Las Vegas Jam Band Society
Members’ Meeting Minutes
October 4, 2016
Meeting Begins: 7:37 PM
Location: Tenaya Creek Brewery
President’s Report (Greg):
“What’s up, Everybody?”
This report will be ‘short & sweet’….Everything is ‘status quo’ in LVJBS world!
(Still awaiting confirmation on the Holiday party location—most likely Sat., Dec. 17th, yet, still confirming!)
Vice President’s Report (Johnnie):
· Met with a city-developer in regards to the ‘grant’ (non-profit/arts collaboration). They are in the preliminary stages for a 2017 (June) festival with bands (on Jackson Ave.) and activities. We decided to help ‘point’ bands in their direction, as they go further. More info TBD.
· The 2017 LVJBS Members’ Calendar is ready to be printed. The pictures are courtesy of photographer, Paul Citone. The Tuesday meetings will be ‘reminders’ on each Tuesday of the month dates.
Secretary’s Report (Jessica):
· It was nice turning this month’s calendar page to the ‘Soundtest 3D’ poster-pic.
· Thanks to those who helped out at the Adopt-A-Highway clean-up on Sept. 18th. It only took 1.5 hours and was a fun time.
Treasurer’s Report (Paige):
(nothing to report)
Mayor’s Report (Justin): ~absent~
Color (via VP): Pumpkin Haze
Production Report (Greg):
· Saturday, November 19th: Melvin Seals & the Terrapin Flyers are available. The Hard Rock Café venues are already booked, so we can look into The HideAway Lounge or possibly Binion’s Rooftop (if heaters are available) or Top Golf. We will give an offer or possibly a percentage of the door. More details TBD.
· Johnny from RELIX magazine came to us for Halloween weekend RELIX table help at the Brooklyn Bowl. We will ask officers and, then, open up the volunteer spots to members. (It is important that responsible volunteers follow through with these spots, to avoid any future concerns with LVJBS.)
· Fundraising Report (Kathy): ~absent~
· PR Report (Jenny): ~absent~
Friends & Family Events:
November: Tecopa Takeover, Nov. 11-13.
December: LVJBS Holiday Party. Date: Saturday, Dec. 17th. Possible Bands: JellyBread and Mike Mangan’s Big Organ Trio. Location: The HideAway Lounge. (Confirmed details TBA)
· James Manos, a bartender from the Hard Rock Live, has offered the LVJBS entrance to an event on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28th, 3pm-6pm, prior to the Phish-show at the MGM. It’s a launch party to his (& his partner’s) new brewery. ABLE BAKER BREWING CO. With registration online, LVJBS friends & family can get entrance to the Hard Rock Live, to sample different beers and snacks. Look for the flier, created by Manos, on our LVJBS Facebook page for registration details. J
· The TECOPA TAKEOVER event-planning is going great! November 11th (4:20pm start) through Nov. 13th (@ 2:30pm). All 3 days will have music and fun (Yoga/Horseshoe tournament, etc.). The event will end at 2:30pm, on that Sunday. RAFFLE donations are being collected, to help raise monies for future ‘takeovers’. Please contact Jeffrey Trower if any goods/services can be donated. The LVJBS will provide some cash to help with band-fees and a raffle basket of posters/T-shirts/gift cards, etc.
· The presentation of the 2015 FUNKY COWBELL AWARD was presented by JFree/N.O.I.S.E. to Jessica Grant (yay me!) for community help and music appreciation! (Thanks, Guys!) J
Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 8th (*Second Tuesday! Come on by after you vote! @ Rocky’s Bar & Grill
Meeting Adjourned: 8:55PM