MARCH 2023 LVJBS Meeting Minutes
Date: March 7, 2023
Meeting Start: 7:05 PM
Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill
Attendees: Johnnie T., Paige T., Jessica G., Shannon S., Dan R., Jeffrey T.
Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie):
“Okay, Let’s get started—Let’s make it happen!”
- · A. JT inquiring about the plan to at least ‘break even’ with the upcoming Legends Family Reunion with Cubensis & Pitchfork (band costs, airline flight reimbursements for our first President and First Lady, Rudy & Linda). Greg to discuss this on the LVJBS Team page.
- · B. The SaddlesNSpurs 2nd Sunday event with RedEyeGin has been canceled for the month. Jessica to update the Facebook post and JT to edit the WildApricot event info. (Unsure if we will continue with these promotions).
Item 2: Vice President’s Report/PRODUCTION Report (Greg: absent—notes via Shannon):
- · A. For the upcoming ‘Legends Reunion’ event with CUBENSIS & PITCHFORK, we need to continue that diligent share process and ensure we are sending the info to those who ‘used to’ attend Legends Lounge events so they can plan ahead and attend.
- --The update on the mentioned HIDEAWAY Beautification Committee will be shared to the LVJBS Team page. Mentions: random landscaping pruning, adding some banners/tie-dyes, artificial plants/shrubs, etc. would help the area.
- --Jessica to have some colored posters made for signage/displays from her school’s poster maker.
Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)
- · A. The ‘Peter Porter Scholarship’ through the PEF (Public Education Fund), which we have provided 4 $500 quarterly scholarships to freshman college students who are studying music have been chosen. They will be contacted and informed of their selection in mid-April. The recipients are expected to send the the LVJBS a ‘thank you note’ along with their photo & bio to display on our website. We will be getting a ‘Thank You Note’ to ‘Tecopa Productions for their donation of $500 to our PEF scholarship. (Jessica to mail it.)
- · B. The website needs to be updated to remove the ‘AmazonSmile’ information since that program is no longer in service. They will be sending us the last 4Q payment after the recent $28.87 was sent our way. (JT to edit website)
- · C. Jessica & Paige will be meeting with Louis, from Sunset Park, on March 13th to identify the spot for the upcoming planting of the ‘LVJBS Memorial Tree’. (We will be adding a ‘Virtual Tip Jar’ to help raise the tree’s funding. JT to make WildApricot post & Jessica to share it on Facebook, as well.)
- · D. Still no update on the discussed volunteer program: ‘Best-Crowd-Management’, (We would need to have a 10 person minimum team to complete the needed forms for their required background checks. We currently have 5 signed up. The ‘salary’ of these volunteers would be donated back to the LVJBS as a fundraiser.)
- Please contact Paige Tolson for more info: email@example.com
- · E. There will be no ‘Tecopa Takeover’ at Garage Mahal, in April, as once mentioned.
- · F: Concern of our upcoming ‘Reunion’ event not being able to charge money due to the ‘gaming’ bar. We will be advertising it as a “with your $20 donation, you will get to hear two bands & get 4 ‘raffle tickets’ to enter for great prizes!” We will ensure each guest donates $20 for this event.
- · G: We have Jeremy of JamminOn on board with a future Springtime event for the ‘Howie Green Memorial Fundraiser’. Instead of having a band, we are thinking of a daytime event (12 PM-4:20 PM) filled with various Grateful Dead/Jam band music played on speakers. This will allow us to increase our fundraising for the silent auction-type event. (Howie Green’s daughters are excited for this event & want to be present.)
- (Jessica to speak with Jeremy about this mentioned change since his recent hope was to have Moksha (or like-band) perform.)
- · H: Paige will be sending Shannon our non-profit info so she can share it with her Boss in regards to a possible future Capriotti’s LVJBS Fundraising night. More details TBD.
Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Jessica):
- · A. The Raffle items for the upcoming ‘LVJBS Family Reunion’ will be ready for the event. The baskets/wrap/ribbons have been ordered and Jessica & Paige will gladly get them together for the event.
- · B. Update on the student who ‘won’ the Electric guitar from the school’s fundraiser has shared his recent excitement about getting a new amp & headset for practicing.
- Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Shannon):
- · A. There was a large amount of LVJBS advertising this past WSP weekend. Various LVJBS cards and guitar-pic necklaces were shared. Keep it up!
- · B. Jessica & JT will be collaborating on creating the photo/bio card for Howie Green’s items. This card will be printed with VistaPrints to insert into the Howie-goods!
- · C. COLOR: Periwinkle
- · Jeffrey T. came by at the start of the meeting to share his idea for the TECOPA FIREFIGHTER FUNDARAISER that is happening in Tecopa on Saturday, April 15th. He was hoping they could have a table set up at the Garage Mahal Takeover which ‘was’ planned for Easter weekend, yet this event was recently canceled. (Please contact JFree if you are interested in supporting the Firefighters or attending their 4/15 event.)
- · Ramon inquired via text if there was any update with having HOT BUTTERED RUM play for the LVJBS in the future. Shannon to make contact with HBR to see what their Summer/Fall looks like. More details TBD.
UPCOMING (LVJBS & non-LVJBS) EVENTS:
*Mar. 11th—Jimmy Buffet @ MGM Grand
*Mar. 12th—Janes Addiction @ The Chelsea
*Mar. 14th—Pauly Shore & the Crusty’s @ SandDollar LV
*Mar. 15th—Bonnie Raitt @ Venetian Theater
*Mar. 16th-18th—Ween @ BBLV
*Mar. 18th—Stevie Nicks @ T*Mobile Area
*Mar. 24-25th—John Melancamp @ Wynn Encore
*Mar. 30th—Depeche Mode @ T*Mobile Arena
*April 1st-- Red Hot Chili Peppers (w/ St. Vincent & King Princess) @ Allegiant Stadium
*April 8th—BrownChickenBrown Cow w/ Girl Haggard @ Container Park
*April 8th—The Muse (w/ Evanescence) @ T*Mobile Arena
*April 12th—Gorillaz @ Zappos Theater, Planet Hollywood
*April 15th—LongBeach Dub Allstars @ Oxford 24, Virgin Hotel
*April 29th—Iggy Pop & The Losers @ The Pearl
Meeting adjourned: 8:20 PM
Next Meeting: (second) Tuesday, April 11th @ 7 PM
Location: Crown & Anchor (1350 E. Tropicana Ave.)