LAS VEGAS JAM BAND SOCIETY
Members’ Meeting Minutes
November 8, 2016
Meeting Begins: 7:40PM @ Rocky’s
President’s Report (Greg): “On this ‘eventful’ Election Day, …wahn wahn wahn”
*Our LVJBS Officer Election process usually begins in October. We kept with the ‘LVJBS-fashion’ of having some delay…. The nominations for the 2017 Officers will begin, soon, online and go through the Friday after Thanksgiving, Nov. 25th. Please check out our Social Media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Wild Apricot) for the nomination process. The December meeting will have the Officer Elections.
*We were lucky and thankful to get an email from Christy (known via the Brooklyn Bowl), the day before the Phish shows. There were a section of available tickets for each night of the MGM shows. To avoid chaotic hassle of finding out who needed tickets, Greg allotted a handful of tickets to a few Officers to upgrade their seat, or to give away to members and friends of LVJBS to enjoy! On behalf of the LVJBS, thanks so much for thinking of us!!!
Vice President’s Report (John): Looking forward to the Tecopa Weekend. The RELIX table volunteers for the Halloween Brooklyn Bowl shows did a great job. Thanks to the Tolsons, new LVJBS fan, Justin, Jenny M, & Justin G. for their help! J
Secretary’s Report (Jessica):
*Welcome to a new Las Vegan & LVJBS supporter, Regina,—from Seattle, WA.
*Ready for the Tecopa fun. I will be getting the LVJBS donated basket together for the Tecopa Raffle fundraiser! It will have a few LVJBS T-shirts and a voucher for an upcoming LVJBS event (up to a $50 value w/ some exclusions)
Treasurer’s Report (Paige):
We made $11.74 from our ‘give back’ program with the Smith’s Rewards Card. We have cut a check to support the Tecopa Takeover 4, as discussed. Our poster collection donation will be taken care of around the Holidays.
Mayor’s Report (Justin): ~absent~
…via Greg & Paige….
COLOR: ‘Cubby Blue’
Membership Committee (JT): We’ve been looking into raising funds for a ClubHouse for the LVJBS. This would be a place to host our meetings and be a place to provide training for music entrepreneurs/music lessons, etc. We want to show the ways we can be a help to the community of musicians and music fans. Our online donation page has raised $750 so far.
Archive Committee (Kathy): The yellow bin with the LVJBS archive/posters/T-shirts, etc. has now been moved to new storage. An extra key will be given to another Officer in case something needs to be retrieved, etc.
PRODUCTION REPORT (Greg):
*We have confirmed our plan for the Holiday LVJBS Party. Confirmed location is THE HIDEAWAY, for Saturday, Dec. 17th. Mike Mangan’s Organ Trio & Friends, with Jellybread are confirmed for the music. We will have a ‘gift exchange’ (number pull) for the festivities and find out about any pot luck/dessert bar allowance. More details TBA
*John Perry Barlow (Grateful Dead songwriter) is going through some tough medical battles and we are hoping to have an event with David Nelson to help raise some proceeds to help ‘Send January 2017 into Good Health’. More details TBD.
*The Able Baker Brewery event at the Hard Rock Café, over Halloween weekend went well. Manos was grateful to the LVJBS for the support.
*The Hard Rock Café, Paradise location was recently purchased from the Hard Rock Hotel, for their after the New Year expansion & will be CLOSING on 12/31/16. We looked into having Particle (who helped celebrate its opening) into performing for their ‘closing’. Particle already had a deal in New York City, so had to decline. We are looking into having ‘Moksha’ to close out the Hard Rock Café’s memories. More details TBA.
*MELVIN SEALS & the TERRAPIN FLYER @ Top Golf LV, on Saturday, Nov. 19th.
*RAILROAD EARTH was booked for the Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas on Tues., Feb. 28th.
*Max, on behalf of Top Golf, is working with the LVJBS on a possible ‘sponsor fee’ where the LVJBS can get donations, per show, for helping to advertise their events. This is something we may look into instead of ‘sending the donation hat around’ at these events.
*Our website domain www.lvjbs.org is once again up for renewal. Group decided to renew for another 2 year renewal.
Adopt-A-Highway’s next clean-up date will be in January. Two date options will be given to members to decide which morning would work better for more attendance: Sunday, Jan. 8th or Sunday, Jan. 29th. More details TBD.
Friends & Family Event:
*NOVEMBER’S event is the TECOPA TAKEOVER: November 11th-13th.
*DECEMBER’s event is the DECEMBER Holiday LVJBS Party on Dec. 17th.
(A possibility of another, more kid-friendly event, as well.)
*JANUARY’s event will be a Drive-in Movie. Location and date TBA by Greg.
*FEBRUARY’s event will be a Bowling night. Location and date TBA by Kathy.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 6th @ Tenaya Creek Brewery
** Meeting Adjourned: 8:55PM
Las Vegas Jam Band Society
October 4, 2016
Meeting Begins: 7:37 PM
Location: Tenaya Creek Brewery
President’s Report (Greg):
“What’s up, Everybody?”
This report will be ‘short & sweet’….Everything is ‘status quo’ in LVJBS world!
(Still awaiting confirmation on the Holiday party location—most likely Sat., Dec. 17th, yet, still confirming!)
Vice President’s Report (Johnnie):
· Met with a city-developer in regards to the ‘grant’ (non-profit/arts collaboration). They are in the preliminary stages for a 2017 (June) festival with bands (on Jackson Ave.) and activities. We decided to help ‘point’ bands in their direction, as they go further. More info TBD.
· The 2017 LVJBS Members’ Calendar is ready to be printed. The pictures are courtesy of photographer, Paul Citone. The Tuesday meetings will be ‘reminders’ on each Tuesday of the month dates.
Secretary’s Report (Jessica):
· It was nice turning this month’s calendar page to the ‘Soundtest 3D’ poster-pic.
· Thanks to those who helped out at the Adopt-A-Highway clean-up on Sept. 18th. It only took 1.5 hours and was a fun time.
(nothing to report)
Mayor’s Report (Justin): ~absent~
Color (via VP): Pumpkin Haze
Production Report (Greg):
· Saturday, November 19th: Melvin Seals & the Terrapin Flyers are available. The Hard Rock Café venues are already booked, so we can look into The HideAway Lounge or possibly Binion’s Rooftop (if heaters are available) or Top Golf. We will give an offer or possibly a percentage of the door. More details TBD.
· Johnny from RELIX magazine came to us for Halloween weekend RELIX table help at the Brooklyn Bowl. We will ask officers and, then, open up the volunteer spots to members. (It is important that responsible volunteers follow through with these spots, to avoid any future concerns with LVJBS.)
· Fundraising Report (Kathy): ~absent~
· PR Report (Jenny): ~absent~
Friends & Family Events:
November: Tecopa Takeover, Nov. 11-13.
December: LVJBS Holiday Party. Date: Saturday, Dec. 17th. Possible Bands: JellyBread and Mike Mangan’s Big Organ Trio. Location: The HideAway Lounge. (Confirmed details TBA)
· James Manos, a bartender from the Hard Rock Live, has offered the LVJBS entrance to an event on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28th, 3pm-6pm, prior to the Phish-show at the MGM. It’s a launch party to his (& his partner’s) new brewery. ABLE BAKER BREWING CO. With registration online, LVJBS friends & family can get entrance to the Hard Rock Live, to sample different beers and snacks. Look for the flier, created by Manos, on our LVJBS Facebook page for registration details. J
· The TECOPA TAKEOVER event-planning is going great! November 11th (4:20pm start) through Nov. 13th (@ 2:30pm). All 3 days will have music and fun (Yoga/Horseshoe tournament, etc.). The event will end at 2:30pm, on that Sunday. RAFFLE donations are being collected, to help raise monies for future ‘takeovers’. Please contact Jeffrey Trower if any goods/services can be donated. The LVJBS will provide some cash to help with band-fees and a raffle basket of posters/T-shirts/gift cards, etc.
· The presentation of the 2015 FUNKY COWBELL AWARD was presented by JFree/N.O.I.S.E. to Jessica Grant (yay me!) for community help and music appreciation! (Thanks, Guys!) J
Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 8th (*Second Tuesday! Come on by after you vote! @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill
Meeting Adjourned: 8:55PM
September 6, 2016
Meeting Begins: 7:58PM
Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill
President’s Report (Greg): “Phish was great…Colorado comfort; Good ‘ol Dick’s!”
