Las Vegas Jam Band Society
Members’ Meeting Minutes
April 5, 2016
Meeting Begins: 7:45pm
Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill
President’s Report (Greg): “Everything is going smoothly!”
*Been coordinating with Tim, our website manager, who is collaborating with Stacey F., making some cosmetic changes to our website.
John T. is planning on working with Tim, to help with these changes.
*Met with Patrick, at the Brooklyn Bowl, and the initial meeting about the LVJBS’s mission went well.
Vice President’s Report (Johnnie):
*Provided a list to Jenny M. of our paid members’ emails, phone numbers, etc.
*A Google-grant (side-note: ‘Grants are good!’) was submitted for additional member support which can help with future marketing, etc. More info and details TBD.
*Currently: 40 ‘couple’ memberships/18 single memberships/few individual month memberships are paid to date.
Secretary’s Report (Jessica):
Our ‘May’ Friends & Family event will be the ‘6th Annual Grateful Dead’s Annual Meet-up at the Movies’. The group’s location will be announced via Wild Apricot/Facebook (many theaters show the movie). Movie starts at 7pm.
Show: Sullivan Stadium, Foxboro, MA on 7/2/1989.
Treasurer’s Report (Paige):
*The AmazonSmiles and Smith’s Grocery Store Rewards program information will be sent on to the Fundraising Committee to help advertise their ‘give backs’.
*Information that needs to be sent ‘Twitter’s’ way will be sent to RJ Fuqua to do so.
*The membership-push is now over (month to month payments will occur for future interests).
Mayor’s Report (Justin): Color: Desert Globe Mallow
*Spoke with a member of the LV Blues Society. The mention of a possible, future LVJBS- LVBS music collaboration event was made. More details TBD.
Production Report (Greg):
· The Dead Winter Carpenters is now booked at VINYL, at the Hard Rock Hotel, for Wednesday, April 6th @ 8pm. This is a free show. Tell your friends!
· Pirate Fest 2016 will be April 8-10 @ Lorenzi Park. This will be our April Friends & Family Event. The LVJBS has assisted in past years with the ‘loan’ of our Sound Equipment and our ‘sound man’ Dan (giving us $300). They would like to offer us FREE entry into the cardboard Regatta race and a booth to host the LVJBS. The regatta needs a ‘boat captain’ and the table would need to be staffed for the weekend.
Interested? Contact Greg asap: email@example.com
· ALO (Animal Liberation Orchestra) and the venue, Vinyl, have been in collaboration for the late night WSP shows, July 8-10. Original plan was Friday/Saturday, but they have changed their request to Saturday/Sunday. (LVJBS is concerned with late night, weeknight shows, so have suggested being financially ‘in’ for the Saturday show only.) (Boombox, is also a ‘thought’ for the Friday, July 8 (late night)…More details on both bands and which night(s) TBD).
· The Wes Williams Band (friends of Spafford) also showed interest in an after WSP show. Their name was given to Vinyl, as well.
· David Nelson Band were interested in the first weekend of June (Friday-Sunday, June 3-5). Thoughts: Catfish John opener at either Vinyl or the Hideaway. More details TBA.
· We were contacted by email, by Scotty Brown, who works with the DUSTY GREEN BONES BAND, who are interested in a future show, in September. Group suggests looking into the SandDollar. More details TBD.
· Fundraising Report (Kathy):
*An idea was seen at the Greensky Bluegrass show: clear LVJBS stickers on the battery-operated candles would help with lit-up ambience and advertising.
*Upcoming ‘Dead Winter Carpenters’ table will have info cards, T-shirts for sale and a 50/50 donations bucket will be sent around.
· PR Report (Jenny):
*Angus, our LVJBS Lonewoof Rescue supported dog, has been adopted and a new LVJBS sponsorship will be announced.
*Last November, we spoke of a ‘closed’ LVJBS Facebook group, so ONLY the paid LVJBS members would have access. Be on the look out!
*The AIDS/AFAN Walk will be on Sunday, April 17th. It will be our ‘Friends & Family’ event for April. Mark those calendars.
Friends & Family Events:
*April (Jenny): AIDS WALK @ Town Square (Sun., April 17th) Details TBD. Contact Jenny M. for additional details.
*May (Jessica): Wednesday, May 11th @ 7pm-- ‘6th Annual Grateful Dead’s Annual Meet-up at the Movies’. Location: TBD
· Our ‘very own’ SHANA BACHMAN is ‘running’ for District Court #13 Judge. The election will be in November 2016. www.shanabachman.com Please join us on Thursday, April 14th at TENAYA CREEK, for a fundraiser feat. Music by PITCHFORK. Check out the Facebook page for more info/details.
· Stay tuned for a CANOE TRIP (an overnight adventure). Join Indigo, Kathy, Fred, Justin, Jenny, and others for this fun Hoover Dam/Hotsprings/Camping adventure. Price approx.: $122/canoe. Date thought: Saturday-Sunday, April 30th/May 1st. (Weekend date may change.) Kathy G. will soon share the confirmed details. Contact her for additional details.
· Discussion of keeping the ‘area51soundtest’.com domain name. We currently pay for the name-hold.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, May 3rd @ Tenaya Creek Brewery
Meeting Adjourned: 9:09 PM
April's Members meeting is tomorrow,
TUESDAY, April 5th @ 7:30pm....
ROCKY'S BAR & GRILL on Maryland Pkwy & Wigwam....
All are welcome! See you there! :)
March 1, 2016
Location: Brooklyn Bowl patio
“Oh, this is going to be an actual meeting? I just realized that….put two and two together.” --D. Bichsel
President’s Report (Greg): “We’re on the right track…”
· Like it’s been said before, the LVJBS supports the music and helps bands and fans find each other when there is a ‘lull’ of sorts.
· The ‘Friends & Family’ events have been a good addition to our goals.
March 26th: Bonnie Springs (2pm-6pm)
(Monk & the Po’ Boys play that evening, so we’ll be sure to advertise for them and try to attend.)
April 8th-10th: PIRATE FEST @ Lorenzi Park
· Things are going great for the updated website. We are able to track membership. We have 57 paid members. There are 6 brand new to the LVJBS members (2 from Pahrump, NV) and 19 of the 2015 members have not yet renewed their memberships.
· For 2016, we are looking for more involvement by all members (helping to promote/giving out LVJBS cards, etc.)
· SLOTZILLA, downtown Las Vegas, has a 10am-2pm, charity event for non-profits, where those who ride it on a certain day/time frame, help give a proceed back to LVJBS. More info and the date TBA.
JD, Lone Woof Rescue, thanks those who went to the “My Furry Valentine” event at the Bass Pro Shoppes last month. It was a successful time. The raffle monies and donations totaled $420 and Angus, our virtual adopted dog, has a great chance of being adopted. J
(The next event will be the ‘Pet-a-Palooza’ event on Saturday, April 9th.)
· AmazonSmiles has helped us to make more money with just a few clicks.
· Smith’s Grocery Stores have a similar program. Fliers were made up and distributed. Simply go to www.smithscommunityrewards.com and create an account. The LVJBS’ organization’s number is 79348 when it’s asked to be entered.
· The RELIX table at the recent Phil Lesh & Friends shows was a success.
· The IRS/non-profit paperwork is now all filed.
Mayor’s Report (Justin): “All seems well. People are happy within the LVJBS.”
Color: SCARLET RED (for our fabulous Runnin’ Rebels)
· Was pleased working the RELIX table with Relix’s Johnny, the table closer.
· Been continuing the promotion of LVJBS with random musicians and music fans by handing out cards and mentioning the website/Facebook page.
· The Higgs, an Orange County band, are still contacting us for a future date. None of our members seem to know their music, so the ‘popularity’ of having this show isn’t happening, as of yet.
· Fundraising Report (Kathy via JT): Still looking into Paul Citone’s photos for our 2017 calendar. Looking into getting more donations of guitars for bands to sign/raffle off. (Indigo has some drumheads, from Stella, to get to Kathy for future raffle prizes.)
Gwen, the owner of a local clothing store (Cheyenne/Lake mead), wants to start advertising on our website. Keep on the lookout for it.
Been thinking that May might be a good time for a ‘Til it’s Gone’ BBQ/Bounce House ‘Friends & Family’ event at a new found location. More details TBD.
*March (Jenny): Family Spring Hike @ BONNIE SPRINGS---Sat., March 26th @ 2pm (Bring the family & friends for some food, drinks, a petting zoo, and pony rides!)
*April (Greg): PIRATE FEST (April 8th-10th)
(LVJBS participation TBA)
· PART-TIME CRIMINALS will be celebrating their CD release party with a show on FRIDAY, MARCH 4th @ the SandDollar. Let’s support our LVJBS member-friends!
· Our ‘very own’ SHANA BACHMAN is ‘running’ for District Court #13 Judge. The election will be in November 2016. www.shanabachman.com Please join us on Thursday, April 7th at TENAYA CREEK, for a fundraiser feat. Music by PITCHFORK. Check out the Facebook page for more info/details.
· Shakey Feelin’ was a good time and many of the members would support them coming back to play for the LVJBS fans.
· October 3rd-13th in ITALY: The Rex benefit, feat. John Kadlecik, Ross James, and friends (….just in case Italian travel is in your Fall future…)
· CATFISH JOHN has been having successes! A possible evening show of Saturday, MARCH 26th @ Beaver Dam (over the AZ border), following the Bonnie Springs daytime event.
· Stay tuned for a CANOE TRIP (an overnight adventure). Join Indigo, Kathy, Fred, Justin, Jenny, and others for this fun Hoover Dam/Hotsprings/Camping adventure. Price approx.: $122/canoe. Date thought: Saturday-Sunday, April 30th/May 1st. Kathy G. will soon share the confirmed details.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, April 5th @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill (Wigwam & Maryland Pkwy)
Tonight's LVJBS Members' Meeting is tonight! (ALL ARE WELCOME!!!)
Tuesday, March 1st (prior to the Galactic Brooklyn Bowl show)
Meeting attendees will meet at the Yardhouse (at the Linq) between 7:00-7:30pm, and the prompt 8pm meeting will take place at the Brooklyn Bowl, once we are gathered and their doors open. Show time for tonight's show is 9pm.
February 2, 2016
President’s Report (Greg): “7:45…Here we go!”
· The Brooklyn Bowl has graciously offered us 10 tickets for our members to use as a ‘raffle’ amongst us for most of their upcoming shows. Much thanks and appreciation to them!
· Our monthly ‘Family & Friends’ events and everything else we are doing seems to be ‘steering our ship’ in a good direction so far this year!
· The home page (on our new website) is not yet switched over. When you go to www.lvjbs.org, the log-in button takes you to the ‘Wild Apricot’ page. It will have a new look: calendar, events, forum. Soon, we will be able to access Yahoo!, Facebook, or the forum, with home page links.
Welcome to your first meeting as an Officer, Mr. Mayor, Justin Gorgun!
· The IRS file is happening soon! The money we have so far for 2016 has been our 15th anniversary shirts and the calendar printing.
· (Jarren Carsey was the winner of the ‘membership raffle’ and contact was made via Facebook, during the meeting.)
· Tim, from the ‘Hippie Livin’ store, has unfortunately closed his shop and we thank him for his LVJBS support.
Mayor’s Report (Justin): Thanks to all for the Mayor vote!
Color: Smaragdine (pronounced: smar-rag-dean & is like an ‘emerald’s green color.’)
· Our ‘virtual dog’ ANGUS (@ Lone Woof Rescue) is in need of adoption. The LVJBS has been donating to his food/shelter needs, but now, Angus is ready for a FURever home. He is great with kids, crate trained, leash trained, and loving. Please share the Facebook post by Greg Serentsis, so we can spread the word and picture of Angus.
· The Dead Winter Carpenters are now interested in early April. They are working with Andrew at Vinyl for a possible future show. More info TBD.
· Planet of the Apps (feat. Gov’t Mule drummer) Matt Apps has a side project and are interested in late spring/early summer. More info TBD.
· Pirate Fest 2016 will be April 8-10 @ Lorenzi Park. The LVJBS has assisted in past years with the ‘loan’ of our Sound Equipment and our ‘sound man’ Dan (giving us $300). They would like to offer us FREE entry into the cardboard Regatta race and a booth to host the LVJBS. The regatta needs a ‘boat captain’ and the table would need to be staffed for the weekend.
· The Dirk Quinn Band contacted us again in regards to a ‘Freako de Mayo’ event and their willingness to play for us. More info TBD.
· We were contacted by Dan Stock, who is a VP of the Easter Seals (non-profit helping children and adults with disabilities). They are working on a daytime music festival (on Saturday, March 26th) with a ‘walk’ afterwards. Their vision is having hourly bands (…their thoughts: Imagine Dragons, some Rock & Roll bands, some R & B bands) More details and any known LVJBS involvement TBD.
· The Higgs, an Orange County band, are looking for a date (possibly a Vinyl show) More info TBD.
· Billy Sunday (who does lighting for Quactus, Brothers Gow), along with the OCJBS are thinking of a Topanga Canyon Camping & Music festival (N. of Los Angeles) with collaboration with the LVJBS.
Their band ideas: Cubensis, Shakey Feelin’, GrooveSession, Moksha
More details TBA.
· Freako de Mayo was brought up. Does the LVJBS want to support this event, on the Thursday (May 5th) PRIOR to the UM Bowl weekend (May 6, 7)?
Thoughts: Having Eminence Ensemble headline might help with the in-town Colorado Umphrey’s McGee fans and can help with advertising. Send any band ideas/contacts Greg’s way: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Fundraising Report (Kathy via JT): We are working with Paul Citone to get photos together for our 2017 calendar. This would be a treat for a single membership! More info TBA.
· PR Report (Jenny): Going to try to mention the ‘1st Tuesday of the Month’ for LVJBS meetings more often. This would help with meeting attendance. Thoughts about the calendars: adding a tag-line with the event/poster name, date, etc. to add to the page. (LVJBS business cards were handed out to have people support the website and possibly join in.)
February: ‘My Furry Valentine’ @ Bass Pro Shops (Greg) to help out with the Lone Woof Rescue. Saturday, Feb. 20th (outside, in the lot, off Blue Diamond) 9am-4pm.
(See open floor for interested business-contacts)
March: Family Spring Hike (Jenny) Dates and details TBA.
· (Jim): asked what had happened to our ‘thought’ New Riders of the Purple Sage show. (The date they wanted, in December, was taken.)
· (JD): Lone Woof Rescue thanks the LVJBS for our support and help/virtually sponsoring Angus. If there are any interested businesses for banner displays/advertisement for the “My Furry Valentine” event on Feb. 20th, please contact JD @ (702) 469-1913.
(The Tropical Pkwy PetCo events need some volunteers for the weekend visits. Please contact JD if you can help out.)
· (Jessica): Don’t forget the Long Beach ‘Love Boat Masquerade Riverboat Crusade’ (hosted by our LVJBS pal BJ Cochran) is Sunday, Feb. 14th from 4pm-9pm.
Bands: The Gumbo Bros., Shakey Feelin’, Dusty Green Bones Bamd, Sea Funk Brass Band, and a special ‘Love Parade’ by members of Delta Nove. Tickets are LIMITED and are going FAST….$40.
· (Jessica): Don’t forget to support Lady Reiko’s new album/single-release party @ Backstage Bar & Billiards this Saturday, Feb. 6th @ 8pm. Only $6.
· (Jenny): T.I.G. (‘Til It’s Gone) BBQ (Sahara & LV Blvd.) is a good spot for a future meeting and some good food. It’s one of our former members, Nemo’s, new business. Thought: April 5th’s Members’ Meeting? More info TBA. (Sara P. has offered to do a free, acoustic after-meeting show, when we support T.I.G. BBQ.
· (Shana): Your ‘very own’ Shana Bachman is ‘running’ for Justice Court #13 Judge. The election will be in November 2016. www.shanabachman.com
· (Greg & Paige) mentioned the Smith’s Food Stores reward card ‘give back’ to local non-profits. Be sure to link up your rewards cards with places that do these great fundraisers! (Amazonsmiles.com, etc.) Simply ASK the places you shop at, online and in-stores!
Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 1st (prior to the Galactic Brooklyn Bowl show) Meeting attendees will meet at the Yardhouse (at the Linq) between 7:00-7:30pm, and the 8pm meeting will take place at the Brooklyn Bowl, once we are gathered and their doors open. Show time for that show is 9pm.
Meeting Adjourned: 9:25PM
LAS VEGAS JAM BAND SOCIETY
January 5, 2016
Meeting Begins: 7:58PM @ Tenaya Creek Brewery
President’s Report (Greg): “I’ll make it quick…don’t have much….status quo once again!”
Happy New Year! Here we go again!
Vice President’s Report (Johnnie): Wanting to ask the Brooklyn Bowl if they would like our help with marketing on our website (with or without the provided comp’d tickets.). After looking at the list of upcoming shows, there’s a possibility of extra GALACTIC or IRATION tickets—the others may have plenty of sales already.
Membership: The 2016 Calendars with photos of past LVJBS posters are here! They look great and are $5. With the paid 2016 yearly membership, members will receive a complimentary one. There will be one calendar for the ‘couples’ memberships. Members must be current in order to qualify for any of the Member-perks (comp’d tickets, etc.)
· $100 for a SINGLE membership (if paid prior March’s members’ meeting)
· $150 for a COUPLES’ membership (living in the same household)
· $60 for a six-month SINGLE membership (Jan.-June or July-Dec.)
Website update: JT has been working with Stacey on its changes. Greg to contact our webmaster, Tim, to get it up and running by Feb. 1st. Thanks for everyone’s help and patience.
Happy New Year!
Congrats to our elected 2016 MAYOR: Mr. Justin Gorgun
Treasurer’s Report (Paige):
*Our Holiday party raffle winner of the 2016 Membership was: JARREN CARSEY
*Similar to ‘Amazonsmmiles.com’, SMITH’S GROCERY STORES offer a portion of their sales to quarterly go back to non-profits, with the use of their ‘savings-card’. Look into this for LVJBS benefits, if you are a Smith’s shopper!
*Please use the WILD APRICOT site to pay online for the annual membership. A check or cash can also be brought to the Members’ Meetings for February or March, if needed.
Mayor’s Report (Justin: absent via Jessica): Color: Gratefully-Cool Cobalt Blue
PRODUCTION REPORT (Greg):
*Been thinking that a CUBENSIS show for the LVJBS is long-overdue. This may make for a decent event at THE HIDEAWAY, or possibly VINYL. More info TBD.
*DEAD WINTER CARPENTERS are looking for a Vegas show on a Wed. or Thurs. in late March/early April. They have been put in contact with Andrew at Vinyl and we can use The Hideaway, as a back-up plan. More info TBD.
*Fundraising Committee (Kathy via JT): No new news. Jessica knows of a Middle School in need of Fine Arts Dept. assistance for any upcoming help from the LVJBS. There may be a raffle for the Dead Winter Carpenters show, if that ends up being scheduled.
Upcoming (non-LVJBS) shows @ Brooklyn Bowl:
Friday, Jan. 8th: Wyclef Jean
Friday, Jan. 15th: Erykah Badu
Sat., Jan. 23rd: Stick Figure
Friday, Jan. 29th: The Motet
Sun., Jan. 31st: Iration
Sat., Feb. 13th: Nahko & Medicine for the People
Fri.-Sun. Feb. 26-27th: Phil Lesh & Friends
Sat., Feb. 27th: Infamous String Dusters (late night)
Sun., Feb. 28th: Phil Lesh & the Terrapin Family Band
Tuesday, March 1st: Galactic
Thursday, March 10th: (rescheduled from Jan. 7) Beck
Sat., March 12th: Gary Clark, Jr.
Fri.-Sun., March 18-20th: String Cheese Incident
*JC has been in contact with SHAKEY FEELIN’ for a possible future gig. More info TBD.
*Members have mentioned PHILOSOPY OF SOUL being another possible good LVJBS show. More info TBD.
*The ‘Sunshine Daydream Riverboat Crusade: This year, the ‘LOVE BOAT’, in Long Beach, on Sunday, Feb. 14th will take sail. Check out online for ticket and music info.
Friends & Family Event for JANUARY: (Mt. Charleston gathering) has been canceled due to heavy-snow and possibility of being overcrowded and unsafe for all vehicles to get there and back. Greg to look into a FEBRUARY ‘Friends & Family Event’ and will mention it on or before the February Members’ Meeting. More details TBA.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, February 2nd @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill on Maryland Pkwy (@ Wigwam).
Meeting Adjourned: 8:36PM
December 1, 2015
Meeting Begins: 7:45PM @ Rocky’s
President’s Report (Greg):
“Keeping things going for 2016!”
In 2015, we’ve been:
Having ‘LVJBS Friends & Family’ monthly events, have been grateful for our ‘Brooklyn Bowl’ connection with our free tickets for members-raffle, our Hard Rock Café/Live connection, and have been working with the Hard Rock Hotel and their ‘VINYL’ shows now, along with supporting the community with our ‘Adopt-a-Highway’ clean-ups and support to the ‘Lone Woof Rescue’.
**(SPAFFORD wants to return in February. Thoughts were the $10 cover may have been a ‘concern’….please support these shows, members! It’s less than a price of a beverage at most places....)
Future Vinyl-mentioned shows: DELTA NOVE or SHAKEY FEELIN’
*& we plan on having NO ISIS MEMBERS for 2016!
Vice President’s Report (Kathy):
Last weekend was awesome! Glad to see JT recovering well from his recent procedure! While JT is ‘out of the 2016 office’, former VP, Kathy G., will ‘proxy’ and fill-in for any Vice President duties until his return. This year has been enjoyable and the ‘Friends & Family’ connections that the LVJBS has had with the community has been lovely!
Secretary’s Report (Jessica):
Thanks to Kathy, Fred for assisting me with the ‘fall’ ‘Adopt-a-Highway’ clean-up on November 22nd. (& thanks to Ellen for stopping by—yet, we had already tied up our bags and left!) Be sure to RSVP on the Facebook event-page for attendance, so the group knows to contact or wait for any late-helpers! J
It’s been a great year of music and the community help and support feels good! J I’ll continue my Secretarial duties for 2016. I will continue my goal of posting the meeting minutes, within 48 hours of the meeting (yet, within one week, being the latest!)
*We’ve made $8.05 with the ‘AmazonSmiles’ non-profit support-return program. It’s simple to use. Just go to www.amazonsmiles.com for the SAME amazon.com pages, but select Las Vegas Jam Band Society for a portion of all sales, returning our way!
*We will have a table set up to sell our 15th anniversary T-shirts at the Holiday party. They make great gifts! ;)
Mayor’s Report (Frobi): ~absent~
(*helping his son, Desert, with a school project)
reported by Jessica
COLOR: DESERT SAND
It’s been a good year of music! Looking forward to 2016.
Fundraising Committee(Kathy/JT via Paige):
*The 2016, 15th anniversary calendars will be here at the end of December. All new members will get a free calendar with their paid dues (if paid by the end of January.)
(MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS: $10/month, $100/one-person’s yearly membership --if paid by February’s Members’ Meeting, or the $150/live-together couple’s yearly membership--- if paid by February’s Members’ Meeting.)
*The ¾ guitar is being looked at so it can be playable and then raffled-off.
*Thoughts for the Holiday party/Delta Nove show: Having a donation/raffle ticket combo-deal, to help give back to the band.
PRODUCTION REPORT (GREG):
*Delta Nove, Saturday, Dec. 12th will be our Holiday party @ The HideAway.
Brooklyn Bowl (website supported) shows:
Joe Russo’s Almost Dead—Friday, December 11th
The Motet—January 29th
Hard Rock (website supported) shows:
(None at this time….Check out their website!)
*HawkWind @ LVCS, Dec. 12 & 13
*The next ‘Sunshine Daydream Masquerade Crusade’ AKA the Long Beach BOAT party will be on Valentine’s Day, Sunday, Feb 14th, with the 15th being a Holiday: President’s Day! (Come celebrate our Secretary’s Birthday (mine!) on the water, with your loved ones!) J ….more details TBD…
*Happy for our Brooklyn Bowl donated tickets, yet we will be making changes to the comp-list, for any missed shows which one registers for. One ‘missed’ show can happen (emergencies only please—there are alternates on the will call list, if known prior to 3pm, day of show, so the music can be enjoyed by another!) and please note: members will be taken off the request-list if any other comp’d-shows are missed. In order to return to the ticket-request process, a $20 donation must be given to the LVJBS.
2016 OFFICERS VOTE:
President: Greg (elected)
VP: Johnnie (elected)
Treasurer: Paige (elected)
Secretary: Jessica (elected)
Mayor: Justin G. & Jenny M.
(*Members voted for ‘Mayor’ by paper ballot—results were tied. The 2016 Mayor will be announced prior to, or at, the January 2016 meeting.)
--Online voting to be sent out soon to help ‘break the tie’.
--Only PAID 2015 Members can place a vote.
**Kurt (declined the Mayor-nomination due to the possible Tuesday night absences that could occur; yet, gives thanks for the nomination.)
**Jenny will be collecting BLANKETS, TOWELS, PILLOWS, and/or DOG FOOD BAGS as our contribution to the Lone Woof Rescue dogs for the cold, holiday months. Please contact her via our Facebook page or email for easy pick-up & be sure to tell your friends: email@example.com (*Remember: donations are tax-deductable and ‘tis the season!)
DECEMBER: Friends & Family Event: (Officers)
2015 LVJBS Holiday Party @ the HideAway (3369 Thom Blvd.) with our Long Beach pals, DELTA NOVE. Saturday, December 12th @ 9pm. Check out the Facebook invite for more details.
JANUARY: Friends & Family Event: (Greg)
“Sittin’ by the Fire on the Mountain”--Saturday, January 16th @ 11am. Mark those calendars and let’s go enjoy the cold, winter & hot fire, and warm beverages, in LEE CANYON, just past Mt. Charleston. Final details to be announced soon!
Next Meeting: Tuesday, January 5th @ ‘the new’ Tenaya Creek Brewery, Downtown, 831 W. Bonanza Rd. (*near D. Street and MLK)
Meeting Adjourned: 9:05 PM
November 3, 2015
Meeting Begins: 7:47PM @ Rocky’s
President’s Report (Greg): “Let’s do this thing!”
The 2016 Nominations for LVJBS Offices are being made tonight. One nomination one made online via Wild Apricot. The rest will be done tonight.
We were able to secure THE HIDEAWAY for our LVJBS Holiday party on Saturday, Dec. 12th and Delta Nove has confirmed their attendance. We will give them cash and ask for Holiday donations to give them for their ventures. (Jimmy C. gave his side-review of the D’Nove Xmas album, the hot peanut sauce at Rocky’s, and the ‘Breaking Benjammin & Shinedown….)
We foresee a few more shows for 2016 at the Hard Rock Café & Hard Rock Live venues. More info TBA.
Vice President’s Report (Kathy): See you at the Tecopa Takeover!
Last month’s ‘Adopt-a-Highway’ clean-up plan was canceled on Oct. 18th due to the flooded weather. The new date is SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22nd @ 9am. Please tell your friends. The more helpers, the quicker it takes! J
Treasurer’s Report (Paige): The money donation to Tecopa’s SILENT DISCO was sent. We will have T-shirts for sale and the LVJBS banner will be up.
Fundraising Committee(Kathy): The discussed 15th Anniversary calendar can be made for under $4/ea. Instead of the recently discussed self-made calendar, we have decided to go with this company. We will have them readied by Dec. 15th. The calendar will go from Dec. 2015 to Jan. 2016, with various LVJBS event posters as the artwork.
We are looking into having an LVJBS Sponsorship package for various businesses to donate and have ads on our website and displayed at our events. We figure if the 10 people (approx.) that frequent our monthly meetings each found 5 sponsors, this will be an easy way to add to the current list of sponsors. Discussion of possible sponsors: Brooklyn Bowl, Hard Rock Live, Hard Rock Café, The Dispensary, Rocky’s.
PR Report (Jenny):
*The Newsletter has been looking great and is a great way to keep up with current info.
*The interaction of the former Yahoo! Group has been missed by many. Discussion of having a ‘closed’ MEMBERS ONLY Facebook page was had. This will be looked into further. De
*Please consider donating blankets, dog food, and pillows to JD and the Lone Woof Rescue since the weather is getting cold. Look for the upcoming email.
Delta Nove: Saturday, Dec. 12th will be our Holiday party @ The HideAway.
Brooklyn Bowl (website supported) shows: Karl Denson's Tiny Universe late night: Nov. 27 & 28 (after the Dead & Co. shows @ MGM ) Joe Russo's Almost Dead: Fri., Dec. 11 & be sure to check out their website for their calendar of events!
Hard Rock (website supported) shows: *SPAFFORD, Friday, November 13th @ Vinyl. Our 15th Anniversary event.
ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY Clean-up, Sunday, November 22nd @ 9am
*Been a great year of music and ticket comps for members.
*Been working with Larry, the T-Shirt Guy, about possible LVJBS long-sleeve T-shirts, hoodie samples, and prices. More info TBD.
*(Kathy): The discussion of an LVJBS family CAMPING TRIP in March was had. Possible dates: Sat. & Sun., March 19th and 20th to the AZ HotSprings. Options are to rent a canoe for $122/couple (includes the fees) OR rent a solo-kayak OR haul your gear from Willow Beach, with a 3 mile hike OR use one of our friend’s Jet-Skis as it travels back and forth to the campsite. More info TBD.
2016 OFFCICER NOMINTAIONS
President: Greg (accepted)
VP: Johnnie (accepted)
Treasurer: Paige (accepted), Johnnie (declined)
Secretary: Jessica (accepted), Jenny (declined)
Mayor: Justin (accepted), Jenny (accepted), Kurt (unknown acceptance)
NOVEMBER: Friends & Family Event:
TACOPA TAKEOVER 2.0— Dave & Megan shared the updated music/activity schedule/plan, draft #6. Friday & Saturday, November 6 & 7 at Tecopa HotSprings. Their hard work is appreciated. Looking forward to a great time with Friends & Family!
DECEMBER: Friends & Family Event: LVJBS Holiday Party: Delta Nove on Dec. 12th @ The HideAway.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 1st @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill
Meeting Adjourned: 9:03PM
October 6, 2015
Meeting Begins: 7:27PM @ Brooklyn Bowl
President’s Report (Greg): “This will be short & sweet since it’s THE WORD’S show.”
It’s already that time for 2016 Nominations for LVJBS Offices. Nominations will happen in November and the elections in December.
Vice President’s Report (Kathy): Our Treasurer says, “SELL THE SHIRTS!” (The Officers will come up with a distribution plan, to help sell the shirts. More info TBD.)LVJBS will be donating $500 to the Tecopa Takeover 2.0.
-Congrats to our members, PAIGE & JOHN for uniting as one, at their recent wedding.
-The Adopt-a-Highway clean-up will be on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18th @ 9am. Please tell your friends. The more helpers, the quicker it takes! J
Treasurer’s Report (Paige): ~absent~
Mayor’s Report (Frobi):
COLOR: Brooklyn Brown, WORD!
Archive Committee(Fred): Nothing to report.
*The Classical ¾ Guitar will be donated to the Early Childhood Teacher at Whitney ES. Dave has the other two guitars, which can be signed by a band/used for a future raffle.
LVJBS booked shows:
None to report. Discussion of a 15th Anniversary show in December. (Delta Nove was ‘reserved’ for Sat., Dec. 5th.) Group discussed possibly changing the date to make it an LVJBS Holiday Party, as well. Saturday, December 12thwas discussed as the chosen date for the LVJBS Holiday party.
*Discussion of having a Hard Rock Live, after the November DEAD & CO. shows. (Conflicts with Karl Denson’s late night, at Brooklyn Bowl). Possible bands to contact: Cubensis, JGB & Melvin Seals. (Officers to discuss at an upcoming Officers’ meeting and will announce any decisions.)
Dark Star Orchestra, Oct. 8
Blues Traveler, Oct. 22
*SPAFFORD, Friday, November 13th @ Vinyl.
ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY Clean-up, Sunday, October 18th, 9am
*Indigo mentioned it being difficult communicating on the WILD APRICOT site. Mentioned possibly making a ‘private’ Member-only Facebook page, to help with the communication. Indigo and/or Jenny M. will collaborate on this idea and get back to us.
DECEMBER: Friends & Family Event: LVJBS Holiday Party: TBA
Officers’ Meeting: Either Tuesday, October 13th OR Tuesday, October 20th
Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 (Location: TBA)
Meeting Adjourned: 8:07PM
August 4, 2015
President’s Report (Greg): “Alrighty…Let’s get going!”
*Met briefly with the REX FOUNDATION (non-profit started by the Grateful Dead fans in San Francisco which helps other non-profits exist) while in Chicago. Sent a letter asking for any advice or tips on how to keep the LVJBS going and possibly having those who help it run successfully being compensated like their foundation has been. The letter mentioned possibly partnering with or at least having them ‘mentor’ us in using revenue appropriately, etc. More details and updates as they come!
Vice President’s Report (Kathy): ~absent~
Secretary’s Report (Jessica): Nothing to report. Yet, special thanks given to Catfish John and Part-Time Criminals for their successful show this past weekend! J
Treasurer’s Report (Paige): Been looking at the provided art-samples, which originally, was supposed to be used for the 15th anniversary shirts and also for the Membership cards. The initial purpose of having a ‘Membership card’ was to use with random supporting businesses, which provide a discount when the card is shown. Discussion had on going forth with 2015 cards or waiting until 2016 to make and give them out. (Suggested to go forth with the 2015 card and, asking members/Officers to ‘market’ companies/businesses which would like a website-ad in exchange for some discount at their place of business.)
