February 2021 LVJBS Meeting Minutes

February 09, 2021 12:06 AM | Tiffany Belcher

February 2021 LVJBS Meeting Minutes 

Date: February 2, 2021 

Meeting Start: 7:06PM

Location: Virtual via Zoom 

Attendees: Johnnie T., Adam P., Paige T., Tiffany B., Jay M., Jessica G., Jenny M., Greg S., Daniel R., Ian Z.        


Item 1: President’s Report (Johnnie)

 A.    20 tickets to Catfish John’s event at The Space were held for LVJBS members. A 2nd email will be sent to members to purchase tickets by Friday, February 5th. Tickets will then go on-sale to the public on Saturday, February 6th. Looking forward to making our first show since Covid a big success! 

B.    Johnnie, Adam, and Greg will meet with The Space to finalize details such as: What does the band need for set-up? Bar set-up? Etc.? 

C.    Discussed possible next show TBD in late March or early April.

D.  Possible stream show in the future such as Area 51 shows or another show, if we have streaming rights. Mike Parks and Rob Schuder will be contacted to follow up.

 E.    LVJBS Guitar Picks arrived! They look great and the team is excited about getting them out to the public. Discussed possible donation price in-person versus on-line of $3.00. TBD. 

F.    Network for Good will generate a minimum of $2400 annually. Team discussed making the switch from Wild Apricot. 

G.  'Adopt A Highway' event: Jessica got more bags for future clean ups. 

Item 2: Vice President’s Report (Adam)

A.  The Space is pumped and ready for Catfish John on February 27th. Final details will be worked out with JT.   

Item 3: Treasurer’s Report (Paige)

A. We have 2 new members in LVJBS since last report.

B. Taxes have been filed for 2020.

C. She is working on the Annual list that needs to be completed with the State of Nevada. 

Item 4: Secretary’s Report (Tiffany)

A.  People are excited about the upcoming Catfish John show! Tickets sold quickly and people were reaching out asking if they were sold out. Taylor, from Thee Mess Arounds, reached out stating he was interested in us booking a show for his band in the future!  

Item 5: Mayor’s Report (Jay)

A.  Color:  “Blood Orange”- looking forward to our first show being fire at the end of the month! 

Item 6: Open Floor

 A.  (Jenny) “Pop-up” shows idea revisited. For example, having bands play pop up shows that are announced the day of.  These can occur at a park, a backyard, etc. and can be free or collect donations for artist(s). Goal is to keep it moving, be announced quickly, and create hype!  

 B.  (Jessica)  ‘Adopt-A-Highway’ event was a success. Thank you to everyone who came out! The weather was nice and there was less trash to clean up this time around.     

 C.  (Jenny)  We should start looking into filing out the Google Grants. Google gives out $80,000 in grants.  We can look into using professional grant writers, if needed. Recommended timeline to get this started is before April (tax season).   

D.  (Jenny)  Bootleggers as a potential spot for live music. JT will look into it this week. 

E.  (Jessica) By-laws meeting needs to be scheduled. We will invite elders and anyone who would like to participate. 

F.  (Tiffany)  The Space is a possible place to stream The Knights hockey games from Tahoe the weekend of February 20th, if pricing is suitable. 

G.  (Tiffany) Let’s use our LVJBS Team page to increase communication with each other as we are accomplishing our goals together. 

H.  (Jenny)  Revisited the idea that we should define Officer Roles, as previously suggested in a monthly meeting. 

I.  (Johnnie)  Let’s make this show at The Space a huge success! We are all looking forward to coming together with friends again and sharing music!

J.  (Johnnie) We will play it by ear whether to have next month’s meeting via Zoom or in person. Location TBD. Will look into Mia's establishment.

Meeting adjourned:  8:23 PM

Next Meeting:  Tuesday, March 2nd via Zoom or In-person, TBD


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software