OCTOBER 2022 LVJBS Meeting Minutes
Date: October 4, 2022
Meeting Start: 7:00 PM
Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill
Attendees: Johnnie T., Paige T., Jessica G., Adam P., Dan R.
Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie):
“Well, let’s get started!”
- · Thank you again to our Volunteers & our Officers, for their service so far this year! J 2023 Officers Nominations will be going out this month with November being the ‘acceptance/denial’ of those Nominations, & December being the Elections for the upcoming year’s offices: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, & Mayor. Be on the lookout for an email to NOMINATE!
- · The TECOPA TAKEOVER will be on Friday 11/11 through Sunday, 11/13. This event will be $100 for the weekend’s events.
- · LVJBS HOLIDAZE PARTY: We are still trying to lock down a venue, a band, & the date.
- THE SPACE—Spoke with Mark.
- *Sat., Dec. 17th OR Sun., Dec. 11th: 5 hours, up to two bands, no video ($1500 with the ‘door money’ to the bar, then an 80-LVJBS/20-bar split after that. (Tix would be 75 sold at $20/ea.) OR $3000 and all the door goes to LVJBS.)
- *No response from Square Bar or Diversified Amusement.
- SADDLES N SPURS
- *Sat., Dec. 10th (2PM-6PM can have ‘our music’ and then, the stage is theirs) We will look into the ability to have LVJBS Holiday foods provided OR what SnS will allow.
- Meeting members prefer the SnS event due to the ‘free’ show and no cost to use venue.
- GARAGE MAHAL awaiting response for date and use.
- · Picking up the plethora of albums, CD’s, posters, music equipment, & memorabilia from Howie Green’s home on Thursday, 10/6. Paige & JT will organize & catalog in into possible raffles/silent auctions, etc. to help raise funds for our Scholarship fund. More details TBA.
- · Scott Conte’s donated beginner’s Electric guitar will be autographed by Scott Rhiner (The Moanin’ Blacksnakes) and given to a school/student in need. Jessica to speak with her school’s band to see if they have a use for it OR possibly would want to hold a school wide raffle for the chance to ‘win’ the Guitar and starter-materials. More info TBA.
Item 2: Vice President’s Report (Adam):
- · ShakyFeelin’ was a great time!
- · Reminder of the upcoming ‘Nirvana’ tribute band (Smells Like Nirvana) that will be at The SpaceLV on Oct. 16th ($20 in case anyone’s interested. They are great!)
Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)
- · A. We provided the $1k to the Tecopa Takeover event, the needed $500 to ShakyFeelin’, & sent the check to the Parks & Rec for the Memorial tree:
B. Discussed the recent updates/research on the discussed ‘Las Vegas Jam Band Society Memorial Tree’ $500 to designate & plant our own ‘tree’ at a Las Vegas park of our choice. The tree will have a provided name plate/plaque & we will aim for a quarterly ‘Drum Circle’ at the tree to help maintain it, as needed:
Las Vegas Jam Band Society’s Memorial Tree
In Honor of our Family & Friends
- · C. We will be providing a $250 VISA Gift Card or Delta Airline Gift Card to our former LVJBS Officer, Dan. R., in memory of his late wife, Donna.
- · D. PAY YOUR DUES! J
Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Jessica)
- · A. Thanks to those volunteers that helped with our last LVJBS ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY on SUNDAY, 9/11.
- Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Greg via text):
A. Color: GOLD
Item 6: Production Report (Greg via text):
· A. Reached out to ANGEL PARK regarding the previously mentioned LVJBS Golf outing on either 11/5 or 11/6, with possible music afterwards.
· B. Was contacted by CUBENSIS regarding the previously discussed Legends Lounge/Grateful Family Reunion. (We think the spring event would be best, yet Cubensis is looking for a November date due to an AZ date of 11/5 falling through: The SandDollar is booked—They shared offers plus lodging/meals.) Discussed the concerns or the possible Angel Park Golf Outing being on 11/5 daytime & the ‘Grateful Dead Meet-up at the Movies’ being on 11/5 afternoon and the busy Tecopa happening directly after. (Meeting members are aiming for the original spring-MARCH date instead.)
- · Please remember the VARIETY-SHOW-type-SIDE-STAGE event (at Tecopa) where it would be an interactive, fun display of talents (e.g. jugglers, comedians, dancers, etc.) & please continue to spread the word of that fun, connecting Jfree with those interested artists.
- · Dan R. & Jessica G. discussed the recently edited Bylaws & are interested in being nominated for the LVJBS SHAMEN for 2023. More details and info at the November meeting. ;)
- · GRATEFUL DEAD ‘MEET-UP AT THE MOVIES’ will be showing the DENMARK, 4/17/72 show. This event will be at three local cinemas on TUESDAY, Nov. 1st, 7/7:30 PM evening shows OR SATURDAY, Nov. 5th, 3 PM. Matinee show.
- (Century SouthPoint @ 7:30 PM, Regal Village Square @ 7 PM, or Century Santa Fe @ 7:30 PM).
- LVJBS will be making an event for the REGAL VILLAGE SQUARE, 7 PM, Tuesday, 11/1 &/OR the 3 PM show on Saturday, 11/5. More details to be posted to our website/Facebook page soon!
UPCOMING (LVJBS & non-LVJBS) EVENTS:
*Oct. 6th--The Soul Juice Band @ SantaFe Station
*Oct. 7th—Eddie Vedder & the Crusaders @ Park MGM
*Oct. 7th—The Soul Juice Band @ Sunset Station
*Oct. 7th-9th—Reggae Rise Up @ Downtown LV
*Oct. 8th—BrownChickenBrownCow @ The Backyard Bar
*Oct. 10th—GWAR @ BBLV
*Oct. 12th—The Movement @ Virgin Lawn
*Oct. 14th & 15th—The Storytellers @ Gilley’s
*Oct. 16th—The StoryTellers @ Pioneer Saloon
*Oct. 16th—Smells Like Nirvana @ The Space
*Oct. 15th—The Soul Juice Band @ Santa Fe Station
*Oct. 15th—Bonobo @ Area 15
*Oct. 20th—The Soul Juice Band @ Santa Fe Station
*Oct. 22nd—BrownChickenBrownCow @ Gold Mine Tavern
*Oct. 28th—The Soul Juice Band @ Sunset Station
*Oct. 28th—FOALS @ BBLV
*Oct. 28th & Oct. 29th—Bob Weir & The Wolf Bros. @ Virgin Theater
*Oct. 29th-- Mike Campbell & the Dirty Knobs @ House of Blues
*Oct. 30 & 31st—Duran Duran @ The Wynn
*Nov. 12th—AwolNation @ BBLV
*Nov. 20th—Big Head Todd & The Monsters @ BBLV
Meeting adjourned: 7:42 PM
Next Meeting: (3rd) Tuesday, November 8th @ 7 PM (due to the GD Movie Meet-up)
Location: 595 Craft & Kitchen (4950 S. Rainbow @ Tropicana)