February 2020 Minutes
Date: February 4, 2020
Time: 7 pm
Location: The Bichsel’s house
Attendees: Megan Bichsel, David Bichsel, Richard Stewart, Matt Alexander, Jimmy Cressy, Basia Yakaitis, Steve Yakaitis, Jessica Grant, Johnnie Tolson, Paige Tolson, Dan Rugotzke, Greg Serensits, Ellen Skiba, Tiffany Belcher
Item I: Meeting called to order at: 7:15pm
Item II: Presidents Report:
1. Interest in exploring member t-shirts
2. Harrison Ezratty- Marketing Manager at Relix- Interested in having a Relix table at the Ween show. Any other minimum or 2 night runs we can set up a table for volunteers to run.
Item III: Vice Presidents Report:
1. Develop member surveys and get feedback from our members. For example: bands people would like to see, venues they prefer to see shows, suggestions for meeting locations, suggestions from members in general about how to add value to being a member.
Item IV: Treasurers Report:
- 1. Members Jammin’ On Shirts for members and payments- discussed cost
- a. Will discuss with Spencer further detailed run down on cost.
- b. Interest in getting rid of current shirts and build up bank account before purchasing shirts for all members. Might look into having an option with dues to add a tshirt for minimal cost.
- 2. Updated members list available.
- a. $6706 in the bank
- 3. 7 households are signed up for Smiths giveback
- a. Tiffany will run a raffle for signing up to Smiths.
- 4. Amazon Smile
- 5. Leave feedback for the prophouse
- 6. Possible shuttle to Tecopa for Megascopes- need 50 people to fill current bus. Maybe a smaller van option?
Item V: Secretary’s Report:
- 1. Google Drive updated
- 2. Award scholarship recipients now and showcase at the Garage Ma Hall
- a. Award scholarship recipient’s award now- beginning of semerster
- b. Follow up with receipts or pictures at Garage ma Hall.
- 3. Ryan birthday party/Ryanpalooza/Megascopes Tecopa show Feb 29th- LVJBS was invited to have a table for donations. Ryan asked everyone in lieu of tickets or presents he is asking guests donate to one of 2 non profits that will be present at the show. Will need to coordinate volunteers for this.
- 4. High Sierra is awarding $1,000 to non-profits a month. Look into how to nominate LVJBS.
Item VI: Mayor’s report:
- 1. Color: Blue- Spring is coming…
- 2. Instagram- not yet created- posts can link to Facebook
- 3. Social Media ideas: Meet the members.
Item VII: Production Report:
- 1. Blue Society was looking to do an event with us
- 2. Garage Ma Hall- Delta Nove’s last gig.
- a. Port a potties- rent 2 potties and a sink
- b. Dan will run sound
- c. Jimmy will stop by Rich’s to look at the stage
- d. Decorating party- Sunday Feb 16th
- e. Clean up party- Sunday Feb 23rd
- f. Volunteers at the door
- g. Donation only
- h. Recommend Lyfting, Ubering, carpool
- i. Doors 6pm, Band starts at 8pm
- 3. David Gans looking to play a house party- Will post on Facebook to gauge interest.
Item VIII: Committee Updates:
- 1. Fund Development- checked further into the fundrive and also looked at both goodwill and Salvation Army websites. It seems that Savers is the only company that offers the cash deal.
- a. Savers would only commit to the one time, but suggested that we tell our members that they have a period of 1 month to bring their items to a specific location, where they would then be transported to the Savers of our choice, at the day and time we reserve. The challenge as I see it would be that we don't have a space to store the donations for that long, so we would have to rent a truck and have people bring their donations to us at a specific location, day and time.
- b. Sunday of Garage Ma Hall- April 12th
- c. Rent a truck or see if anyone can donate a truck
Item IV: Open Floor
- 1. Bobby from Dnove head band director for a music school in California, Flea is involved in the school and Jimmy said that they could filter us some kids that play music once they get an awesome band together.
- 2. Grateful Bluegrass Boys- playing Winston’s in San Diego Saturday March 21st
- a. Potluck 2:30/3pmish
- b. 4-7pm Basia’s house- 800 Kenny Way, 89107
- c. Aaron Redner- 415-299-0380- Dave will reach out regarding sound
- d. Suggested donation $20
- e. Consider inviting Out of the Desert to open. Would be a 2pm
- f. Brian Burns- president of the bluegrass society
- 3. Mark Massan- Shaky is looking for a gig at the Sand Dollar
- Meeting adjourned at: 8:52pm
- Important Upcoming Dates:
- Next LVJBS meeting: March 3rd, 2020 Jackson’s Bar- Flamingo and Jones 6020 W Flamingo 89103
- Wed Feb 12th 7pm Infamous String Dusters at Majestic Repertory Theater
- Tue Feb 18th- 7PM Steel Pulse- BBLV
- Thurs Feb 20th – 7PM Dweesil Zappa- BBLV
- Friday Feb 21st- 6PM Delta Nove- Garage Ma Hall
- Sat Feb 22nd- 11AM Music of Prince for kids- BBLV
- Tue Feb 25th-8PM MarchFourth- Top Golf
- Fri Feb 28th- 8PM Dave Matthews Band- Chelsea
- Sat Feb 29th 7PM Megascopes- Tecopa
- Fri March 6th- 8PM G. Love & Special Sauce- Top Golf
- Sat March 7th- 9PM Mike Dillon- Mystic Hot Springs
- Thurs March 12th -9PM The Higgs- Sand Dollar Lounge
- Thurs-Sat March 19-21 WEEN- BBLV
- Sunday March 22nd Grateful Bluegrass- Basia’s House- 800 Kenny Way
- Wed March 25th- 7PM Galactic- BBLV
- Sat March 28th 11AM Music of the Grateful Dead- BBLV
- Sat April 4th- 6:30PM Wilco- BBLV
- Sat April 4th 8PM Spafford- Bunkhouse
- Fri-Sat April 10-12th Garage Ma Hall Takeover