March 2020 Minutes
Date: March 3, 2020
Time: 7 pm
Location: Jackson’s Bar- Flamingo and Jones 6020 W Flamingo 89103 (Teah’s Bar!)
Attendees: Megan Bichsel, Ian Zeitzer, Jessica Grant, Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Dan Rugotzke, Ellen Skiba, Tiffany Belcher, Fred Guzat, Kathy Guzat, David Shapiro and Audrey Kennedy
Item I: Meeting called to order at: 7pm
Item II: Presidents Report:
1. Relix Table for Ween- registration is open
a. If you volunteer- you get a ticket for that night
b. Two bowling tournaments- Friday and Saturday
c. There will be a wait list for all Relix table shifts
d. If you volunteer for a bowling shift you get a ticket for that night
2. Lottery’s approaching-
b. Ween show lottery
c. Galactic show lottery
Item III: Treasurers Report:
- 1. Welcome new members David and Aubrey
- 2. Updated members list available.
- a. $8065 in the bank
- b. $1034 from Delta Nove and Ryanpalooza!
- c. Excited about an amazing first quarter.
- 3. Amazon Smile- $15.25
Item IV: Secretary’s Report:
- 1. Ryanpalooza- raised money, thank you Ryan.
- 2. CPK- applied for a giveback donation drive day. Waiting to hear back about possible meeting in the future being held here.
- 3. Garage Ma Hall Takeover is cancelled until further notice.
Item VI: Mayor’s report:
- 1. Color: Yellow- Sunshine Daydream
- 2. Instagram- is up and running- share pics to post on team page.
- 3. Social Media ideas: Meet the members.
- 4. Raffle for Smith’s giveback signup.
Item VII: Production Report:
- 1. Cubensis 3/21 date inquiry- passed because of Ween conflict.
- 2. Go LVJBS Go!
- 3. Bobby Kingston, owner of Saddle and Spurs, would like to do a show with the LVJBS.
- 4. Also, Legends on Boulder Highway has sound and a stage- explore as an option for future shows.
Item VIII: Committee Updates:
- 1. Fund Development-
- a. Savers date- April 4th or April 11.
- b. Awaiting confirmation from Garage.
- c. April 4th coincides with community garage sale in Megan's neighborhood. We could solicit neighbors for donations at end of day.
Item IV: Open Floor
- 1. Grateful Bluegrass Boys- Sunday March 22nd
- a. Potluck 2:30/3pmish
- b. 4-7pm Basia’s house- 800 Kenny Way, 89107
- c. Aaron Redner- 415-299-0380
- d. Suggested donation $20
- e. Consider inviting Out of the Desert to open. Would be a 2pm
- f. Brian Burns- president of the bluegrass society
- g. All volunteer shifts covered, a big thank you!
- 2. Adopt a highway- Sunday May 3rd 9am
- 3. Spafford- Bunkhouse check it.
- 4. Delta Nove and Megascopes were amazing! Go Team.
Meeting adjourned at: 7:53pm
- Important Upcoming Dates:
- Next LVJBS meeting: April 7, 2020 7PM Jackson's- 6020 W Flamingo
- Thurs March 3rd- 7:30 Donavon Frankenreiter- BBLV
- Fri March 6th- 8PM G. Love & Special Sauce- Top Golf
- Sat March 7th- 9PM Mike Dillon- Mystic Hot Springs
- Sat March 7th 6:30PM Billy Ray Charles and Scott Pemberton- Sand Dollar
- Thurs March 12th The Higgs- Sand Dollar Lounge
- Thurs-Sat March 19-21 WEEN- BBLV
- Sat March 21st 11AM Las Vegas Bluegrass Festival at Centennial Hills Park
- Sat March 21st 10PM Catfish John- Sand Dollar
- Sun March 22nd 3PM Grateful Bluegrass- Basia’s House- 800 Kenny Way
- Wed March 25th- 7PM Galactic- BBLV
- Fri March 27th 10:30PM Psyatics- Double Down
- Sat March 28th 11AM Music of the Grateful Dead for kids- BBLV
- Thurs April 2nd 8PM Roots of Creation- TopGolf
- Sat April 4th- 6:30PM Wilco- BBLV
- Sat April 4th 8PM Spafford- Bunkhouse
- Sat April 18th 11AM Reggae Rise Up Music Festival- Downtown Events Center