MAY 2022 LVJBS Meeting Minutes
Date: May 3, 2022
Meeting Start: 7:00PM
Location: 595 Craft Kitchen
Attendees: Johnnie T, Adam P., Paige T., Jessica G., Basia Y., Stephen Y., Bruce P., Dave Tatlock
Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie):
*The ‘Second Sunday’ Saddle N’ Spurs event for May will be Sunday, May 8th (Mother’s Day) with TheeMessArounds (7-11 PM) (Please help to advertise! Tell you friends!)
*Thanks to Basia & Bruce for volunteering for the RELIX table at the Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas at the recent Billy String’s show.
*Awaiting to hear back from ‘Tasha’ at the Rockstar Bar (venue @ LV Golf Center). They have live music on Fridays & Saturdays. We will stop in one weekend to check-in with Tasha, in person, since we keep missing her. More details TBD.
*We checked out the stage area at ROSIE’S SALOON (off I-11, just past the AZ border) after the recent Adopt-A-Highway event. It’s about 45 min. from Las Vegas, so a rental shuttle or designated carpooling would be best. They are looking for weekend events, 4 bands in 2 days (AM band and PM band, each day). Thoughts: PITCHFORK one of those days with brunch.
*Will be drafting letters to various Sponsors. Drafts will be sent to Jessica for proofreading.
*We reached out to GOOGLE in regards to their $15k grants. We will hold a meeting with them soon. More details TBD.
*Still awaiting a meeting with Mark Shunock in regards to the 15-10 grants. More details TBA.
Item 2: Vice President’s Report (Adam)
*Nothing to report! We have a lot of great music coming up!
Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)
· A. Review of balances. Monies in both checking and savings (Scholarship fund money)
· B. Reviewed the Smiths quarterly bonuses ($22/8 households participating).
· C. PAY YOUR DUES! J
Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Jessica)
· A. Thanks to the great turnout for the Adopt-A-Highway clean-up! Go team!
· B. A lot of LVJBS advertisement at the recent Skull & Roses Festival in Ventura, CA.
Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Greg: Absent via Team post)
· A. Color: Periwinkle
Item 6: Production Report (Greg: Absent via text/post with Tiffany B.)
- · Upcoming Album Release/Fundraiser-Benefit:
- Friday, May 20th: THE SOUL JUICE BAND w/ JellyBread & Iverson
- @ The Usual Place (100 S. Maryland Pkwy) *Doors @ 7 PM, Openers @ 7:45 PM & 9 PM, Headliners @ 10:15 PM (all times approx.)
- *This will be a $25+ fees ($30/ea.) ticket entry with proceeds going to ChildHaven via Kidz Uplifting Kidz & Dept. of Family Services. (The LVJBS (contact Paige) has hard-tix available for purchase OR at the door.)
*Welcome Dave Tatlock (vocals The Soul Juice Band) who gave us the background & info of the upcoming fundraising event. LVJBS has tickets for dispersing and flyers to help advertise.
UPCOMING (LVJBS & non-LVJBS) EVENTS:
*May 4th: TheeMessArounds & Funk Jam (w/ Comedy) @ Backstage Bar & Billiards
*May 6th: Los Lobos @ Boulder Station
*May 6th: The Moanin’ Blacksnakes @ SandDollar Downtown (Plaza)
*May 6th: Mega-Scopes @ ReBar
*May 8th: The Cult @ HOB
*May 13th-15th: BeachLife Festival (Redondo Beach, CA)
*May 13th-28th: The Doobie Brothers’ (residency) @ Zappos Theater, Planet Hollywood
*May 14th: UB40 @ Mandalay Bay Beach
*May 14th: Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Warren G. @ Mandalay Bay
*May 19th: Michael Franti & Spearhead @ BBLV
*May 20th: The Shmarties (Pink Floyd tribute) @ The SandDollar
*May 20th: The Soul Juice Band w/ JellyBread & Jeverson @ The Usual Place (fundraiser/ benefit)
*May 21st: Catfish John @ SandDollar Downtown (Plaza)
*May 26th: Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals w/ Shakey Graves @ Craig Ranch Ampitheater
*May 28th: The Eagles @ MGM Grand Garden Arena.
*June 3rd - June 8th: Sting (residency) @ Caesars Coliseum
Meeting adjourned: 8:00 PM
Next Meeting: Tuesday, June 7th @ 7 PM.
Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill