JUNE Members' Meeting Minutes 2021

June 01, 2021 7:00 PM | Jessica Grant

JUNE 2021 LVJBS Meeting Minutes 

Date: June 1, 2021 

Meeting Start: 7:00 PM

Location: Remedy’s Tavern (location change) 

Attendees: Johnnie T, Paige T., & Jessica G., (in-person), Greg S. (via text), Basia Y., Steven Y., Kathy G., Fred G., Dan R., & Adam P. (via Zoom)

Item 1: President’s Introduction (Johnnie)

  • A.    (Johnnie) “Thanks to everyone who attended & those who were flexible with the change.”
  • --We need to reschedule (in advance) any meeting where the majority of the Officers are not going to be present. Officers needs to ‘step-down’ from their position if time doesn’t allow them to hold their position. More information on this will be discussed at our upcoming ‘Bi-Law’ Committee meeting. There have been some who have shown interest in reevaluating our current Bi-Laws.  They will soon get an email with date options for a meeting week of June 7-11.  (Dan R. will be out of town, but will join via Zoom.)
  • B.   There have been two who have shown interest in the needed Grant-Writing.  Jenny M. will be a big part of the ‘Google Grant’.
  • C.    The next event is our ‘Friends & Family’ event at Basia and Steve’s home on Saturday, June 12th (2:30-10:30 PM) with the LiveStream of the Telluride Bluegrass Festival.  $5 members & $10 non-members.  LVJBS to cover the cost difference to help pay for the ‘Porta-Potty’ and excess costs.
  • D.   We are looking into an August event, with Andrew at the new Virgin Hotel. (More info in the Production report, via Greg).
  • E.    Optional Venues:  The Gambit & 9th Island (Lake Mead, near Boulder Highway).
  • F.    Officers to meet at some point this month to discuss the ‘LVJBS Scholarship’ Distribution so this process can move along.

Item 2: Vice President’s Report (Adam)

  A.   No new news. 

Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)

  • A.    Review of balances.
  • B.    The AmazonSmile account raised $24.22 this past month.
  • C.   Basia/Steve will be reimbursed for the Porta-Potty for the upcoming, 6/12, event.

Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Tiffany:  absent via Jessica)

  • A.    No report.  (Jessica to post minutes within 24 hours.)

Item 5:  Mayor’s Report (Jay:  absent via Jessica)

  • A.   Color:  MINT


Item 6: Production Report (Greg text via Jessica):

  • A.    Sunday, September 12th, STEELY DEAD @ 24 Oxford, Virgin Hotel & Casino
  • B.    Additional bands still being looked into through Andrew at 24 Oxford (former Vinyl @ the HRH). TBA.

Open Floor

            A. (Jessica G.)  Facebook contact from ‘Mitch’, representing the SoCal Dead cover band, LIGHTNING DAN & THE CRAWDADS, who are interested and available to play in the Fall.

     B. (Dan R.)  The renewing of the Area51Soundtest website name is happening                                once again. 

    C.  (Johnnie T.)  Will be meeting with a new connect, Gene, who is hosting a VGK                              view party this week, so a possible new venue/stage area can be      looked into. More details shared at next month’s meeting.

UPCOMING (non-LVJBS) EVENTS:   

*TheeMessArounds @ JamminOn, First Friday, 6/7 & Saturday, 6/8 @ Soul Belly BBQ

*Catfish John, Saturday, 6/8 @ SandDollar Lounge

*Scott Pemberton, Friday, 6/11 @ SandDollar Lounge

*The Moanin’ Blacksnakes, Saturday, 6/12 @ SandDollar Lounge, 10 PM

*THE MEGASCOPES, Saturday, June 19th @ SandDollar Lounge, 10 PM

 

Meeting adjourned 7:30 PM

Next Meeting:  Tuesday, July 6th @ 7 PM. 

Location:  TBD: Either the Tolson’s home OR  the Sporting Life Bar (4570 W. Sahara) 


Comments

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software