OCTOBER 2021 LVJBS Meeting Minutes
Date: October 5, 2021
Meeting Start: 7:15 PM
Location: The Crown & Anchor patio
Attendees: Johnnie T, Paige T., Jessica G., Kathy G., Fred G., Diana, Sam, & Dave (from CO)
Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie)
- A. Thanks to those who helped out at our Fall Adopt-A-Highway roadside clean-up last month.
- B. The email to start nominating the Officers for the 2022 LVJBS year will soon be sent out. The November LVJBS meeting will have the nominees accept/deny their nomination & the December meeting will conclude the voting process and announce the 2022 LVJBS Officers.
- C. The Bi-Law Committee Members (JT, Dan, & Jessica) will soon review and finalize the created draft.
Item 2: Vice President’s Report (Adam) (absent)
Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)
- A. Review of balances.
- B. Donated the $1k towards the Tecopa musicians fund: (Reminder notes from Sept.’s meeting: Due to Covid regulations, we have decided to cancel the 2021 TECOPA TAKEOVER (weekend of Nov. 11-14). The LVJBS donated (& will still provide) $1k to assist with the bills and it has been decided that a less formal event will still take place, while we celebrate one another, while having a great 2-day party. So far, MegaScopes, Shaky Feelin’, & a few other local music acts will still be sharing in the fun. Camping and lodging is up to the individuals who attend. (More info to come.)
- C. We are still awaiting the Federal Grant monies for the scholarship funds. More details TBA.
- D. Welcome back to the Secretary position, Jessica Grant.
Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Jessica)
- A. I will be phoning the N*Dot (Adopt-A-Highway) director, Marc Cutler, this week to ensure He knows our roadside sign has once again been ‘tagged’ & ensure He knows that the ‘Wheel of Misfortune’ attraction is one of the leading causes of the left debris and that our ‘sign area’ seems to be the attendees’ parking area for its visitors.
- B. There is a TOM PETTY ‘Wildflowers’ movie that is playing nationwide on Wednesday, October 20th. I will create an invite for a local theater for our members/guests to enjoy together. More details TBA.
Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Jay via text reply)
Item 6: Production Report (Greg)
- A. The DIRK QUINN BAND has once again shown interest in coming through Las Vegas in 2022.
- B. HOT BUTTERED RUM is available 2/1/22 through 2/6/22 (Tuesday-Saturday). The group supports this event. Superbowl Sunday is that Sunday, 2/7.
- Venue options: Diversion Amusement (@ 5321 Cameron St.), TheSpaceLV (3460 Cavaretta Ct.), private home (maybe Basia & Steve’s?) More details TBD.
- A. Our annual HOLIDAY PARTY will be here before we know it! Thoughts are to have CUBENSIS join us. Date thoughts: Fridays/Saturdays--12/3, 12/4, 12/10, or 12/11
- B. Diana mentioned the ‘NYC Freaks’ which started in her home state of NY, as an email-chain in 1995 by a group of WSP fans. (This was similar to our ‘ol LVJBS YahooGroup email-blasts, which could be read as a daily email blast or individual emails as they came through.) Greg & Diana spoke at the SandDollar recently about bringing back the ‘YahooGroup’ feeling, by possibly adding a Gmail/Google folder where people could share tickets for sale/give aways/garage sales/party info invites, free giveaways, etc.
- Other thoughts: An LVJBS phone APP/QR Code events or posts, or a DISCORD software platform: Discord is a VoIP, instant messaging and digital distribution platform. Users communicate with voice calls, video calls, text messaging, media and files in private chats or as part of communities called "servers". Servers are a collection of persistent chat rooms and voice chat channels.
UPCOMING (LVJBS & non-LVJBS) EVENTS:
*Reggae Rise-up Festival w/ Matisyahu/Slightly Stoopid/SOJA, etc. (10/9 & 10/10)
@Downtown LV Events Center
*Pauly Shore & The Crusty’s @ The SandDollar (Oct. 18)
*Wilco (Oct. 22) @ BBLV
*The StoryTellers @ Gilley’s BBQ (Oct. 22 & 23)
*TheeMessArounds @ The SandDollar (Oct. 28)
*Grateful Shred @ 24 Oxford (Oct. 28 & 29)
*PHISH @ MGM Grand (Oct. 28-31)
*(late night) DISCO BISCUITS @ BBLV (Oct. 28-30)
*The Moanin’Blacksnakes @ The SandDollar (Oct. 29)
*Catfish John @ The SandDollar (Oct. 30)
*PinkTalkingFish @ 24 Oxford (Oct. 30 & 31)
*JJ Grey & Mofro (Nov. 4) @ BBLV
*The Rolling Stones @ Allegiant Stadium (Nov. 6)
*The Black Crowes @ House of Blues (Nov. 18 & 19)
*The Foo Fighters @ Park Theater (Dec. 2)
*The AllmanFamily Revival @ Virgin Theater (Dec. 17)
*Black Pumas @ House of Blues (Dec. 18)
*moe. (Dec. 30 & 31) @ BBLV
Meeting adjourned: 8:15 PM
Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 2nd @ 7 PM. Location: Jackson’s Bar & Grill