Date: February 6, 2024
Meeting Start: 7:11 PM
Location: Virtual (Officers)
Attendees: Jessica G., Greg S., Paige T., Angela C.
Item 1: President’s Report (Jessica): “We’re off to a good start to 2024!”
- A. Our first LVJBS show, CUBENSIS, was a success! The band members had a great time and were happy to return to Las Vegas. Approximately 148 tickets were sold and 80 tickets with House Seats. We anticipate receiving payment in the next few weeks.
- B. The BBLV shows and the comp tickets went well. All recipients showed up except one who will be removed from the next available ticket-comp lottery. I will continue to create Google Forms for future Lotteries since that seemed to work well.
- C. I was able to leave a Fundraising brochure with the box office of BBLV. JT will also mail one in.
- D. Left a message & sent an email follow-up for Lanice at KUNV regarding what they can do for advertisement help for $200. Awaiting a return call/email. We hope to promote membership for LVJBS.
- E. Liani and her company JUKE HOUSE have been a wonderful help in sharing the info from the Facebook page to our WildApricot members’ emails. Liani is now an honorary member. At the next meeting, we will vote to create a Social Media Committee and nominate her as the Committee Head.
- F. Liani has added the LVJBS as an LVBS sponsor for their website we will do the same.
- G. The two FLUTES we have had donated from one of the SaddlesNSpurs patrons will be brought to my school’s music directors to send to the repair/check-up shop (Kessler & Sons) to let us know if they can do a little tune-up or let us know what might be needed before our Springtime donation to the High School band. More info TBD.
- H. We need to pick a date for the Officers/Committee Heads to go to the Gutzats’ to work on the ‘Archive’ database/pot-luck.
- I. The last two Adopt-a-Highway events were canceled due to weather. One possibility is to schedule work on ‘Archive’ database and Adopt-a-Highway event on same day.
- J. Attended the LVBS’s Membership Appreciation Luncheon @ The Composer’s Room in the Commercial Center on East Sahara. This room has a great stage area with moveable tables for a close-up dance floor space and a bar in a separate area from the stage (possibly for all-age events?) The food from the chefs, that the LVBS provided, was very enjoyable. The room seems to open in the evenings at 5 PM for music/dinner, but could possibly be rented out for evening events or daytime events like the LVBS Membership event (1 PM-5 PM). The LVBS had photos shared on the screen from their past year’s events/celebrations while folks were entering and mingling. Also, had projected photos being shared while the musicians were performing. The LVBS President shared a slideshow of their 2023 recap, their sponsors, and their membership list of names, and gave the LVJBS and myself a shout-out about wanting a future collaboration. Could this be a possible venue?
- K. Venues to check out: Craig Ranch Amphitheater and the Beverly Theater.
- L. Our Mayor, Shana, has mentioned what she can be doing to help out more as Mayor instead of simply ‘choosing the safety-alert color’. Thoughts: LVJBS Meet-up-at-the Movies for the upcoming BOB MARLEY movie? Maybe contacting Regal Theaters or Brenden Theaters of the Palms Casino for a 10-pack of tickets to lottery off & make a ‘Meet-up-at-the Movies’ event for the LVJBS to attend? And/or contacting the mentioned new venues (Composer’s Room, Beverly Theater, Craig Ranch) regarding pricing or sharing some of the door proceeds for future events?
- M. The Google Spreadsheet will soon be made with a list of upcoming local events where we can ALL jump in the ‘live document’ and add notes of what has been done/what’s still needed so it helps with communicating the tasks.
- N. Robert Shatzer has been communicating with us via Facebook Messenger in regards to him organizing a large ‘Shakedown Street’ event in a ballroom-size area (possibly the Venetian) for many Deadheads to set up in over the Dead & Co. residency. Sent him the ‘DreamFactory’ flyer (3500 sq. ft. event space) that Jerome Baker and Jen Krause had advertised. He has also been invited to our March public meeting (Tuesday, March 5th, 7 PM—Location - Rocky’s). Our last correspondence was that things were moving in a positive direction for him, but nothing more to report.
- O. We are working with Jon at Blackspy Marketing to get fliers and other promotional material for Bender Jamboree.
- P. Phish/Dead & Co. after shows: We spoke of possible Phish live Stream before after shows.
Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Shana)
A. COLOR: San Fran Kan Red AKA Taylor Swift Red
Item 6: Open Floor (all):
- A. LVJBS Memorial Tree Anniversary is coming up. We're looking into a Tuesday, May 7th, 4:20 PM Drum Circle gathering @ the Sunset Park Memorial location. Jessica to contact JFree & Frobi for assistance. More info TBD.
UPCOMING (LVJBS & non-LVJBS) EVENTS
Meeting adjourned: 8:37pm
Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 5, 2024; 7pm
Location: Rocky’s or TBD