benefit, feat. John Kadlecik, Ross James, and friends (….just in case Italian travel is in your Fall future…)
· CATFISH JOHN has been having successes! A possible evening show of Saturday, MARCH 26th @ Beaver Dam (over the AZ border), following the Bonnie Springs daytime event.
· Stay tuned for a CANOE TRIP (an overnight adventure). Join Indigo, Kathy, Fred, Justin, Jenny, and others for this fun Hoover Dam/Hotsprings/Camping adventure. Price approx.: $122/canoe. Date thought: Saturday-Sunday, April 30th/May 1st. Kathy G. will soon share the confirmed details.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, April 5th @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill (Wigwam & Maryland Pkwy)
Tonight's LVJBS Members' Meeting is tonight! (ALL ARE WELCOME!!!)
Tuesday, March 1st (prior to the Galactic Brooklyn Bowl show)
Meeting attendees will meet at the Yardhouse (at the Linq) between 7:00-7:30pm, and the prompt 8pm meeting will take place at the Brooklyn Bowl, once we are gathered and their doors open. Show time for tonight's show is 9pm.
February 2, 2016
President’s Report (Greg): “7:45…Here we go!”
· The Brooklyn Bowl has graciously offered us 10 tickets for our members to use as a ‘raffle’ amongst us for most of their upcoming shows. Much thanks and appreciation to them!
· Our monthly ‘Family & Friends’ events and everything else we are doing seems to be ‘steering our ship’ in a good direction so far this year!
· The home page (on our new website) is not yet switched over. When you go to www.lvjbs.org, the log-in button takes you to the ‘Wild Apricot’ page. It will have a new look: calendar, events, forum. Soon, we will be able to access Yahoo!, Facebook, or the forum, with home page links.
Welcome to your first meeting as an Officer, Mr. Mayor, Justin Gorgun!
· The IRS file is happening soon! The money we have so far for 2016 has been our 15th anniversary shirts and the calendar printing.
· (Jarren Carsey was the winner of the ‘membership raffle’ and contact was made via Facebook, during the meeting.)
· Tim, from the ‘Hippie Livin’ store, has unfortunately closed his shop and we thank him for his LVJBS support.
Mayor’s Report (Justin): Thanks to all for the Mayor vote!
Color: Smaragdine (pronounced: smar-rag-dean & is like an ‘emerald’s green color.’)
· Our ‘virtual dog’ ANGUS (@ Lone Woof Rescue) is in need of adoption. The LVJBS has been donating to his food/shelter needs, but now, Angus is ready for a FURever home. He is great with kids, crate trained, leash trained, and loving. Please share the Facebook post by Greg Serentsis, so we can spread the word and picture of Angus.
· The Dead Winter Carpenters are now interested in early April. They are working with Andrew at Vinyl for a possible future show. More info TBD.
· Planet of the Apps (feat. Gov’t Mule drummer) Matt Apps has a side project and are interested in late spring/early summer. More info TBD.
· Pirate Fest 2016 will be April 8-10 @ Lorenzi Park. The LVJBS has assisted in past years with the ‘loan’ of our Sound Equipment and our ‘sound man’ Dan (giving us $300). They would like to offer us FREE entry into the cardboard Regatta race and a booth to host the LVJBS. The regatta needs a ‘boat captain’ and the table would need to be staffed for the weekend.
· The Dirk Quinn Band contacted us again in regards to a ‘Freako de Mayo’ event and their willingness to play for us. More info TBD.
· We were contacted by Dan Stock, who is a VP of the Easter Seals (non-profit helping children and adults with disabilities). They are working on a daytime music festival (on Saturday, March 26th) with a ‘walk’ afterwards. Their vision is having hourly bands (…their thoughts: Imagine Dragons, some Rock & Roll bands, some R & B bands) More details and any known LVJBS involvement TBD.
· The Higgs, an Orange County band, are looking for a date (possibly a Vinyl show) More info TBD.
· Billy Sunday (who does lighting for Quactus, Brothers Gow), along with the OCJBS are thinking of a Topanga Canyon Camping & Music festival (N. of Los Angeles) with collaboration with the LVJBS.
Their band ideas: Cubensis, Shakey Feelin’, GrooveSession, Moksha
More details TBA.
· Freako de Mayo was brought up. Does the LVJBS want to support this event, on the Thursday (May 5th) PRIOR to the UM Bowl weekend (May 6, 7)?
Thoughts: Having Eminence Ensemble headline might help with the in-town Colorado Umphrey’s McGee fans and can help with advertising. Send any band ideas/contacts Greg’s way: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Fundraising Report (Kathy via JT): We are working with Paul Citone to get photos together for our 2017 calendar. This would be a treat for a single membership! More info TBA.
· PR Report (Jenny): Going to try to mention the ‘1st Tuesday of the Month’ for LVJBS meetings more often. This would help with meeting attendance. Thoughts about the calendars: adding a tag-line with the event/poster name, date, etc. to add to the page. (LVJBS business cards were handed out to have people support the website and possibly join in.)
February: ‘My Furry Valentine’ @ Bass Pro Shops (Greg) to help out with the Lone Woof Rescue. Saturday, Feb. 20th (outside, in the lot, off Blue Diamond) 9am-4pm.
(See open floor for interested business-contacts)
March: Family Spring Hike (Jenny) Dates and details TBA.
· (Jim): asked what had happened to our ‘thought’ New Riders of the Purple Sage show. (The date they wanted, in December, was taken.)
· (JD): Lone Woof Rescue thanks the LVJBS for our support and help/virtually sponsoring Angus. If there are any interested businesses for banner displays/advertisement for the “My Furry Valentine” event on Feb. 20th, please contact JD @ (702) 469-1913.
(The Tropical Pkwy PetCo events need some volunteers for the weekend visits. Please contact JD if you can help out.)
· (Jessica): Don’t forget the Long Beach ‘Love Boat Masquerade Riverboat Crusade’ (hosted by our LVJBS pal BJ Cochran) is Sunday, Feb. 14th from 4pm-9pm.
Bands: The Gumbo Bros., Shakey Feelin’, Dusty Green Bones Bamd, Sea Funk Brass Band, and a special ‘Love Parade’ by members of Delta Nove. Tickets are LIMITED and are going FAST….$40.
· (Jessica): Don’t forget to support Lady Reiko’s new album/single-release party @ Backstage Bar & Billiards this Saturday, Feb. 6th @ 8pm. Only $6.
· (Jenny): T.I.G. (‘Til It’s Gone) BBQ (Sahara & LV Blvd.) is a good spot for a future meeting and some good food. It’s one of our former members, Nemo’s, new business. Thought: April 5th’s Members’ Meeting? More info TBA. (Sara P. has offered to do a free, acoustic after-meeting show, when we support T.I.G. BBQ.
· (Shana): Your ‘very own’ Shana Bachman is ‘running’ for Justice Court #13 Judge. The election will be in November 2016. www.shanabachman.com
· (Greg & Paige) mentioned the Smith’s Food Stores reward card ‘give back’ to local non-profits. Be sure to link up your rewards cards with places that do these great fundraisers! (Amazonsmiles.com, etc.) Simply ASK the places you shop at, online and in-stores!
Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 1st (prior to the Galactic Brooklyn Bowl show) Meeting attendees will meet at the Yardhouse (at the Linq) between 7:00-7:30pm, and the 8pm meeting will take place at the Brooklyn Bowl, once we are gathered and their doors open. Show time for that show is 9pm.
Meeting Adjourned: 9:25PM
LAS VEGAS JAM BAND SOCIETY
January 5, 2016
Meeting Begins: 7:58PM @ Tenaya Creek Brewery
President’s Report (Greg): “I’ll make it quick…don’t have much….status quo once again!”
Happy New Year! Here we go again!
