June 2020 Minutes
Date: June 2, 2020
Time: 7 pm
Location: Virtual Zoom Meeting
Attendees: Megan Bichsel, Ian Zeitzer, Jessica Grant, Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Tiffany Belcher, Jenny Minucci, Adam Peiken, Greg Serensits
Item I: Meeting called to order at: 7pm
Item II: Presidents Report:
A. Moment of Silence for those who have died in recent current events.
B. Thanks to Adam for setting up our youtube channel.
C. Watch party monies raised: after some research PPE needs have been filled at this time. We decided to give donations to Three Square to help meet our community food insecurity needs.
Item III: Treasurers Report:
- A. $131- collected, LVJBS added an extra $10 per musician bringing total to $311
Item IV: Vice President’s Report:
- A. Youtube handle: subscribe to the channel is the most helpful for promotion
- B. Pictures on old website, looking to update to new website and FB page
- C. Letterhead updated and donation letter updated
Item V: Mayor’s report:
A. Color: Black Lives Matter
Item VI: Production Report:
- A. Curbside concerts has reached out to see if any artists would like to sign up for their program- goal is keeping music alive in a physically distant world.
- Any interested artists can reach out viatheir website- keep 90% of all bookings
Item VII: Open Floor
- A. a Setlist.FM would be a cool type of interface for LVJBS to create
- 1. Ability to track concerts attended
- B. Drive in concert- explore the drive in as a viable option
- C. Open to hosting backyard party events- start small and webcast
- 1. Open to members first
- 2. Garage Ma Hall possible venue
- D. Explore movie theaters as a possible venue option
- 1. This has been done in the past to show Area 51 sound test videos
- E. Pinball Arcade discussed as a possible meetup
- F. We currently have a musician’s only group to utilize for LVJBS “house parties”
- G. Funk Jam discussed as a possible LVJBS party
Meeting adjourned at: 8:10pm
Next Meeting: Zoom vs meeting at a bar location- will continue to discuss possible location options.