· Been looking at the upcoming Brooklyn Bowl schedule and there seems to be 4 shows for the available lotto through November: Dumstaphunk 9/15, The Soul Rebel Show Band 9/28, Dweezil Zappa 10/2, & Big Sam’s Funky Nation 10/12.
· Currently have 85 paid members with a total of 146 ‘family/friends of’ Wild Apricot connections.
· GRANT OPPORTUNITY: Meeting on Thursday, Sept. 8th, with Lorenzo of the City of Las Vegas Planning Dept. The city is looking to ‘partner’ with local, non-profits on an ‘arts’ grant. Only 25% of submissions get approval. They are looking into non-profits who can help revitalize the west-side’s Jackson Ave. Our proposal would be to ‘use a depressed property’ as an LVJBS Clubhouse, where musicians can be trained, lighting and sound techs can be trained, and a place to hold our monthly meetings. More info to be shared after the Thursday meeting.
Secretary’s Report (Jessica): No new news--Will be sending the information, via Facebook evite, for an upcoming ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY clean-up morning. Date: Sunday, Sept. 18th…….Mark your calendars!
· The ‘give back’ checks from Smith’s and AmazonSmiles have come in this month. Over $13, just for using their ‘rewards cards’ and noting LVJBS as the non-profit.
· The past ALO show had merchandise/LVJBS table sales, which helped ‘balance’ out the earnings for attendance.
Color: RED, WHITE, & BLUES BENDER
· Dead Winter Carpenters will not be in town on 9/15. They will contact us ontheir next go-around.
· The Higgs (pals of OCJBS, a San Diego jam band) will play a Tuesday, October 25th, Hard Rock Café, Paradise, show.
· JellyBread contacted us with some possible dates. We may utilize them for our LVJBS Holiday party. More details TBA.
· The Dirk Quinn Band has contacted us for any ‘possible’ Freako de mayo event and wants to be on our radar.
· Mike Mangan Trio are available. We may have them collaborate with JellyBread for the Holiday event, if so. More details TBA.
· Fundraising Report (Kathy): JT looking into a new 2017 calendar, so it is available in January. Paul Citone is kindly sending some LVJBS photos our way, to help us with the calendar pages. Also, the suggestion of labeling the ‘first Tuesday LVJBS meetings’ for each month will help with meeting attendance. (The 2016 extras will be given out until they are gone.)
(Greg to reach out to other members, for additional help in getting our ‘social media’ advertising out to members/our Facebook page. Any volunteers, please let him know! Thanks to those who do so already!)
Friends & Family Events: The Sept./Oct. canoe-event was canceled. Greg to look into a swimming hole/car drive-up access campfire event for late Sept./early Oct.
December: LVJBS Holiday Party. Date: Saturday, Dec. 17th. Possible Bands: JellyBread and Mike Mangan’s Big Organ Trio. Location: The HideAway Lounge. (Confirmed details TBA)
· Greg made contact with David Gans (Grateful Dead Radio Hour on Sirius/XM23) and ended up calling into the ‘live’ show, speaking of the LVJBS and the Las Vegas music scene.
· Welcome to new member and music lover, Craig Kunitz!
Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 4th @ Tenaya Creek Brewery
Meeting Adjourned: 9:05PM
August 15, 2016
Meeting Begins: 8:48 PM
Location: Cashman Field Party Zone
President’s Report (Greg): “Hey! Bye Cosmo (51’s Mascot)….We’re meeting in the Party Zone!”
· Short meeting. Basically want to get everyone’s take on the October Phish-aftershows. We would be competing with Brooklyn Bowl’s and House of Blues’ shows.
· The Hard Rock Café has offered a $3,500 room charge for the Café or for Vinyl if we want to hold anything. Concerns are the need for volunteers and the competition had with the other aftershows.
· (Pink Talking Fish were once interested, yet, now their Friday and Saturday is booked in Denver.) Discussion of any interest in a Sunday aftershow was had. Group feels the volunteer issue would be a concern, since many of our members are interested in the currently booked aftershows.
(Max A. discussed the thoughts of TOP GOLF and/or RUMOR possibly hosting aftershows, as well.)
· The Dead Winter Carpenters are doing a FREE show at the Hard Rock Café, Paradise, on Thursday, Sept. 15th. They are looking for host(s) to help them with a room for the evening. If able, please contact Greg.
(This does conflict with Dumpstaphunk (w/ Jazz Mafia) at the Brooklyn Bowl.)
· The Higgs (San Diego band) are interested in a possible Tuesday, October 25th show. More details TBD.
The LVJBS has given one, last 2016 raffle donation to the Lone Woof Rescue for their LVCS event on Aug. 20th. It was a container filled with a PetCo $25 gift card, an LVJBS T-short, dog toy and treats.
Treasurer’s Report (Paige):
Mayor’s Report (Justin):
Color: 51’s Royal Blue
(see President’s Report)
*(Upcoming Sept./October: The LVJBS Dam-Canoe Trip: Sept.30/Oct. 1: More info online/contact Indigo/Kathy.)
· Thanks for coming down to the ‘Friends & Family’ 51s game event, Everyone!
Next Meeting: Tuesday, Sept. 5th @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill
Meeting Adjourned: 9:00PM
July 5, 2016
Meeting Begins: 7:50PM @ Rocky’s
President’s Report (Greg): “Okay, this is it…”
Recently spoke with Darcy & Glaucco @ Hard Rock Live regarding shows and possible future shows. Discussion of the 7-9 shows we had in the past year(s). The attendance and the money-loss is something we are not too ‘proud’ of (mainly due to weeknight events/not all members supporting unknown traveling-through musicians). Discussion of what their venue is looking for (i.e. a musical atmosphere for dining/bar patrons to enjoy while at the Hard Rock Café OR a huge monetary profit from the door sales) was had. The discussion of other ‘competing’ music businesses/venues was had, which is providing a musical home for many touring bands. (The venue did take Greg’s suggestion of creating food/drink menus which relate to the theme of the band(s) playing at The Joint, which seem to be popular with tourists/music fans prior and after listening to the music next door.)
Vice President’s Report (John):
The lotteries for the complementary/raffled tickets for the Mandalay Bay Beach concerts and the Widespread Panic shows are now over. The next ‘registration’ will be for UB40. Check Wild Apricot emails for more information.
It is important that all ‘winners’ know to NOT question any employees at the ticket windows, in regards to their names on the list/alternate winners, etc. They have NO knowledge of these lottos and it gets too confusing. Please contact JT or Greg if concerns/questions are had with the registered raffles.
Thanks to those who covered for the June’s meeting/minute help.
The 2016 ‘Membership Cards’ are almost all handed out. As of now, Tenaya Creek Brewery, is giving 10% off when it’s shown. A future listing of other businesses/deals will be on our website once known.
Question regarding the money handling for the event and when to handle business with Andrew at the Hard Rock Café was had. Andrew will touch base with us after the weekend and only Officers will handle any monies.
….reported via text by Jessica….
COLOR: Mango Tango Orange
The after-party tables for the Boombox and ALO (night one) will be set up by Paige and Kathy. Jessica will relieve and ‘break’ the volunteers, as needed.
*Tim Reynolds & TR3 are looking to play Vegas on Friday, November 4th. Members seem positive with this booking, so we will move forward. More info TBD.
*Mike Mangan’s Big Organ Trio has contacted us again and wants to enjoy an LVJBS atmosphere once again, this time with his drummer now living nearby! Thinking a connection with the Tecopa Takeover crew may be a good idea. More details TBD.
*John Kadlecik Band (JKB) has no more updates on their interest in playing Las Vegas. More details TBD.
*Paul Citone contacted us in regards to his friend, PETE PIGEON (from Denver) having a CD release party and his band may come through town to share it. More details TBD.
*The Jeff Austin Band contacted us with some August dates. Due to the past lack of attendance at the late summer shows, we are passing this time around.
UPCOMING LATE NIGHTS--starting after 11:30pm:
*Boombox, Friday, July 8th @ Vinyl
*ALO two-nights, Saturday and Sunday, July 9 & 10 @ Vinyl
*Toad the Wet Sprocket & Rusted Root, Monday, July 11th @ The Brooklyn Bowl
*Moksha with The Lique, Thursday, July 21st @ Vinyl.
*Delta Nove, Thursday, July 21st @ Top Golf (details TBA).
*Icycle Tricycles (Grateful Dead covers), Thursday, July 28th @ Saddle & Spurs
*UB40, Saturday, July 30th @ Mandalay Bay Beach
*Claypool/Lennon Delirium, Sunday, July 31st @ The Brooklyn Bowl
*Rebelution, JBoog, & Stick Figure, Thursday, August 18th @ Mandalay Bay Beach
*Michael Franti & Spearhead, Friday, August 26th @ The Brooklyn Bowl
JULY’S….we are looking for any LVJBS members or friends, with CHILDREN, to pick the date, organize and plan/advertise the July event at KISS MINI-GOLF (at the Rio). Nevada locals are only $9.95/round of 18 holes and there is NO fee to enter and follow the golfers. (Also, check Groupon for deals!).
**Anyone who can help out, please select the date/time, getting the information to our VP, John Tolson, so the LVJBS can assist with its advertising, as well.
AUGUST’S…..held right after our August Members’ Meeting (see below for details)
Monday, AUGUST 15th: 51s Baseball game night vs. the New Orleans Zephyrs. We will be seated in the PARTY ZONE, with the Monday-night $1 snack-size snacks. The pricing is $17.50/person. Be on the ‘lookout’ for more details and information! Tell your ‘friends & family’ to “MARK THEIR CALENDARS”!!! J
SEPTEMBER’S/OCTOBER’S event will be the Canoe adventure at Willow Beach (discussed at the June meeting), Sept. 30-Oct. 2. Permits and reservations are needed, so contact Kathy G. (702)336-5637 with further questions.
NOVEMBER’S event is the TECOPA TAKEOVER on Veteran’s Day weekend:
November 11-13. Information on camping/lodging is on our Wild Apricot page or by contacting Mr. or Mrs. Bichsel.
**MONDAY, August 15th, PRIOR to the 51s Baseball ‘Friends & Family Night’ game. The meeting will start at 6:15pm, prior to the 7:05pm game start. We will meet in the grassy area, near the lower parking lot.
Meeting Adjourned: 8:58PM
Join us TONIGHT for July's LVJBS Members' Meeting....7:30PM.....
@ Rocky's Bar & Grill.... 8540 Maryland Pkwy (@ Wigwam)
All are welcome! :)
May 3, 2016
Meeting Begins: 7:36pm
President’s Report (Greg): “Alright—Guess we’ll start this thing—yea?”
· Our ‘Friends & Family’ events have been successful. Thanks, Jessica, for getting this started.
· We have our ALO, after Widespread Panic, late nights confirmed (Saturday/Sunday), at Vinyl, and are selling tickets. Tell your friends!
· The BOOMBOX late night for Friday, late night offer was accepted. If it is a ‘sell –out’ event, we will have a 60/40 split.
· Wondering if there is a need for a RELIX volunteer table at the Umphrey’s McGee show or not. Email inquiry has been sent. More info and details regarding volunteers TBA.
· The ‘Google Grant’ has been signed up for. This will help our members to ‘stay connected’—similar to the former Yahoo! Group page.
· The website has been updated. Thanks to Tim & Stacey for working on this. Check out the ‘new, fancy’ button-links. (….seems to always be under construction—like our fabulous city!;)
I did my ‘homework’ inquiring about a possible group rate. Fathom Events declined any assistance, and pointed me in the direction of ‘local theaters’. No response.
So, our ‘May’ Friends & Family event will be the ‘6th Annual Grateful Dead’s Annual Meet-up at the Movies’. Movie starts at 7pm. It is 190 minutes in length. It was decided that the group will gather at the SOUTHPOINT’S ‘XD’ Theaters (I-15 and Silverado Ranch). Bring your family & friends!
Show: Sullivan Stadium, Foxboro, MA on 7/2/1989.
· Trying to get ahold of Rae, at the Brooklyn Bowl, to ask about getting a noted list of names of those on our LVJBS comp’d shows list, who are no-shows and have had no luck in responses/emails getting sent back. (We will soon, be removing names of members, who are taking advantage of the ‘lottery’ and not using the tickets, from future drawings.)
