APRIL 2022 LVJBS Meeting Minutes
Date: April 5, 2022
Meeting Start: 7:02 PM
Location: PKWY Tavern
Attendees: Johnnie T, Paige T., Jessica G.
Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie):
*The ‘Second Sunday’ Saddle N’ Spurs event for May will be Sunday, May 8th (Mother’s Day) with TheeMessArounds (7-11 PM)
*Adjustments to our website were done: removal of previous businesses that are no longer associated with the LVJBS or ones where addresses changed. A tab was added for the By-laws & they were posted.
*The RELIX table at the Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas has asked for 4 Volunteers for the BillyStrings table, on Friday, 4/15. We had 4 Volunteers offer their help. One paid member (Basia) and 3 non-paid members. We will see if more paid Members volunteer before welcoming the others to assist. (Jessica to help with the set-up/suitcase during the event since she will be on site early and for the evening.)
*Awaiting to hear back from ‘Tasha’ at the Rockstar Bar (venue @ LV Golf Center).
*Will be drafting letters to various Sponsors. Drafts will be sent to Jessica for proofreading.
Item 2: Vice President’s Report (Adam: Absent via text)
*Meeting w/ Mark Shunock this week, regarding the 15-20 ‘grants’ that The Space supposedly received and see what we can help distribute.
Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)
· A. Review of balances. Monies in both checking and savings (Scholarship fund money)
· B. Annual IRS Federal & the State Annual Taxes were filed.
· C. Reviewed the Smiths & AmazonSmiles quarterly bonuses.
· D. PAY YOUR DUES! J
Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Jessica)
· A. The APRIL ‘Friends & Family Event” at the LION HABITAT in West Henderson was a fun event. There were many LVJBS friends & family members enjoying the habitat and one another!
Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Greg: Absent via text)
· A. Color: STELLA BLUE
Item 6: Production Report (Greg: Absent via text)
- · A couple bands will be lined up in we decide to do another Saddle N’ Spurs event. (more info TBD)
Item 7: COMMITTEE REPORTS
· A. BY-LAW Committee: The updated 2022 LVJBS By-laws have been created. The final document was posted on WildApricot, under the ‘NEWS’ tab, where the ‘Minutes’ are posted.
· B. FUNDRAISING Committee: The LVJBS/Band agreement contract for bands to read and sign-off on was edited and will be added to LVJBS letter head. This will help to ensure all rules for the hired bands are followed.
*(Jessica) Our Adopt-a-Highway clean-up will be on Sunday, 4/24. Look for the event ad soon! (JT, Paige & Jessica still plan to check ROSIE’S SALOON & CAFÉ--formerly Rosie’s Den--to see what it has to offer the LVJBS after the clean-up! Come join us for brunch!
*Question if any Wednesday, April 20th event happening this year at JamminOn since its recent location change? More info TBA.
UPCOMING (LVJBS & non-LVJBS) EVENTS:
*April 14: MEUTE @ BBLV
*April 15th: Billy Strings @ BBLV
*April 15th: The Killers @ The Chelsea
*April 15/16: The StoryTellers @ Gilley’s (Treasure Island)
*April 16th: Brown Chicken Brown Cow & TheeMessArounds @ SoulBelly BBQ
*April 22: (online event) LETTUCE
*April 30: Kansas @ The Smith Center
*April 30: BillyBob Thornton & the Box Masers @ Santa Fe Station
*April 30: Gin Blossoms @ GVR Ampitheater
*May 6: Los Lobos @ Boulder Station
*May 6th: Mega-Scopes @ ReBar
*May 8: The Cult @ HOB
*May 14th: UB40 @ Mandalay Bay Beach
*May 19: Michael Franti & Spearhead @ BBLV
*May 20: The Shmarties (Pink Floyd tribute) @ The SandDollar
Meeting adjourned: 7:32 PM
Next Meeting: Tuesday, May 3rd @ 7 PM.
Location: Jackson’s Bar & Grill