Mayor’s Report (Eric): ~absent~ (reported by Jessica)
COLOR: Pier 39 Fisherman’s Wharf Blue
The family-friendly GUITARFISH FESTIVAL, near Tahoe, is a “friggen funk fest!”
Fundraising Committee (John):
*Been working on the 2015 Calendar (samples with different paper quality shown). Discussion of purchasing a Binding Machine (do it yourself) to help with costs of printing/binding. Thoughts: Having 12 businesses show their small-ad on each month’s page, to help with price decrease. Finding a school with a binding machine that could be used to bind the sheets together (Jessica to look into this!) to avoid having to pay a company or purchase the machine. Discussion of ‘what people would pay’ for a calendar ‘these’ days was had. (Most would not want to pay $15 for a calendar.) The calendar would be given to all paid members.
*The Joint has contacted us, asking us to send a couple emails and a social media post or two, about the upcoming Friday, Sept. 4th PRIMUS show in exchange for 6 tickets. Group happily supports this!
*THE NEW RIDERS OF THE PURPLE SAGE are interested in a late November, early December show. We had lost money at the last Hard Rock Live show. This event may happen at VINYL, as the LVJBS 15th Anniversary show, with Andrew C.’s help. Discussion of them with a possible ‘Catfish John’ opener, at the Brooklyn Bowl was discussed. More info on date/location TBA.
*SPAFFORD contacted Andrew C. at the Hard Rock, for a Friday/Saturday, Nov. 13th or 14th show.
*BROTHER’S GOW and MAGIC BEANS emailed about coming through town as well.
*TODD SNYDER was booked at the recently closed Bunkhouse Saloon on Sunday, Sept. 20th. In search of a new venue to host this show.
*DEAD WINTER CARPENTERS are wondering about another ‘Holiday Show’. The dates for our ‘LVJBS HOLIDAY PARTY’ would be the weekend of December 4-6, as planned by the Officers at our last Officers’ Meeting. More details TBD.
*ROYAL SOUTHERN BROTHERHOOD BAND (Feat. C. Neville, Y. Scott, T. Vaughn, B. Walker) have interest in an October date. Group feels there are too many October events happening, so this may not be a good idea this time around.
UPCOMING supported BROOKLYN BOWL SHOWS:
Tues., Aug. 18th--George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic
Wed., Sept. 23rd: Lettuce
Tues., Oct. 6th: The Word
Thurs., Oct. 8th: Dark Star Orchestra
Thurs., Oct. 22nd : Blues Traveler
*An Officers’ Meeting was held on July 15th (all Officers present) at Rocky’s Bar & Grill, discussing:
--15th Anniversary show being a Grateful gathering of Family, Legends peeps, and the celebration of the LVJBS’ 15th year. “A Jerry-Grateful 15th Anniversary”
--BUS-TA-PHISH discussion (rented bus to Inglewood, CA) (…ended up being a ‘bust’)
--Holiday party weekend decided (Dec. 4-6)
*Keith K. mentioned a possible 2016 Summertime event, in Mt. Charleston, in collaboration with their Volunteer Fire Dept. Their newly renovated Visitors’ Center has a new amphitheater and golf area. Thinking of making it a camp-out for families and including a can drive to local food banks, etc. Group supports this future idea and thanks Keith K. for looking into this further.
*Dave & Megan discussed the decided bands for the November 6-8 TACOPA TAKEOVER:
--Moksha, Pitchfork, Superstar Bingo, Donzos Cozmos, Dr. Vibus, J-Free’s Drums, Flux, Signals/Catfish John, Sara Patterson, Part-Time Criminals, and possibly the Unwieldies.
(This event will have a possible silent disco (BYO head-phones), horseshoes, a bluegrass Sunday brunch, and more!)
August Friends & Family Event (Greg or Finkel): To help celebrate Jerry Garcia on Sunday, August 9th, we are hoping to host a POOL & BYO food & Beverage POOL PARTY at an ‘undecided’ location. (* Greg to either host it at his home, or see if Jonathan Finkel’s home is available to help for size need.) Location TBD.
September’s Friends & Family Event (Greg): Been working with the 51s people about using their FRIENDS & FAMILY zone (in the shade!) @ Cashman Field for their 7:05PM baseball game. The gates open at 5:30pm. Discussion of two prices: $35/each for a catered Fried Chicken, Hot Dogs, Pretzels, and Chips (with cash bar) OR a $15/each for entry and purchase of own food/drinks. Be sure to check an upcoming email for a vote. It would be an EITHER/OR price decision.
NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, Sept. 1st @ Cashman Field, BEFORE the game @ 5:30PM
Meeting Adjourned: 8:50pm