NOVEMBER 2021 LVJBS Meeting Minutes
Date: November 2, 2021
Meeting Start: 7:13 PM
Location: Jackson’s Bar & Grill
Attendees: Johnnie T, Paige T., Jessica G., Adam P., Ian Z., Greg S. (via phone)
Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie):
“It was a great 4-day weekend with Phish!”
- A. Thanks to the volunteers who helped out at the Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas’ RELIX booth: Bruce Plath, Brenda Walsh, David DeGroot, Janet & Carl Swartz, Paige & JT Tolson.
- B. Harrison Ezratty, from RELIX, is thankful for our support and has now left a suitcase with the needed supplies for future table set-up needs.
- C. We learned that the ‘Grateful Shred’ event at the 24Oxford was aRELIX sponsored event after all.
- D. The 2022 LVJBS Officer Nominations were announced. A new LVJBS member, Deanna Hank, was nominated for Secretary and accepted the nomination. JT to discuss the needed role-requirements to see if that is something she will commit to. (If not, the nomination for Mayor will be an option.) Paige & Greg accepted the Treasurer nomination. Greg accepted the Mayor nomination (awaiting to hear from Lisa M., Jimmy C. for their acceptance or denial of the Mayor nomination. Scott C. declined his nomination.) Jessica accepted the Secretary nomination ‘if’ needed & accepted the Vice President Nomination ‘if’ someone responsibly covers the Secretary position and both won’t need coverage (Adam P. accepts it, if needed, but may not be able to commit to all meetings due to his schedule.) Johnnie T. accepted the President nomination once again. (More details TBD.)
- E. The ballots will go out soon and anonymous votes will be placed via GoogleSheets, by Nov. 15th. The Dec. 7th LVJBS meeting will announce the voted-in Officers.
- F. The Bylaws were edited and awaiting the ‘final draft’ to be shared with all. More info on the finalized date TBD.
Item 2: Vice President’s Report (Adam):
- A. Offered to Volunteer at the SpaceLV. No reply yet.
- B. It was a great weekend.
Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)
- A. Review of balances.
- B. Smith’s grocery card use has given us additional funds. (Please continue using the AmazonSmile and/or Smith’s Groceries accounts to help us earn monies!)
- C. The Tecopa Takeover (Fri.-Sun., Nov. 12-14) will be a no cost event/no scheduled bands. Hoping The MegaScopes & ShakeyFeelin’ will play. Any musician needs to set-up their own sound systems, etc. This is a NON-LVJBS gathering this time around.
Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Jessica)
- A. Our next Adopt-A-Highway event will be on Saturday, December 4th @ 9 AM. Please look for the event-invite soon!
- B. Our recent ‘Friends & Family Event”, the TOM PETTY ‘Wildflowers’ movie was a great time out. Great documentary. It will be showing in 4k resolution on Thursday, Nov. 11th, on YouTube! Check it out!
- Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Jay via text reply)
- A. Color: Purple (Due to today’s news of the band TURQUAZ breaking up.)
Item 6: Production Report (Greg via phone):
- A. Spoke with Andrew regarding HOT BUTTERED RUM’s availability for Saturday, February 6th @ TheSpaceLV (3460 Cavaretta Ct.) Confirmed details TBD.
- B. LVJBS Holiday Party is reaching out to CUBENSIS for a December 11th event. More details TBD.
- C. Facebook message sent our way by Scott Frasier with a ‘missing person’ search request for Cherilyn Beardall. He’s asking for our group’s possible help to find her remains, with the possible use of a drone/search party. LVJBS Team to discuss our participation, if any, since we are ‘for the music’. (Any LVJBS member can reach out his way, if you’d like to be a part of this search effort: Contact Scott Frasier on Facebook.) We wish him and the family of Cherilyn the best.
- D. Bobby Kingston, owner of Saddle N’ Spurs, asked for a possible jam collaboration on the second Sunday of ea./month—A cross collaboration of the Blues Society and the LVJBS. More details TBD.
- Open Floor:
- A. We are sending the String Cheese Incident family our love & support for the sudden loss of their Madison House Partner & SCI booking agent, JESSE ARATOW, who suddenly left us at age 48.
UPCOMING (LVJBS & non-LVJBS) EVENTS:
*JJ Grey & Mofro (Nov. 4) @ BBLV
*Blackberry Smoke @ Virgin Lawn (Nov. 5 & 6)
*MacSabbath @ TheSpace LV (Nov. 6)
*The Rolling Stones @ Allegiant Stadium (Nov. 6)
*The Black Crowes @ House of Blues (Nov. 18 & 19)
*The Foo Fighters @ Park Theater (Dec. 2)
*Pauly Shore & The Crusty’s @ The SandDollar (Dec. 9)
*The AllmanFamily Revival @ Virgin Theater (Dec. 17)
*Black Pumas @ House of Blues (Dec. 18)
*moe. (Dec. 30 & 31) @ BBLV
Meeting adjourned: 7:55 PM
Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 7th @ 7 PM.
Location: Rocky’s Bar & Grill