Vice President’s Report (Johnnie): Wanting to ask the Brooklyn Bowl if they would like our help with marketing on our website (with or without the provided comp’d tickets.). After looking at the list of upcoming shows, there’s a possibility of extra GALACTIC or IRATION tickets—the others may have plenty of sales already.
Membership: The 2016 Calendars with photos of past LVJBS posters are here! They look great and are $5. With the paid 2016 yearly membership, members will receive a complimentary one. There will be one calendar for the ‘couples’ memberships. Members must be current in order to qualify for any of the Member-perks (comp’d tickets, etc.)
· $100 for a SINGLE membership (if paid prior March’s members’ meeting)
· $150 for a COUPLES’ membership (living in the same household)
· $60 for a six-month SINGLE membership (Jan.-June or July-Dec.)
Website update: JT has been working with Stacey on its changes. Greg to contact our webmaster, Tim, to get it up and running by Feb. 1st. Thanks for everyone’s help and patience.
Happy New Year!
Congrats to our elected 2016 MAYOR: Mr. Justin Gorgun
Treasurer’s Report (Paige):
*Our Holiday party raffle winner of the 2016 Membership was: JARREN CARSEY
*Similar to ‘Amazonsmmiles.com’, SMITH’S GROCERY STORES offer a portion of their sales to quarterly go back to non-profits, with the use of their ‘savings-card’. Look into this for LVJBS benefits, if you are a Smith’s shopper!
*Please use the WILD APRICOT site to pay online for the annual membership. A check or cash can also be brought to the Members’ Meetings for February or March, if needed.
Mayor’s Report (Justin: absent via Jessica): Color: Gratefully-Cool Cobalt Blue
PRODUCTION REPORT (Greg):
*Been thinking that a CUBENSIS show for the LVJBS is long-overdue. This may make for a decent event at THE HIDEAWAY, or possibly VINYL. More info TBD.
*DEAD WINTER CARPENTERS are looking for a Vegas show on a Wed. or Thurs. in late March/early April. They have been put in contact with Andrew at Vinyl and we can use The Hideaway, as a back-up plan. More info TBD.
*Fundraising Committee (Kathy via JT): No new news. Jessica knows of a Middle School in need of Fine Arts Dept. assistance for any upcoming help from the LVJBS. There may be a raffle for the Dead Winter Carpenters show, if that ends up being scheduled.
Upcoming (non-LVJBS) shows @ Brooklyn Bowl:
Friday, Jan. 8th: Wyclef Jean
Friday, Jan. 15th: Erykah Badu
Sat., Jan. 23rd: Stick Figure
Friday, Jan. 29th: The Motet
Sun., Jan. 31st: Iration
Sat., Feb. 13th: Nahko & Medicine for the People
Fri.-Sun. Feb. 26-27th: Phil Lesh & Friends
Sat., Feb. 27th: Infamous String Dusters (late night)
Sun., Feb. 28th: Phil Lesh & the Terrapin Family Band
Tuesday, March 1st: Galactic
Thursday, March 10th: (rescheduled from Jan. 7) Beck
Sat., March 12th: Gary Clark, Jr.
Fri.-Sun., March 18-20th: String Cheese Incident
*JC has been in contact with SHAKEY FEELIN’ for a possible future gig. More info TBD.
*Members have mentioned PHILOSOPY OF SOUL being another possible good LVJBS show. More info TBD.
*The ‘Sunshine Daydream Riverboat Crusade: This year, the ‘LOVE BOAT’, in Long Beach, on Sunday, Feb. 14th will take sail. Check out online for ticket and music info.
Friends & Family Event for JANUARY: (Mt. Charleston gathering) has been canceled due to heavy-snow and possibility of being overcrowded and unsafe for all vehicles to get there and back. Greg to look into a FEBRUARY ‘Friends & Family Event’ and will mention it on or before the February Members’ Meeting. More details TBA.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, February 2nd @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill on Maryland Pkwy (@ Wigwam).
Meeting Adjourned: 8:36PM