· Our 2016 Membership cards are now in! (& they look great! Thanks, Paige!) Paige will always have the box of cards with her/in car at our future events/gatherings, so be sure to ask for your card. They will NOT be mailed out this time. (We are also providing cards to some of our ‘friends’ of the Society, since they are helpful in our endeavors: Max, Erik, Paul, AJ, and the card’s artwork artist, Stephanie.) Be sure to check our website for the list of discounts this card will get you around town!
Color (via JT): PURPLE RAIN
· THE JEFF AUSTIN BAND (from Yonder Mtn. String Band) is available Aug. 8-18 or 20-26. Group suggests connecting with the Brooklyn Bowl to ensure more attendance.
· The 10th Annual ‘Jam at the Barn’ in Blue Diamond. Saturday, June 4th. They asked us to assist again in advertising, emails, fliers. Group will be glad to help, yet wonder if they need help with local bands, if we can set up an LVJBS table, and/or have some ticket comps to raffle amongst our members. More details TBA.
· TALIA KEYS (looping-musician--Vegas raised/now in Utah) was suggested by Leslie Evans for Tuesday, May 31st. We mentioned a possible gig with Donzos Cosmos (possibly after an LVJBS meeting, a week early?) More details TBD.
· DUSTY GREENS BONES BAND contacted again for a possible Sept. 20th /21st gig. Group is unsure of the popularity of them and unsure if a weeknight show would have much success. Maybe a future event?
· JOHN KADLECIK BAND may be through Vegas again, Sept. 22-29. Group will contact Vinyl or suggest a Brooklyn Bowl event again.
· THE RAIL SPLITTERS from Boulder, CO (a bluegrass/strings/harmonies) are interested in coming through mid-June, the 15th. Group is unsure about the weeknight show, with summer events taking place.
· THE DAVID NELSON BAND will not take place in early June, as thought. A possible September date may occur. More details TBD.
· Fundraising Report (Kathy):
Have been trying some ideas, with no luck in sales: garage sale and a 50/50 for the Dead Winter Carpenters show. The autographed drumheads that were given to Indigo (via Stella) are now in Kathy’s possession. The next event will be a table at the ALO/Boombox late night events.
· PR Report (Jenny): --absent--
*May (Jessica): Wednesday, May 11th @ 7pm-- ‘6th Annual Grateful Dead’s Annual Meet-up at the Movies’. Location: ‘Southpoint 16’.
*June (Consalvos): A mid-late June DRIVE-IN MOVIE. Details announced SOON!
*(Upcoming October (Kathy): The LVJBS Dam-Canoe Trip: Sept.30/Oct. 1: More info TBA.)
· (Jessica) CONGRATS to Mr. & Mrs. Bischel (Megan & Dave) on their nuptials this past weekend! The ‘Officiate’. Mr. Tolson did a great job, guests say! J
· (Greg) Contact Greg for a possible campfire wood-burning event at Lake Mead next weekend, May 14 or 15. Details TBD.
· (Indigo) This Thursday night, May 5th, at Tecopa Hot Springs to enjoy the meteor showers & a nice soaking! Contact Indigo if you want to venture with her. email@example.com
· (Jessica) Happy Mother’s Day to all of our LVJBS Mamas out there! J
Next Meeting: (Either: Tuesday, May 31st @ Tenaya Creek Brewery IF a loop-jam event
correlates with the date OR Tuesday, June 7th @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill.)
More info TBD.
Meeting Adjourned: 8:33PM
Mark those calendars for MAY'S LVJBS MEMBERS' MEETING....This Tuesday, May 3rd...7:30pm.
@ Tenaya Creek Brewery---831 W. Bonanza Rd. Las Vegas, 89106
All are welcome!
April 5, 2016
Meeting Begins: 7:45pm
President’s Report (Greg): “Everything is going smoothly!”
*Been coordinating with Tim, our website manager, who is collaborating with Stacey F., making some cosmetic changes to our website.
John T. is planning on working with Tim, to help with these changes.
*Met with Patrick, at the Brooklyn Bowl, and the initial meeting about the LVJBS’s mission went well.
*Provided a list to Jenny M. of our paid members’ emails, phone numbers, etc.
*A Google-grant (side-note: ‘Grants are good!’) was submitted for additional member support which can help with future marketing, etc. More info and details TBD.
*Currently: 40 ‘couple’ memberships/18 single memberships/few individual month memberships are paid to date.
