SEPTEMBER 2023 LVJBS Meeting Minutes
Date: September 5, 2023
Meeting Start: 7:05 PM
Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill
Attendees: Johnnie T., Paige T., Jessica G., Shannon S., Brett R., Basia Y., Stephen Y., Shelly H., Scott J.
Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie): “Let’s get started!”
A. The ‘Corporate Sponsor Brochure’ is almost ready for printing. Jessica to help with printing the first set. We will be hand-printing the envelopes for a more-personal feel. We will need to price printing, get envelopes and postage.
B. Officer Elections for 2024: Be on the lookout for a future email (by month’s end) which will have a SURVEY along with a detailed email about the various LVJBS offices, the election process, and the annual dues payment options/discounts.
C. The Wild Apricot site now has an APP in the GooglePlay store. There is a new ‘fundraiser’ section within the APP, a QR code for ticketing option, & ability to opt-in for text messages/emails/both.
D. (No new update) Been chatting with Michelle Harris at the Pioneer Saloon. They have welcomed us to choose a future date (we’re now looking into October for better, cooler weather) for one of their 12 PM- 4 PM events where a ‘specialty drink’ will be advertised and those who purchase it, will help raise monies for the LVJBS—a portion of the drink’s proceeds will come back to the LVJBS. More info TBA.
Item 2: Vice President’s Report & PRODUCTION Report (Greg via JT):
A. REMINDER: The mentioned Golf Tournament is now looking at an October Sunday date of Oct. 15th or 22nd. The golf course is asking for us to send them the decided date once we have a 16 player team confirmed. The group rate would be cheaper than the $50-$75 local rate.
B. Reminder of event: Local sponsors/ads at each hole with percentages of the sign-ups going back to the LVJBS. They have a small P.A. system/stage area, which could host a small band (i.e. Pitchfork), or performer/duo. Hoping we can get some donations for raffles and possible prize monies that could be shared. The goal is that music fans/golfers can get together with other music fans/golfers to have some fun. Finalized details TBD.
C. UPDATE: Regarding the mentioned Facebook link for the ‘Virtual Tip Jar’ created to help gain some extra funds for those who were unable to throw some monies in during our reunion event—Thoughts are to send 50% of any donations to the Maui/Lahaina disaster instead of the ‘reunion’ fund.
D. (No new update) PINK TALKING FISH is working with the Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas for a Sunday, January 28th event. They would be coming our way without their equipment and are asking us to help them find local musicians/band who would like to ‘open’ their show and allow them to utilize their instruments and backline. Greg to contact David B. and get him in touch with Eric Gould of Pink Talking Fish/Particle. (Our first contact thoughts to contact are PITCHFORK, then, CATIFSH JOHN, or possibly MOKSHA.) More details TBD.
Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige):
- A. The FUNDrive program from SAVERS consignment stores info/contact name will be given to our VP, Greg, to proceed with fundraising.
- B. Nothing Bundt Cakes have a fundraising option which either sells their Bundtlet cakes at one of our events, making us a small profit. More details and the event TBD.
- C. The PEF (Public Education Foundation) made contact with us in regards to ‘opting-in’ for the 2024 Scholarship (Peter J. Porter, $500 for a selected music major). We opted in for one (possibly more depending on funds) of the $500 scholarships.
Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Jessica):
- A. We had confirmation and the go-ahead from Jeremy @ JamminOn for the discussed ‘Howie Green’s Music Collection Silent Auction’ event. SATURDAY, Sept. 16th (4:20 PM-7:10 PM) will work. We are hoping to play music from a sound system playing some of Howie’s collection. We would use his great table space to display the memorabilia, with clipboards for those to make their bids (Scott J., a new meeting attendee, has offered lending us clipboards for the silent auction.) Jessica & the Tolsons will get over to the venue early to ready the memorabilia. (Jessica/Paige to order the large, clear zip-bags for display.)
- Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Shannon):
- A. COLOR: Loden
Item 6: Open Floor (all):
- · JT wants to work with David DeGroot in the creation of a clear ‘LVJBS 4 the Music’ Static-Window sticker that we can use to help advertise our group. More details TBD.
UPCOMING (LVJBS & non-LVJBS) EVENTS:
*Sept. 6th—The Revivalists w/ Band of Horses & The Heavy Heavy @ Virgin Theater
*Sept 8th-- A Flock of Seagulls @ BBLV
*Sept. 8th -- TheeMessArounds @ GoldMine Tavern
*Sept. 10th—Marissa & The Hoolenbecks @ SandDollar LV
*Sept. 14th—JBoog @ BBLV
*Sept. 15th—Jimmy Plays Jerry @ SandDollar LV
*Sept. 16th—Brown Chicken Brown Cow @ Zion, UT
*Sept. 20th—Devon Allman & Donavan Frankenreiter w/ Goodnight Texas @ BBLV
*Sept. 21st—Iam Tongi @ Virgin Lawn
*Sept. 29th—Rumors of Fleetwood Mac @ The Smith Center
*Sept. 29th—Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo @ The Pearl
*Sept. 29th—The Psyatics, The WayOuts, & The Minges @ The Double Down
*Sept. 30th—Brown Chicken Brown Cow @ Pioneer Saloon
*Oct. 1st—Goose @ BBLV
*Oct. 1st-- Shakey Graves @ Virgin Theater
*Oct. 2nd-- Get the Led Out @ BBLV
*Oct. 6th—Jackson Browne @ Venetian Theater
*Oct. 6th—Kenny Loggins @ The Pearl
*Oct. 6-8—Reggae Rise Up (festival w/ Lettuce on Sunday)
*Oct. 7th—Pink w/ Brandi Carlile & Grouplove @ Allegiant Stadium
*Oct. 10th—Alice in Chains @ Planet Hollywood
*Oct. 11th—Dean Lewis @ House of Blues
*Oct. 11th—Jackson Browne @ Venetian Theater
Meeting adjourned: 7:40 PM
Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 3rd @ 7 PM
Location: Crown & Anchor (E. Tropicana)