DECEMBER 2022 LVJBS Meeting Minutes
Date: December 6, 2022
Meeting Start: 7:05 PM
Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill
Attendees: Johnnie T., Paige T., Jessica G., Greg S., Adam P., Jimmy C., John R., Star H.
Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie):
- · “Thank you to all of the Officers and Committee Heads for their 2022 service and ‘dead’ication!”
- · 2023 Officer Nominations have now ended. Out of the 46 sent ballots, only 22 were completed. (It was mentioned that one of the last email’s links wasn’t linked correctly.)
- · 2023 elected OFFICERS:
- President: John Tolson Vice President: Greg Serensits Treasurer: Paige Tolson Secretary: Jessica Grant Mayor: Shannon Stark
- · LVJBS HOLIDAZE PARTY this Saturday (with 60+ RSVPs):
- Location: SADDLES N SPURS
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 10th (2PM-6PM) Music will start at 2:30 PM with Donzo’s Cozmos with various special guests throughout the afternoon.
- Cost: Free* for Members & Invitees (*donation link/tip jar)
- Menu: Turkey/Dressing, Calzone, Mac & Cheese, Baked Ziti w/ or w/out Meat, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Veggie Tray, and Cornbread.
- Raffle: $5 tickets for various music memorabilia: (4 drawings 3 PM, 4 PM, 5 PM, & 6 PM)
- Contest: Wear your best TieDye gear. Prize will be a ‘gift certificate’ for a JamminOn item. (Price value TBD)
- Gift Bag: The first 50 attendees will receive a Gift Bag with various music memorabilia from Howie Green’s collection.
- · A bass guitar that was given to us by Ian Z. was found to be unrepairable by our tech, K-Dog. Group discussed having it signed by CUBENSIS during our Anniversary event so it can one-day raffled for display use.
- · A FUNDRAISING suggestion sent our way from WOW Carwash. We can choose one of their six locations while we gather and advertise with signs/arrows for passersby to stop & drive through their wash. We would get a percentage/match of their day’s earnings. Group suggests waiting until the spring when weather is warmer. More details TBD.
Item 2: Vice President’s Report (Adam):
Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)
- · A. Party-update: The 50 Holidaze-Gift bags have been made & readied for the guests. A 2022 Officers will get there by 1 PM to help set-up and ready the event (JT, Paige, Adam, Jessica, Greg). Wristbands will be given to those who have RSVP’d for their priority in the food line. Holiday RAFFLE prizes were determined for the 3 PM, 4 PM, 5 PM, & 6 PM drawings (music gift boxes from Howie’s collection.) Raffle Tickets= $5/ea.
- · B. The Peter J. Porter Music Scholarship is now aligned with the PEF (Public Education Fund) applications: https://thepef.org/scholarships-plus.
- As of now, there are two applications in the system ($2k in monies for four $500 scholarships.) More information to be sent our way in January.
- · C. Louis, from Sunset Park, reached out regarding our ‘LVJBS Memorial Tree’. The plaque is now readied, the money was received, yet their concern about planting the tree now (with the 1x/day water restrictions) now has on moving the project to the spring. We have asked for a map from them to determine our preferred location.
- · D. The discussed volunteer program, from ‘Best-Crowd-Management’, needs us to have a 10 person minimum team to complete the needed forms for their required background checks. The ‘salary’ of these volunteers would be donated back to the LVJBS as a fundraiser. Please contact Paige Tolson for more info: email@example.com
Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Jessica)
- · A. Scott Conte’s donated beginner’s Electric guitar was autographed by Scott Rhiner (The Moanin’ Blacksnakes) and has been a successful fundraiser for a local, Middle School Band. ($200+ raised so far) & the drawing for the prize recipient will be done on 12/15.
- Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Greg):
- A. Color: GA PEACH
Item 6: Production Report (Greg):
· A. CUBENSIS has confirmed the Legends Lounge/Grateful Family Reunion for Saturday, March 25th @ The Hideaway. There is a conflict with the recently announce PIRATE FEST event at Craig Ranch Park in regards to their annual use of our SoundSystem and our sound-tech, Dan R. (Phone call made to Dan R. with these comments: We prefer to use our ‘old Legends Lounge’ system since this is an anniversary event. Discussion of priorities were had: We can’t change the date due to flight arrangements being made. Pirate Fest changed their ‘usual’ April date to March. We had our date chosen prior to their recent announcement of the 3/25 & 3/26 weekend. Do we rent one for our event? Utilize Dan R. for our event?) Decisions TBD soon.
Pitchfork will have their own system for their outside-performance.
Greg is going to contact an ol’ LVJBS Pal, David Nelson to see if He would like to join as a possible Pitchfork sit-in (stand-in?) and for a possible jam with Cubensis. More details TBA.
- B. SHAKY FEELIN’ is now confirmed for SATURDAY, JANUARY 28th @ The SandDollar LV.
- · The Memorial service for our longtime supporter & Hippie Thug, Mikey Chase, will be at JamminOn on Sunday, December 11th from 2 PM- 8 PM where MOKSHA will share their music. There is a GoFundMe page set up for his memorial expenses. The LVJBS will donate $50.
- · JT met Richard Waylan, a CA Real Estate Agent, on a recent airplane trip. They spoke of Richard’s power plant building in India and his love for marching bands. He is willing to make purchases of marching band instruments for us to donate to local school, marching band musicians. More info TBD.
- · Keith C. contacted Greg to share info about a funky-fresh NY band, ANNIE IN THE WATER, who were mentioned to him by Pete Mason (PhanArt promotions). Their name has been sent to the SandDollar and mentioned to the LVJBS for a possible future event in our fabulous city.
UPCOMING (LVJBS & non-LVJBS) EVENTS:
*Dec. 6th—Delilah’s Dead @ SandDollar LV
*Dec. 7th—ZZ Top @ The Venetian
*Dec. 10th- Donzo’s Cosmos @ Saddles N Spurs (LVJBS Holidaze Party)
*Dec. 10th—ZZ Top @ The Venetian
*Dec. 10th—The Moanin’ Blacksnakes @ SandDollar LV
*Dec. 11th—Brown Chicken Brown Cow @ Pioneer Saloon
*Dec. 12th—SwayzeCrayze Band @ SandDollar LV
*Dec. 15th- Allman Family Revival w/ Dumpstaphunk @ The Westgate
*Dec. 15th-17th –Social Distortion @ House of Blues
*Dec. 16th—The Unwieldies @ Boulder City Brewery
*Dec. 16th-18th—BLAIR-Fest @ SandDollar Plaza
*Dec. 17th—Catfish John @ SandDollar LV
*Dec. 17th—BrownChickenBrownCow (w/ Wyatt, Swayze, & Rich Wells) @ Gold Mine Tavern
*Dec. 31st—NYE w/ The Shmarties @ SandDollar Plaza
*Jan. 7th—BrownChickenBrownCow @ SandDollar LV
*Jan. 14th –George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic @ The Westgate
*Jan. 14th—Collective Soul @ The Pearl
*Jan. 21st—REO Speedwagon @ The Pearl
*Jan. 21—BrownChickenBrownCow @ Soulbelly BBQ
*Jan. 27 & 28—The Storytellers @ Gilley’s BBQ (Treasure Island)
*Jan. 28th --Shaky Feelin' @ SandDollar LV
*Feb. 10th & 11th –The Black Crowes @ The Pearl
*Feb. 25th—Umphrey’s McGee @ BBLV
*Mar. 3rd-5th—Widespread Panic @ Virgin Theater
*Mar. 4th- The Flaming Lips @ BBLV
Meeting adjourned: 8:33 PM
Next Meeting: Tuesday, January 3rd @ 7 PM
Location: Sporting Life Bar (7770 S. Jones Blvd. @ Sahara)