Our ‘May’ Friends & Family event will be the ‘6th Annual Grateful Dead’s Annual Meet-up at the Movies’. The group’s location will be announced via Wild Apricot/Facebook (many theaters show the movie). Movie starts at 7pm.
*The AmazonSmiles and Smith’s Grocery Store Rewards program information will be sent on to the Fundraising Committee to help advertise their ‘give backs’.
*Information that needs to be sent ‘Twitter’s’ way will be sent to RJ Fuqua to do so.
*The membership-push is now over (month to month payments will occur for future interests).
Mayor’s Report (Justin): Color: Desert Globe Mallow
*Spoke with a member of the LV Blues Society. The mention of a possible, future LVJBS- LVBS music collaboration event was made. More details TBD.
· The Dead Winter Carpenters is now booked at VINYL, at the Hard Rock Hotel, for Wednesday, April 6th @ 8pm. This is a free show. Tell your friends!
· Pirate Fest 2016 will be April 8-10 @ Lorenzi Park. This will be our April Friends & Family Event. The LVJBS has assisted in past years with the ‘loan’ of our Sound Equipment and our ‘sound man’ Dan (giving us $300). They would like to offer us FREE entry into the cardboard Regatta race and a booth to host the LVJBS. The regatta needs a ‘boat captain’ and the table would need to be staffed for the weekend.
Interested? Contact Greg asap: firstname.lastname@example.org
· ALO (Animal Liberation Orchestra) and the venue, Vinyl, have been in collaboration for the late night WSP shows, July 8-10. Original plan was Friday/Saturday, but they have changed their request to Saturday/Sunday. (LVJBS is concerned with late night, weeknight shows, so have suggested being financially ‘in’ for the Saturday show only.) (Boombox, is also a ‘thought’ for the Friday, July 8 (late night)…More details on both bands and which night(s) TBD).
· The Wes Williams Band (friends of Spafford) also showed interest in an after WSP show. Their name was given to Vinyl, as well.
· David Nelson Band were interested in the first weekend of June (Friday-Sunday, June 3-5). Thoughts: Catfish John opener at either Vinyl or the Hideaway. More details TBA.
· We were contacted by email, by Scotty Brown, who works with the DUSTY GREEN BONES BAND, who are interested in a future show, in September. Group suggests looking into the SandDollar. More details TBD.
*An idea was seen at the Greensky Bluegrass show: clear LVJBS stickers on the battery-operated candles would help with lit-up ambience and advertising.
*Upcoming ‘Dead Winter Carpenters’ table will have info cards, T-shirts for sale and a 50/50 donations bucket will be sent around.
· PR Report (Jenny):
*Angus, our LVJBS Lonewoof Rescue supported dog, has been adopted and a new LVJBS sponsorship will be announced.
*Last November, we spoke of a ‘closed’ LVJBS Facebook group, so ONLY the paid LVJBS members would have access. Be on the look out!
*The AIDS/AFAN Walk will be on Sunday, April 17th. It will be our ‘Friends & Family’ event for April. Mark those calendars.
*April (Jenny): AIDS WALK @ Town Square (Sun., April 17th) Details TBD. Contact Jenny M. for additional details.
*May (Jessica): Wednesday, May 11th @ 7pm-- ‘6th Annual Grateful Dead’s Annual Meet-up at the Movies’. Location: TBD
· Our ‘very own’ SHANA BACHMAN is ‘running’ for District Court #13 Judge. The election will be in November 2016. www.shanabachman.com Please join us on Thursday, April 14th at TENAYA CREEK, for a fundraiser feat. Music by PITCHFORK. Check out the Facebook page for more info/details.
· Stay tuned for a CANOE TRIP (an overnight adventure). Join Indigo, Kathy, Fred, Justin, Jenny, and others for this fun Hoover Dam/Hotsprings/Camping adventure. Price approx.: $122/canoe. Date thought: Saturday-Sunday, April 30th/May 1st. (Weekend date may change.) Kathy G. will soon share the confirmed details. Contact her for additional details.
· Discussion of keeping the ‘area51soundtest’.com domain name. We currently pay for the name-hold.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, May 3rd @ Tenaya Creek Brewery
Meeting Adjourned: 9:09 PM